Conquest Questions

critcatny

Hi all,

1) Can anyone just off Conquest be more specific with what is now replacing the Fish and Chips on Deck 10? I heard barbecue place but what type things are offered there? (sandwiches? Just meats? etc?)

2) Also, Does anyone happen to have or know where I can find recent FunTimes for the 8-day Conquest to Aruba/Curacao?

3) Which shows are not to miss on the Conquest?

Thanks in advance.

Here is the BBQ menu - copied from John Healds Facebook page:

We have made some changes to the Carnival Conquest food offerings in Lido

Replacing Fish and Chips on deck 10 aft is a. On branded BBQ area and judging by first reports it is massively popular

Here is the menu

What would you have?

BBQ:

Pork Butt

Bone in butt, dry-rubbed, slow braised and pulled

Chicken

Dry rubbed and grilled

Smoked Beef

Low and slow cooked beef, thin sliced

Sides:

Mac N Cheese

Potato Salad

Scratch - Made Slaw

Molasses Baked Beans - Slightly Smoky with bacon and burnt ends

Soft Bun

BBQ Sauces:

Brown Sugar

Kansas City

Spicy Sriracha BBQ Sauce

I did not have any of the food up there, but my kids and husband did. They thought the food was good. We went up there looking for Fish and Chips place and found the Bar B Que instead! We were on Aug 4-8 cruise. The new Seafood Corner was not there. Apparently it appeared on the following cruise.

We found the food on the Conquest to be very good. We thought the MDR was delicious every night. We LOVED the sea day brunch in the MDR and loved both the pizza and Guys Burgers. We did not eat many meals in the buffet.

I agree that the EPIC Rock show was good. We also enjoyed the show Divas.

Enjoy your cruise.

Just want to add my recommendation for Epic Rock. The music (mostly classic rock), the costumes, the light show, the overall performance. Holy cow! When they performed Bohemian Rhapsody, anyone who knows about the headbanging scene from Wayne's World knows that it's proper etiquette to take part in said headbanging at just the right time during the song. I got some funny looks, but I didn't care.

Just want to add my recommendation for Epic Rock. The music (mostly classic rock), the costumes, the light show, the overall performance. Holy cow! When they performed Bohemian Rhapsody, anyone who knows about the headbanging scene from Wayne's World knows that it's proper etiquette to take part in said headbanging at just the right time during the song. I got some funny looks, but I didn't care.

We are not fans overall of playlist but do think that Epic rock is an excellent show.

Divas on the other hand we thought was awful and the best migraine trigger ever with those flashing bright lights.

Conquest is an excellent ship but strange that it is the only ship in its class without serenity deck

Here is the BBQ menu - copied from John Healds Facebook page:

We have made some changes to the Carnival Conquest food offerings in Lido

Replacing Fish and Chips on deck 10 aft is a. On branded BBQ area and judging by first reports it is massively popular

Here is the menu

What would you have?

BBQ:

Pork Butt

Bone in butt, dry-rubbed, slow braised and pulled

Chicken

Dry rubbed and grilled

Smoked Beef

Low and slow cooked beef, thin sliced

Sides:

Mac N Cheese

Potato Salad

Scratch - Made Slaw

Molasses Baked Beans - Slightly Smoky with bacon and burnt ends

Soft Bun

BBQ Sauces:

Brown Sugar

Kansas City

Spicy Sriracha BBQ Sauce

Is this the Guy's BBQ (like on the Magic)? Was it only open on sea days?

Thanks!

Thanks for all the feedback. So looking forward to our cruise in Oct on the Conquest. (but as someone mentioned.....only thing I'm disappointed about is NO Serenity. :(

So strange that Conquest is only ship in its class without serenity. Looks like there is room up there for it but for some reason they didnt put it in.

We are not fans overall of playlist but do think that Epic rock is an excellent show.

Divas on the other hand we thought was awful and the best migraine trigger ever with those flashing bright lights.

Conquest is an excellent ship but strange that it is the only ship in its class without serenity deck

I agree on all comments above. Epic Rock is a good show, but for some reason Divas just left a lot to be desired.

No, the BBQ is not Guys, but everything I've heard about it so far is promising. Sorry to hear they've started charging for fish-n-chips, but I guess I'll just have the BBQ instead. LOL

"SKY"

In absence of Serenity....Where are quiet read a book.places...a deck with overhang looking out to sea would be great...

