Princess luggage tags

carabop

I went to print out my Princess luggage tags, the ones with my name cabin number etc on them and then I see in big letters STAPLE HERE. So my question is this when do I staple these onto my luggage? I would think after I land at the airport and before I get on the shuttle to the port. If this is the case who carries a stapler with them on a cruise to staple these on your luggage? My next question would be how do you all attach these tags to your luggage?

We purchase clear luggage tags for putting once printed out tag into, we got them from Amazon, otherwise I would wrap them around your handle and I had previously brought a little very small stapler to attach around our handle.

I went to print out my Princess luggage tags, the ones with my name cabin number etc on them and then I see in big letters STAPLE HERE. So my question is this when do I staple these onto my luggage? I would think after I land at the airport and before I get on the shuttle to the port. If this is the case who carries a stapler with them on a cruise to staple these on your luggage? My next question would be how do you all attach these tags to your luggage?

We put the entire printed page in a plastic page sleeve then fold/cut as required and tape with the 2 inch clear shipping tape.

We put them on before we leave home in case the bags get delayed/lost.

If you wait until you arrive at the port city airport then its pretty easy to find a stapler at one of the counters in bag claim.

You can always carry one of those little ones too.

Once inside that plastic and attached I can lift the entire bag up by the tag. Its very strong.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We have carried a stapler with us at times. Other times a stapler is available in the lobby, like the Hyatt place Fort Lauderdale, since the hotel is usually full of cruisers. On other occasions we bring clear packing tape (a mini-sized roll, not the full sized) with us and that really works well since it also waterproofs the paper tags

I don't use any staples for fear of someone getting cut. I recently purchased some ship luggage tags off of Amazon by a company called Sole Envy that's fulfilled by Amazon. I really like them. This is the description if you want to give them a look-see....

Shiptags, Cruise Luggage Tags w/ Zip Seal & Steel Loops, Baggage Document Holder

Before I purchased these I would fold my luggage tags and then cover with that wide packing tape. I would then staple this around the handle of my suitcase and then cover the Staples with the packing tape for safety.

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

I don't use any staples for fear of someone getting cut. I recently purchased some ship luggage tags off of Amazon by a company called Sole Envy that's fulfilled by Amazon. I really like them. This is the description if you want to give them a look-see....

Shiptags, Cruise Luggage Tags w/ Zip Seal & Steel Loops, Baggage Document Holder

Before I purchased these I would fold my luggage tags and then cover with that wide packing tape. I would then staple this around the handle of my suitcase and then cover the Staples with the packing tape for safety.

We cover the staples too.

Nobody has been harmed in the making/use of the baggage tags. :)

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We cover the staples too.

Nobody has been harmed in the making/use of the baggage tags. :)

We've never bothered with staples. The wide, clear packing tape has always worked fine. Also, we print a couple of extra tags and use the packing tape to go around them with one end overlapping and a part of the tab folded over on itself so that there is a way to pull it open and stick it on the luggage handle it needed. Just in case one of the tags is damaged by the airlines. Hope that makes sense.

We put the entire printed page in a plastic page sleeve then fold/cut as required and tape with the 2 inch clear shipping tape.

We put them on before we leave home in case the bags get delayed/lost.

If you wait until you arrive at the port city airport then its pretty easy to find a stapler at one of the counters in bag claim.

You can always carry one of those little ones too.

Once inside that plastic and attached I can lift the entire bag up by the tag. Its very strong.

Looks good. Will try it next time together with my CC luggage tugs. Thanks.

An easy way to take clear package sealing tape along is to put a few of strips of it on a piece of wax paper, tucking on corner of each piece of tape under so it's easier to get hold of it when it's time to peel it off the wax paper. Just place it and your Princess tags into an outside pocket of your suitcase so they're readily available to attach to your luggage before handing them over to the pier porter.

Edited by flamomo

We purchased a mini stapler at office max for $1.00 that will fit in your purse or pocket. Since we will be boarding the ship in Italy I will just staple the luggage tag prior to boarding the ship.

Because I tend to forget (love those senior moments :D) that I'm carrying all the stuff that I find necessary while waiting to board the ship...I put a luggage tag on EVERYTHING (purse, backpack, cell phone, tablet).

The items that can't hold a full size tag get a mini-tag taped on (I use the printer to make the tags about 40% smaller).

DH says I need a tag, too.

We purchase clear luggage tags for putting once printed out tag into, we got them from Amazon, otherwise I would wrap them around your handle and I had previously brought a little very small stapler to attach around our handle.

Me too.

I really like those tags with the wire loop connectors.

Lots of great suggestions and ideas here. We actually prefer the computer printed luggage tags to what they were issuing ten years ago. It doesn't cost much to print out extra tags. We put two on every checked bag, one on each handle, and one on or in every carry on item.

We use the 2 in scotch tape, right down the middle of the page. Covers all vital information. Then fold and staple as directed.

And you can double up sheets if you like. Print out a sheet of paper with your name, address and phone numbers and back up the luggage tag sheet before before you fold and staple.

We carry a small roll of duck tape with every cruise. If you have to use that instead of a staple, duck tape works fine too.

Finally we tip the the longshoremen a few dollars just to make sure the luggage doesn't fall overboard during loading.:D

Edited by BumperII

Because I tend to forget (love those senior moments :D) that I'm carrying all the stuff that I find necessary while waiting to board the ship...I put a luggage tag on EVERYTHING (purse, backpack, cell phone, tablet).

The items that can't hold a full size tag get a mini-tag taped on (I use the printer to make the tags about 40% smaller).

DH says I need a tag, too.

Very funny. I'll know you when i see you on my next cruise!

Yup, I use something similar -- just with plastic loops. They're quite sturdy -- and reusable!

I haven't had the need to purchase the tag holders, don't travel that much, but, I do pretty much what others have said here.

I take the printed paper, take wide clear tape, put the tape right down the middle of the tag, then overlap on each side so when I fold on the lines, the clear tape is "inside" the tag, so now the whole outside with the info is "waterproof". I have a glass table so I usually do this on the table. I make the strip longer than the paper, so I literally have the paper taped to the table, when I remove the paper I carefully take the long edges and fold under to give the edge more strength. So now the page is pretty much covered in tape. Then I fold in half, punch a hole where it says "staple here" and take a twist tie and put it through and bend it so it stays, so when I am ready to attach I just take it out of the outer pocket of the suitcase, fold through the handle and give the twist ties a few good twists to hold it. Haven't had a problem yet...no staple cuts to worry about. LOL.

"Serendipity" this is where I got my luggage tag holders and I love them. I've had the same ones for many, many years. They're so durable.

I put two on each checked bag and one on EVERYTHING I'm carrying on board. I put them on the night before the cruise because, if I can't drive to the pier, I don't go on the cruise!

I normally will laminate my tags, punch holes in them, and zip tie them to the bag (using 2 zip ties). They have never came off during flight and/or getting onto the ship.

There are also holders available on amazon which are nice and I've not had any issues with these either. I've only used these a handful of times, so time will tell.

The laminating I've used for many cruises.