SOLO Review of the Norwegian Escape July 30th 2016

Victorious8

Completely irrelevant to your review... But I love that Kat Von D foundation! :D

Me too! That plus the urban decay up all night spray and my make up is still solid after a 12 hour day!

I also like the concealer I have from her and I got a sample from Sephora of her felt tip eyeliner and it was amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Me too! That plus the urban decay up all night spray and my make up is still solid after a 12 hour day!

I also like the concealer I have from her and I got a sample from Sephora of her felt tip eyeliner and it was amazing!

Tattoo Liner? Its the best! We are fiiiinally getting KVD in the UK in a couple of weeks which makes me very happy!

Day 3! The only day I got off the ship :)

I woke up pretty late so by the time I got ready there wasn't much left for breakfast and it was that on time in between when O'Sheehans stops serving breakfast and isn't serving lunch. I went up to the buffet the grab some small bites and then met my friends at the Atrium bar where I had a cocktail or two.

Outfit of the day:

6b437eb53b78eaf7c9c17f4f2e800149.jpg

I met up with Gemma and A and we looked around the port before deciding to have a cab take us around the island. Correct me if I was wrong but I believe it was about 32$ a person?

The car was a bit run down and a piece of it hilariously fell on A as he was getting in. The AC wasn't the best and I started to feel pretty sick towards the end. The drivers English wasn't that great but it was still good to have been able to get off the ship and check out the island.

Somehow the car made it to the top of the island where we got some pictures and a birthday gift for Renzi up in Vibe.

c75a23751b3f705e4c00e3b28a0fe709.jpg

fb635caccd9f9e825f0b40060f3b58e1.jpg

08779dd1542559e59210d645487a76a0.jpg

We got our minion the minion backpack!

63bf814246329e530a62adf8777a10be.jpg

We had the driver stop for lunch at a beautiful beach that I don't remember the name of. We used some wifi and hung out at this little beach bar and grill for a little over an hour.

b76f92c6c51803df2abf814b1d33cc2e.jpg

e373f4324dcd773c99b327ee3ec3856d.jpg

60f41485edb7c6677c6dce61fcb55c2a.jpg

6000cd1ba482e717b7405b3c119eab9e.jpg

After lunch I believe we headed back to the port. At some point we stopped at a pharmacy and bought what we hoped was anti nausea meds for Seamus.

Once we were back at the port we shopped for a few trinkets before snapping some pictures before we boarded.

9861e39ee5ec4450cbe6cb0e5c5b8138.jpg

A looks SO happy to be with us in this pic!! [emoji38][emoji38] I had a little chuckle to myself reading this & remembering the car falling apart him! Great day....well worth the $32 [emoji1360]

Lol, and he didn't even know yet that the pictures with him in front of the boat were taken with him blocking it [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] he still has yet to share all of his pictures and I think he had the one of me standing in front of it!

After lunch I believe we headed back to the port. At some point we stopped at a pharmacy and bought what we hoped was anti nausea meds for Seamus.

Are you sure that was a legitimate pharmacy???? The mess cured my sea sickness but I was buzzing for the night. Best medication I ever took considering they didn't speak English and ye didn't speak their language. Thanks though. It was the best present I could hope for as the hurricane was getting close and I couldn't handle another night of sea sickness

Since Seamus had gotten see sick the night before when we got on the boat he was back to "J".

c9ea1293171f46c832e1967428ed844c.jpg

It didn't take long before J left again and Seamus came back [emoji23]

https://vimeo.com/180226371

Please note how nice his tan is after 10 days on a cruise ship [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

https://vimeo.com/180226563

I didn't want Seamus to show me up so I demonstrated a hand stand twerk on the wall near the sitting area by the bathroom. Unfortunately A messed up filming and didn't catch it. I started to nod off on the couches and everyone kept encouraging me not to nap again...

I wish I was back on The Norwegian Escape. This review is bringing back a lot of happy memories and some disturbing ones. It was the best holiday I could have hoped for and I met wonderful people and have made great friends. Thanks guys.

I wish I was back on The Norwegian Escape. This review is bringing back a lot of happy memories and some disturbing ones. It was the best holiday I could have hoped for and I met wonderful people and have made great friends. Thanks guys.

I agree! I wish I was on for the 2 weeks with you guys cause it sounds like the 2nd week was just as fun as the first!!! Miss everyone!!!

75efce71b2566ef4a74c849a5db4a974.jpg

I made it to a dinner! I couldn't be a member of CC without checking out Food Republic while on the Escape! While I liked the food I wasn't completely wow'd. To be honest though my eating habits were WAY off on this cruise. I ate so little and didn't have a huge appetite.

I really liked everything but it didn't know my socks off.

I actually got dressed up pretty nicely that night but didn't get a full body picture. This was the night I got the backhanded compliment from guest services that I looked a lot better in person than on my cruise card [emoji23] (I had left my card at Food republic and by the time I remembered they had sent it down somewhere).

We first met in The District because me A, Seamus/J and Gemma had thought we would ordered appetizers from the menu there. A basically never ate at sit down places. Gemma and I decided we didn't want what they had there and said screw it and walked over to FR. We didn't feel like waiting for a table so we sat at the bar top.

