Can people with all inclusive drink packages dine with people without?

hummer2407

We are traveling with people with several different drink packages and I was wondering if we can link any of our reservations together so we can dine together. Im confused. It doesnt look as if we can eat together. One cabin has booked Aurea cabin, the rest are Fantastica cabins. One cabin is the top drink package, one cabin is cheaper everything package, my cabin is the Cheers(free drinks at dinner time) package, and my mother has no package at all.

Everyone in the same party must have the same drinks package which is why they won't link your bookings land side. You'll need to see the maître d' at embarkation to arrange a table to accommodate the group and hope he can oblige. Those in Aurea have My Time dining and will be assigned to an area of the restaurant set aside for that purpose. Again, the maître d' will come in there!

The irony is, of course, that MSC will seat total strangers together at mealtimes with different (and none) drink packages :( Though, I suppose, you'd be less likely to try and stiff the cruiseline by sharing with strangers than you would be with family/friends, hence the thinking behind it.

• 1 month later...

Bummer, the couple who are cruising with us and will dine with in the evening want a drink package, we do not purchase drink packages, so I guess that means they can not get one. I feel so bad for them now, because they really wanted it for sitting by the pool & evenings.

We are traveling with people with several different drink packages and I was wondering if we can link any of our reservations together so we can dine together. Im confused. It doesnt look as if we can eat together. One cabin has booked Aurea cabin, the rest are Fantastica cabins. One cabin is the top drink package, one cabin is cheaper everything package, my cabin is the Cheers(free drinks at dinner time) package, and my mother has no package at all.

What a drinking problem. GEEZ

Bummer, the couple who are cruising with us and will dine with in the evening want a drink package, we do not purchase drink packages, so I guess that means they can not get one. I feel so bad for them now, because they really wanted it for sitting by the pool & evenings.

They will be able to buy the drink package onboard.

No one will ask if they are traveling with anyone or check to see if there reservations are linked.

Lois