Time allotment between on board ship and flight?

GICNJC

We are looking for advice on how long Oceania allows between embarking or dembarkation when using their inclusive flights. We are exploring a side trip of two to three weeks in Europe. We realize they will charge us a fee for not using their suggested flights.

We are looking for advice on how long Oceania allows between embarking or dembarkation when using their inclusive flights. We are exploring a side trip of two to three weeks in Europe. We realize they will charge us a fee for not using their suggested flights.

They won't allow a two or three week interlude between the cruise and your flight. I get the impression that their airline contracts or insurance (possibly both) require that the travel which they book for you be specific transportation to or from the Cruise.

Maybe I am misunderstanding, and it doesn't help that in general we do our own air. We HAVE (I think) gone home 2 weeks afterwards ... but maybe not with O's air.

But if you are planning such a long interval between the cruise and your flights, it might well be better to take the credit for not using O's air and book your own flights.

We are planning on staying in Portugal for at least a week after our cruise ends on May 1, 2017. It didn't occur to us to use O's air for that.

(We may change our mind if we discover a problem in booking air from NYC to Miami with a return from Lisbon to NYC ... that happened once upon a time and we did use O's air, but we weren't staying on more than a few days at the end port on that trip.)

Mura

If you pay the deviation fee I think you can only do up to 2wks before & up to 2 wks after

You can choose the flights you want with the deviation there may or may not be an upcharge

You could call Oceania or ask your TA to check on this

it is better to get the fact before making a decision