Does NCL offer tranfers from airport to cruise port?

cruiseelady

Thanks!

I actually called NCL today and asked them since to no one was replying and like you said yes they do offer it. Its $25 each way.

A taxi will be cheaper, quicker and easier.

Really? How much is taxi?

A lot less than $25.00pp...the taxi's are metered by zones you'll probably pay around $15-18 for two with luggage...we just recently did.

When you arrive at SJU after you get your luggage and get into the taxi line you just tell the dispatcher (head of the line) where you're going and they give you a slip of paper that shows the rate...one of the easiest most honest ports we've used. Cancel that cruiseline transfer...you'll be glad you did. Enjoy !!

A lot less than $25.00pp...the taxi's are metered by zones you'll probably pay around $15-18 for two with luggage...we just recently did.

When you arrive at SJU after you get your luggage and get into the taxi line you just tell the dispatcher (head of the line) where you're going and they give you a slip of paper that shows the rate...one of the easiest most honest ports we've used. Cancel that cruiseline transfer...you'll be glad you did. Enjoy !!

Really wow that's definitely cheaper. Thanks for letting me know.

Always taxis are more expensive, that is why I always get a transfer from the cruise line.

Really wow that's definitely cheaper. Thanks for letting me know.

Always taxis are more expensive, that is why I always get a transfer from the cruise line.

Really...that's only been the case for us once and that was from Heathrow to Harwich for our Baltic cruise...otherwise...every place else (and there have been several) taxi's have always been cheaper vs cruise line transfers.

You're very welcome...I know you'll find how easy this is and also for your return after your cruise either to get back to SJU or to a hotel...take a taxi.

Enjoy your cruise.

I don't want you to be surprised. But it will cost a little more than previously stated. I believe it cost $19 from the airport to the pier. But there is a $2 to $3 surcharge (airport charge/fuel charge). You will also pay $1 for each piece of luggage. But you don't pay for your carryon luggage. This is for 1 to 5 people in the taxi. If there is 2 or more of you it will definitely be cheaper, faster, and less stressful to take a taxi since it will be less than $50 NCL is charging for their transfers.

I don't want you to be surprised. But it will cost a little more than previously stated. I believe it cost $19 from the airport to the pier. But there is a $2 to $3 surcharge (airport charge/fuel charge). You will also pay $1 for each piece of luggage. But you don't pay for your carryon luggage. This is for 1 to 5 people in the taxi. If there is 2 or more of you it will definitely be cheaper, faster, and less stressful to take a taxi since it will be less than $50 NCL is charging for their transfers.

Thanks for the updated information.

So it seems Taxi is about $21-22 and the transfer is $25 from NCL.

Not much difference between the two but how safe is it to take a taxi on your own in San Juan?

Thanks for the updated information.

So it seems Taxi is about $21-22 and the transfer is $25 from NCL.

Not much difference between the two but how safe is it to take a taxi on your own in San Juan?

The taxi is $21-22 total, the NCL transfer is $25 per person. Half the cost for the taxi.

You also just get into the taxi rank right outside of baggage claim. I was unfortunate enough to get off my flight at the same time as multiple other flights with many heading for cruises (I wasn't cruising). I think I waited maybe 5 minutes in the rat maze for my turn to get a cab. For the NCL bus transfer, you may have to wait awhile before the bus is full and drives away.

It is extremely safe to take a taxi on your own. Drivers are licensed, just like in major cities. I am an older woman, travel solo, and I felt perfectly safe with all my drivers. I did not take taxis within Old San Juan as I was comfortable walking around, even at night.

Slidergirl is right. It will cost about half the price of the NCL transfers if there are 2 of you. NCL transfers are per person while the taxi is cost per taxi up to 5 people in the taxi. If you had 5 people it would cost $125 with NCL and probably around $25 to $30 depending on how much luggage you have with the taxi. And you get going to the port without having to wait for a bus to fill. The same thing going back to the airport.

I have been there twice and the taxis are extremely easy to use. It is very fast at the airport. Just get in the line and someone will come and ask you where you are going and how many people and will count your luggage. They will hand you a paper with all the information which you give to the driver.

I felt very safe. We walked around Old San Juan, Condado, and Isla Verde. And we are in our 60's.

Like I said previously I am on my own so how is it that taxi is half of the transfer? Its not.

If I take the taxi on my own its 22 dollars , if I take the transfer from NCL its 25 dollars. Just three bucks difference.

But it makes since to take a taxi, since its still slightly cheaper and faster.

Like I said previously I am on my own so how is it that taxi is half of the transfer? Its not.

