Need a shuttle from the Carnival Vista to Airport

Luluwa

Our flight from Miami back home is at 11:15am and the ship transfers don't begin until 12. I'm not wanting to change all 5 of our flights so taking a shuttle or a taxi from ship to airport.

Any recommendations for a shuttle service and how to do that? THANKS !!!!!:confused:

Uber for 5 people and luggage may be asking a bit much. Whey don't you ask on the embarkation ports forum for Florida? You might get more options there.

Not really. You could always take 2 vehicles. It will be less than 2 taxis. With a flight that early I wouldn't be counting on any type of shuttle service. I like to be out of the terminal and on my way ASAP with no additional stops anywhere.

If not Uber XL you can try SAS transportation

We have used SAS before too. But I wouldn't with an early flight like that. We had to circle the port multiple times looking for the other group of people that were getting on there too. Oh and this was after we had to wait like 20 min for them to show up to get us.

Best bet when you don't have a lot of time to spare is Uber or taxi.

We always take a taxi to the airport. it is a flat $27.00. and about 20 to 25 minutes.

But 5 people with luggage will not fit in a standard cab. I just did a fare estimate with Uber XL and it is 36 to 47 total. Regular Uber X is 18 to 23.

That flight is too early to chance any other form of transportation.

But 5 people with luggage will not fit in a standard cab. I just did a fare estimate with Uber XL and it is 36 to 47 total. Regular Uber X is 18 to 23.

That flight is too early to chance any other form of transportation.

Who says it has to be a standard cab. There are vans too you know for same price. Just have to ask

I actually had my Uber ride there before I would have gotten a taxi since there was already a little bit of a line. The Uber drivers are already in the area, just not right where the taxis are. I pressed the button as soon as I left the Customs guy and had a phone call as soon as I hit the outside of the door. The car pulled up at the same time I walked across the median. I love, love, love Uber.

If not Uber XL you can try SAS transportation

We have used SAS before too. But I wouldn't with an early flight like that. We had to circle the port multiple times looking for the other group of people that were getting on there too. Oh and this was after we had to wait like 20 min for them to show up to get us.

Best bet when you don't have a lot of time to spare is Uber or taxi.

SAS does not pick up at port of Miami for transport to MIA

Our flight from Miami back home is at 11:15am and the ship transfers don't begin until 12. I'm not wanting to change all 5 of our flights so taking a shuttle or a taxi from ship to airport.

Any recommendations for a shuttle service and how to do that? THANKS !!!!!:confused:

I think that the shuttles that begin at 12 are for transport to the port from the airport. Not the other way around.

Regardless, there should be no problem with 5 in a taxi van. Would never book a shuttle for that ride

I actually had my Uber ride there before I would have gotten a taxi since there was already a little bit of a line. The Uber drivers are already in the area, just not right where the taxis are. I pressed the button as soon as I left the Customs guy and had a phone call as soon as I hit the outside of the door. The car pulled up at the same time I walked across the median. I love, love, love Uber.

I've waited a lot on taxis, especially ones I had to call in advance to arrange. Never waited more than a minute or 2 for Uber. Although I'd definitely get the XL for 5 people and luggage.

(I frequently work out of town and overnight. Almost always with one or two co-workers. On hotel nights we like to go out for dinner and tend to get a bit drinky. We used to always call cabs and we always had to wait. Once we got started on Uber I never looked at a taxi again.)

I've waited a lot on taxis, especially ones I had to call in advance to arrange. Never waited more than a minute or 2 for Uber. Although I'd definitely get the XL for 5 people and luggage.

(I frequently work out of town and overnight. Almost always with one or two co-workers. On hotel nights we like to go out for dinner and tend to get a bit drinky. We used to always call cabs and we always had to wait. Once we got started on Uber I never looked at a taxi again.)

Me too. It's bye bye taxis. There is absolutely no comparison. Uber rocks!

As soon as you get off the ship, cross the street to the median where the taxis wait and request a van taxi.

Taxi is 20-25 min away.

The only time I would suggest a taxi over Uber is for those few airports where it is still a disaster to try to find your driver. Luckily those are becoming more sparse as Uber's popularity increases. Just get two X's if you need to. And with 5 people you can probably find a first time user in your group that would qualify for a free ride coupon. Finding your driver at the port isn't the easiest feat ever, but it's not that bad.