Nyc ncl port?

CleoSushi

Breakaway typically, 90% of the time (if not 100%) is docked at Pier 88 and used 2 gangways for passengers to disembark & embark.

GEM, usually at Pier 90 - especially if the bigger ships are also there - I don't recall (nor checking to see) if that pier/terminal is equipped with 2 gangways for passenger use - as one gangway is fine for 2,500 pax (or less)

They are right next to each other with rooftop parking of its own above, one entrance ramp to drive up to level 2 - closet to 55th Street, Pier 92 is seldom used unless there's a 3rd or 4th ship there, i.e Aida overnighting, then, Pier 90 is next followed by Pier 88 toward the far end, closest to 44th Street (where those coming from 12th Avenue and use the street level entrance/elevators & escalators to reach departure level.

Breakaway typically, 90% of the time (if not 100%) is docked at Pier 88 and used 2 gangways for passengers to disembark & embark.

GEM, usually at Pier 90 - especially if the bigger ships are also there - I don't recall (nor checking to see) if that pier/terminal is equipped with 2 gangways for passenger use - as one gangway is fine for 2,500 pax (or less)

They are right next to each other with rooftop parking of its own above, one entrance ramp to drive up to level 2 - closet to 55th Street, Pier 92 is seldom used unless there's a 3rd or 4th ship there, i.e Aida overnighting, then, Pier 90 is next followed by Pier 88 toward the far end, closest to 44th Street (where those coming from 12th Avenue and use the street level entrance/elevators & escalators to reach departure level.

You maybe can answer this based on your post. We are being dropped off, we never sailed NCL or out of NYC for that matter. When we get dropped off we go down stairs in an elevator or escalator? Is there a choice because I am not a fan of elevators, a bit claustrophobic? Thanks.

... We are being dropped off, we never sailed NCL or out of NYC for that matter. When we get dropped off we go down stairs in an elevator or escalator? Is there a choice because I am not a fan of elevators ...

Short answer, most of the time - you can & should be dropped off upstairs on level 2, arrival for easiest check-in and porters are there along with their huge carts. Port security and sometimes, NYPD will be there as well, to keep traffic moving and enforce no waiting - as they don't like any unattended vehicles or drivers sitting & idling/waiting.

Almost all the time, depending on where you are coming from - the best way is come south from the Henry Hudson/old West Side Parkway, keep right & straight to the pier entrance at 57th to 55th Street, you get a great view down the river and can see the ship(s) already there.

This link on East Coast departure is more than about NYC parking for the pier - has all the details about driving to the pier, etc. - many new to Manhattan terminal find it helpful http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2057865&highlight=nyc+parking

Short answer, most of the time - you can & should be dropped off upstairs on level 2, arrival for easiest check-in and porters are there along with their huge carts. Port security and sometimes, NYPD will be there as well, to keep traffic moving and enforce no waiting - as they don't like any unattended vehicles or drivers sitting & idling/waiting.

Almost all the time, depending on where you are coming from - the best way is come south from the Henry Hudson/old West Side Parkway, keep right & straight to the pier entrance at 57th to 55th Street, you get a great view down the river and can see the ship(s) already there.

This link on East Coast departure is more than about NYC parking for the pier - has all the details about driving to the pier, etc. - many new to Manhattan terminal find it helpful http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2057865&highlight=nyc+parking

Thanks, I guess we'll just go with the flow when we get there.

I assume you meant to say "closest to 48th Street".

There is no car entrance except at 55th Street.

If we're being dropped off and 12th ave is backed up northbound, we exit the car around 12th & 47th and cross to the port at the light.

Also, if you enter the port at 55th street, sometimes the police/port people direct drop-offs to the street level, sometimes to the check-in level.

At street level, you drop your luggage with the porters and can take an escalator OR huge elevator to the check-in level.

If you park at the pier, you can take the elevator down one level to check-in.

If both Gem and Breakaway are in port, Breakaway is at pier 88, and Gem at 90. Otherwise, the norm is NCL ship is at 88.

Edited by mizLORInj

there is no car entrance except at 55th street.

If we're being dropped off and 12th ave is backed up northbound, we exit the car around 12th & 47th and cross to the port at the light.

Also, if you enter the port at 55th street, sometimes the police/port people direct drop-offs to the street level, sometimes to the check-in level.

At street level, you drop your luggage with the porters and can take an escalator or huge elevator to the check-in level.

If both gem and breakaway are in port, breakaway is at pier 88, and gem at 90. Otherwise, the norm is ncl ship is at 88.

thanks so much

There is no car entrance except at 55th Street.

At street level, you drop your luggage with the porters and can take an escalator OR huge elevator to the check-in level.

If both Gem and Breakaway are in port, Breakaway is at pier 88, and Gem at 90. Otherwise, the norm is NCL ship is at 88.

OK you just answered my question by saying Escalator OR elevator. Works for me, thanks.