Explorer Society

Pyroforyou

Similar experience as Peregrina- 3 river cruises and no gifts or special treats. Looking forward to the ocean cruise and meeting Peregrina. We will need to compare notes at that time and see what, if anything is provided or offered on the ocean cruise!

Similar experience as Peregrina- 3 river cruises and no gifts or special treats. Looking forward to the ocean cruise and meeting Peregrina. We will need to compare notes at that time and see what, if anything is provided or offered on the ocean cruise!

:D Careful what you wish for! :D

I loved our cruise on the Sea this past June and quite honestly I cannot wait to return in December.

Maybe the Viking staff who monitor these posts will provide an explanation about the gift and upgrade policies.

Also nice if they consisered the number of referrals made who actually take a cruise. We have more than 8 people who have taken/booked cruises with us. Great fun for us, wonderful trips for them, and a small boost for Viking.

Maybe the Viking staff who monitor these posts will provide an explanation about the gift and upgrade policies.

Also nice if they consisered the number of referrals made who actually take a cruise. We have more than 8 people who have taken/booked cruises with us. Great fun for us, wonderful trips for them, and a small boost for Viking.

Viking already rewards those who make referrals.

V V, I think you may be right about the upgrade. I think the only aspect of Explorer's that referred to the 3rd cruise was the waiver of the fee for the Air Plus. And, since it isn't mentioned on the website, not sure that is offered any longer.

But, on the upside, got a nice email yesterday that we rec' d a complimentary upgrade on our Viking Sea sailing. So, they are out there. Just depends on whether the ship is full or not. We were upgraded from a DV to PV. We will certainly enjoy the extra room. :)

Becki

Hi Becki! Congrats on the PV upgrade! We had PV category last year and LOVED IT! This next trip is a DV - which will still be great.....but it won't be a PV! You will enjoy the extra room and storage space!

And yes, it makes sense that the luck of the draw - and available staterooms equal the only way it will be be possible. One can always hope!

Thanks, V V! We were very pleasantly surprised. On the maiden voyage we only had a V2 while our friends had a DV, but we had fabulous precruise rooms in Istanbul and postcruise in Venice, so didn't feel too deprived. :D

I don't know if they look at number of Viking Cruises overall or just draw a cabin at will, but this is our 6th Viking, with another river cruise booked for next Oct.

Becki

We’d be happy to offer some insight about the Viking Explorer Society benefits. A free category upgrade for Premier Tier members (3+ trips) is definitely still a benefit which is determined onboard and based on availability. Upgrades are extended within 48 hours of embarkation and are offered to guests with the most cruises.

As a Premier Tier member you should let the receptionist know you’d be interested in an upgrade if one was available.

We hope this information is helpful and as always, should you have an additional questions we can be reached at TellUs@vikingcruises.com.

Kind regards,

Viking Cruises

No they do not send you info other than possibly ads saying there's a $200 per person discount if you book again within a year. Supposedly there is a # but I never noticed it.

You DO get a special private cocktail reception with free drinks of any kind when you cruise again on Viking. I enjoyed the Jack Daniels. We got a written invite in our room.

Edited by philw1776

It is a bit confusing. You will, as noted above, on your next cruise, be invited to the Explorer's returning passengers reception. It is a very nice cocktail party, with cold and hot hors d'oeuvres and a variety of drinks. You will receive also a customer number for referrals to provide to friends and family who might want to book a Viking cruise. If someone whom you have referred books and provides your name and number, they receive a $100 pp booking discount and you also receive that same discount on a future cruise.

Becki

Your Viking customer number is somewhere on your invoice/receipt. It is a good idea to keep it handy in case you want to make a referral. You are correct that they do not put it on most of your mailings, so make a note of it.

A couple of times they have sent out a mailing with pre-printed business cards with your customer number on it that you can give to friends but I can't remember the last time they did it because I don't pay attention. Husband and wife each have a separate customer number.