If I take the taxi on my own its 22 dollars , if I take the transfer from NCL its 25 dollars. Just three bucks difference.

But it makes since to take a taxi, since its still slightly cheaper and faster.

Sorry I didn't realize it was only you. A lot of people will say "on your own" when doing something independent of the cruise line. Maybe you could add to it by saying you are traveling solo. As you already know most people aren't traveling solo and we made the wrong assumption.

Sorry I didn't realize it was only you. A lot of people will say "on your own" when doing something independent of the cruise line. Maybe you could add to it by saying you are traveling solo. As you already know most people aren't traveling solo and we made the wrong assumption.

You'll be surprised how many travel solo :)

Slidergirl is right. It will cost about half the price of the NCL transfers if there are 2 of you. NCL transfers are per person while the taxi is cost per taxi up to 5 people in the taxi. If you had 5 people it would cost $125 with NCL and probably around $25 to $30 depending on how much luggage you have with the taxi. And you get going to the port without having to wait for a bus to fill. The same thing going back to the airport.

I have been there twice and the taxis are extremely easy to use. It is very fast at the airport. Just get in the line and someone will come and ask you where you are going and how many people and will count your luggage. They will hand you a paper with all the information which you give to the driver.

I felt very safe. We walked around Old San Juan, Condado, and Isla Verde. And we are in our 60's.

What about Pan M pier....just booked a transfer with ncl..will I need it from there..Thanks

What about Pan M pier....just booked a transfer with ncl..will I need it from there..Thanks

I'm not sure what you are asking. The Pan Am pier is just as far away from the airport as the Old San Juan Pier. They are just on opposite sides of the bay. The airport near the Pan Am pier is not where you will landing.

I have gone out of both piers. OSJ with Carnival and Pan Am with Celebrity. Are you traveling solo or are there 2 or more of you traveling together? If the latter I would say take a taxi. It will be cheaper and quicker. I don't like sitting around waiting for a bus to fill.

I'm not sure what you are asking. The Pan Am pier is just as far away from the airport as the Old San Juan Pier. They are just on opposite sides of the bay. The airport near the Pan Am pier is not where you will landing.

I have gone out of both piers. OSJ with Carnival and Pan Am with Celebrity. Are you traveling solo or are there 2 or more of you traveling together? If the latter I would say take a taxi. It will be cheaper and quicker. I don't like sitting around waiting for a bus to fill.

Sorry that was confusing..Just wondering if Pan am has taxi's as easy to get to as old San Juan. Our flight is not until 230 so I am not in a hurry. Wold it still cost around 25? Thanks so much. There will be two of us.

Sorry that was confusing..Just wondering if Pan am has taxi's as easy to get to as old San Juan. Our flight is not until 230 so I am not in a hurry. Wold it still cost around 25? Thanks so much. There will be two of us.

So you are talking about a taxi after the cruise. When we got off the Summit at the Pan AM pier there were many taxis there. We waited on the ship until last call since we were spending 3 nights in San Juan after the cruise. And there were still plenty of taxis. We were staying at the Hampton Inn near the airport. I think it was about $25 which included a tip.

Now if you find someone to share the taxi with before going out to the taxis it will cut your costs. The only extra cost would their luggage. We did this when going to the pier. We came in a day early and met a couple at the hotel at breakfast. We agreed to meet at 10:30 in the lobby. We walked outside and they had taxis waiting. It cost $3 more for all 4 of us as it would have cost just for the 2 of us. That is because the taxi is a rate for 1 to 5 passengers. The extra cost was for their 3 pieces of luggage. I think each couple gave the driver $14.

You'll be surprised how many travel solo :)

I'm a solo traveler....

I didn't catch the part about going solo, my apologies.

But, honestly, I'd still go with the taxi. With the ship transfer, you do have to wait until the bus is full before it will leave. Depending on your fellow transferees, you may still be sitting there waiting for them to collect their luggage, head to the bathroom after the long flight, re-gather the family, and head to the bus. By that time, you could be already on your way in the taxi...

I'm a solo traveler....

I didn't catch the part about going solo, my apologies.

But, honestly, I'd still go with the taxi. With the ship transfer, you do have to wait until the bus is full before it will leave. Depending on your fellow transferees, you may still be sitting there waiting for them to collect their luggage, head to the bathroom after the long flight, re-gather the family, and head to the bus. By that time, you could be already on your way in the taxi...

Agree....I too didn't realize the OP was a single traveler....the taxi will arrive there long before that transfer bus does....better for the OP not to be in that large crowd (herd) too as they get off the bus and head for the port terminal checkin...The same goes for the return trip...a taxi to SJU.