I think Conquest and Splendor are good ones to watch for a good deal...as a solo...less "right Now latest ones" but still good.

Also if you have done Spirit and Fantasy class...Splendor is close enough that either could be considered your next step in trying all classes!! So happy to get good reports and at least one good show and maybe two with heavy sunglasses..lol....I love classic rock...and shows if fun and "good enough"....Sarah.

Edited by sjn911

Hi all,

1) Can anyone just off Conquest be more specific with what is now replacing the Fish and Chips on Deck 10? I heard barbecue place but what type things are offered there? (sandwiches? Just meats? etc?)

2) Also, Does anyone happen to have or know where I can find recent FunTimes for the 8-day Conquest to Aruba/Curacao?

3) Which shows are not to miss on the Conquest?

Thanks in advance.

Hey , Are you on the 8/20/16 cruise?

If so join the Meet and Mingle and Roll Call.

If not, join them for your cruise dates.

The Mrs and I will be on the 20th cruise.

I have heard good things about the Epic Rock show.

Have a great trip !

I agree on all comments above. Epic Rock is a good show, but for some reason Divas just left a lot to be desired.

No, the BBQ is not Guys, but everything I've heard about it so far is promising. Sorry to hear they've started charging for fish-n-chips, but I guess I'll just have the BBQ instead. LOL

"SKY"

Next Carnival cruise is on Magic and looking forward to its bbq.

In absence of Serenity....Where are quiet read a book.places...a deck with overhang looking out to sea would be great...

Where serenity would be was a reasonably quiet area with lounge chairs and shade. If one side is in the sun the other should be shady.

Also go outside deck 3 was also pretty quiet place

My past few cruises I found Serenity to be either too crowded or too sunny and hot. So I don't think I'lll miss it much on Conquest , as long as there are quiet, shady places to sit elsewhere on the ship. This was true on our recent Magic sailing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Where serenity would be was a reasonably quiet area with lounge chairs and shade. If one side is in the sun the other should be shady.

Also go outside deck 3 was also pretty quiet place

Agree with this. If you're cruising in October there will probably be fewer kids than there would be on a summer holiday. The area mentioned above has an adults-only pool and I found it to be very kid-free. Later in the afternoon and evening it was a very quiet spot and I enjoyed hanging out there. On deck 10 outside the steakhouse (not on the smoking side, the other side) there were usually plenty of open chairs, even during the prime time (sea days).

Overall conquest is my favorite ship. It never seemed too crowded and I think you will find lots of space to relax!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deck 10, mid-ship, has two areas of those comfy chairs and sofas that are used in the Serenity deck sections of other ships. The furniture is under the overhang and is a great place to read or take a nap. This area on the starboard side is for smoking guests but the port side is not. If you take the mid-ship elevator and walk out through the sliding glass doors, taking a right will bring you to the starboard smoking side and turning left and around the corner is the port side.

I agree that the adult aft pool is usually fairly quiet. You can also just head up the stairs to the deck above if you want the sun. It also is quiet.

Epic Rock show is the best! Especially if you were around in the 70's. It is everything you expect a rock show to be. Didn't get to see Diva's.

I understand adding a seafood corner, but why are the prices so high? The fish & chips was always crowded and free! Also, seems strange to put in a regular BBQ instead of waiting and adding Guy's at next dry dock.

Deck 10, mid-ship, has two areas of those comfy chairs and sofas that are used in the Serenity deck sections of other ships. The furniture is under the overhang and is a great place to read or take a nap. This area on the starboard side is for smoking guests but the port side is not. If you take the mid-ship elevator and walk out through the sliding glass doors, taking a right will bring you to the starboard smoking side and turning left and around the corner is the port side.

We were on the Conquest in June and even with a lot of kids on board, we found that this area was almost always nice & quiet. And never crowded at all. The couches were a great touch and there's coffee tables for food & drinks. They're under the overhang so it's shady and when the breeze blew through there, it was a perfect place to relax.

Organized Chaos, you're correct, these areas were never crowded. I brought my lunch out there a few times and it was convenient having those little tables to put my drink and food on.

Also, there was always a Carnival employee stopping to clear dishes and glasses and taking drink orders. It was a lovely area for relaxing in the shade. Some people would sit down on those comfy sofas and be sound asleep within 5 minutes.