Taking a fan onboard

RMS95

Ok first let me say I have never ever done this and always look at people like they are crazy when I see that they are bringing a fan onboard. But in recent months the hubby and I have used a fan in our room at night. With that said....what is the smallest most powerful decent priced fan that we could take onboard? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The cabins are TOO HOT! We've always gotten a fan from guest services, but they were a little reluctant on our last cruise, so we bought our own to bring from now on. We bought a 7" Vornado from Lowe's. It puts out a lot of air, but it's small enough to fit in our suitcase. It was about $45.

Edited by watermelonqueen99

I ALWAYS travel with a small fan. It is the same type as they use in nail shops. Being small you have to position it just right. I have met people who have had large fans confiscated until the end of the cruise.

We always take a small fan. Got one from Target for about $18. Does a great job of both cooling and "white" noise to drown out the late nighters.

I have the same fan at home and work, it works very well. I think I'll take it on my next cruise. How do you pack it? With the clothes or a separate bag?

We always take a small fan. Got one from Target for about $18. Does a great job of both cooling and "white" noise to drown out the late nighters.

That's the exact one I take. I put it in a carryon (I saved the box so it looks like it's new). Haven't had a problem getting it on at port Canaveral (twice) and Tampa. Will see how it goes at Galveston this Sunday. It's a great fan that absolutely helps to cool off the cabin and drown out hallway noise.

I bring a USB powered fan. Got it on Target clearance after school sales. Metal cage, about 4" across. Puts out just enough to move air around. Have seen plastic versions at the dollar stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

DH must have moving air to sleep...so I totally understand the fan on board thing. Walmart sells a 6" all metal fan for like $5. This has been a lifesaver! It goes with him everywhere. For the size and cost, you could take 2 and aim one of them at each of you!

I have the same fan at home and work, it works very well. I think I'll take it on my next cruise. How do you pack it? With the clothes or a separate bag?

It fits right in our checked luggage. Doesn't weigh much and sits nicely right at the bottom.

Edited by Barsnikel

I have seen someone carry on a full size box fan without question. We take a more reasonable sized one and have it on in my carry on bag with my Cpap and extension cord. Have never had a problem.

I took my 8" camping fan that I bought years ago from the Walmart. But I've kept the box all these years, so it still looks new. Start in the camping section if you're looking for something small & portable. The one I have operates on batteries or A/C power. I put it in my carry-on and they never questioned it. I also brought a long extension cord (6-8 ft). This let me put the fan right beside the bed since there was only one outlet in the room.

Hook 'em Horns! Fellow Longhorn here. Sixteen days till kick-off! We've always packed a small electric fan in our checked luggage and never had a problem. That's not to say it can't happen but so far we've been fine.

Edited by okeytaco

Hook 'em Horns! Fellow Longhorn here. Sixteen days till kick-off! We've always packed a small electric fan in our checked luggage and never had a problem. That's not to say it can't happen but so far we've been fine.

Can't wait! And awesome, thank you. That's what I thought just wanted to make sure. First time trying to bring a fan on board. Usually just try to deal without white noise but I really don't sleep well without it.