Me being vain while Gemma and Seamus/J look at what to eat. J was a lot pickier than Gemma and I.

60be6433ca2301a2fd1ecede7ef86197.jpg

Here is a cute one of the three of us [emoji7]

4a0255a66643376e44c159dbf5ef9bf4.jpg

I'll actually take a quick moment to mention how amazing Gemma was to me on this trip. The group were all connected in various ways and most of which were because of her. I see why now. She was wonderful at making me feel included in the group. The two previous days I had felt like an outsider and this day is when I finally felt like I was a part of things.

Anyways back to the review. We had decided we would each order two things, which we did. But then when we were looking more at the menu we kept finding interesting things to try so I think we ended up with 3 each? Unfortunately some of it had to go to waste :(

7858fad96c4b5c76e56f646ef1982096.jpg

At this point in the cruise I was only thinking in a British accent. It still happens quite often and I am glad I haven't embarrassed myself by trying to speak that way.

After dinner we headed back over to The District to meet up with the entire group.

4619cdb61bb9dbe51fd64ef34a8b0c10.jpg

And then did some shots

a8e0093fb4182265a9403071b28bf59b.jpg

After my disappearing acts the two previous nights I started to leave my stuff with people whenever I wandered from the group to make sure I would come back. This sometimes lead to coming back to a phone full of selfies of other people.

2208a699a1d0ef72090b7b874ba908c9.jpg

We ended up in Skyline. There might have been stuff that happened between the district and this but I can't remember. I just know I didn't take a nap! I also have this video:

https://vimeo.com/180262765

I am pretty #basic and take too many videos like this which are just a way of me trying to be more subtle about getting attention than the traditional selfie.

Seamus and I had a lot of fun dancing and just being ridiculous. I noticed this night how young the people on the dance floor seemed. The weather had been bad so they moved the Latin night party the skyline. They turned on the lights once or twice to try and get the under 18 folks out. I couldn't believe that those who remained were over 18. I know that it has been 10 years now since high school but dang those adults looked young (and how old do I feel saying that [emoji38])

The seas were a bit rough because of the hurricane we were trying to dodge. The itinerary had changed and we were now headed to Cozumel the next day. I hadn't had anything planned but had wanted to get off the ship at least for a bit. Most people went to bed early.

A and I went down to the waterfront to hang out for a while. Those couches are so dang comfy! I brought a double glass of red wine per usual. The storm was getting pretty darn crazy and water was coming into the waterfront. I had drunkenly/stupidly thought it was someone cleaning the decks above [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23].

Next up: Day 4, Hurricane Earl Can't Kill Our VIBE

So the day time during Day 4 was sort of depressing for me. I'm not sure the exact reason why. I think maybe it had hit me that the cruise was halfway over and I hadn't gotten to see a lot, but instead of normally bossing my sister around to join me I had to explore all alone. To make matters worse the text app was total rubbish that day and despite friends trying to meet up I couldn't receive texts in time to arrange anything.

My outfit wasn't even very cute that day :/

17b8b6e094ddbb81000576408d924432.jpg

I ate at the buffet and then decided I wanted to try the waterslides. I sort of forgot my white bikini top can be sort of see through so I got a few strange looks coming off the slides. I started on one of the drop slides. It was scary but I actually found doing it the second and third time even more frightening. No discernible difference on the two as expected. I screamed loudly every time.

The tube slide was kinda cool but also kinda boring when you are alone. I also worked at a water park for years so waterslides aren't anything too special for me. I think this one would have been a lot more fun if you went with a friend.

I tried to find stuff to do but there really wasn't much going on. I know I popped into vibe for a bit. I wanted to do the ropes course so I went by there to get the scoop on the dress code. They told me my strapped sandals would not work since it had to be closed toed. I asked if my cowboy boots would work and they said yes. This seemed strange since the sandals would have been a lot more secure and a lot safer but I guess rules are rules. I was also told the sleeveless shirt I was wearing at the time was not acceptable.

I hung out in Vibe for a while until people were back on the boat. They were putting away a lot of the deck furniture even though it wasn't all aboard. Apparently the weather was about to be real nasty right around sail away. I was hoping I would be able to get on the ropes course before it got too bad.

A had gotten back on the boat and had texted J about doing the miniature golf. I went with him and the three of us played. J was garbage but it was so bad it was funny. A and I were neck and neck until I did poorly and just gave up.

After golf we decided to do the course so we went to change. I had only about two shirts to chose from since I did not bring much of anything besides tank tops. Sure enough they allowed me to do the course in my boots. They were rather fussy about leaving stuff below the course so we decided to run back to VIbe to leave out things with our friends there.

I really enjoyed the ropes course. The winds were pretty strong but it was very cool. I wish I would have checked my photo from the plank. I actually don't remember ever seeing the photo place. Navigating the course in cowboy boots is a bit hard so I wouldn't recommend it. I was really scared they would also fall off. Especially on the Zipline over the ocean. Luckily they worked fine. The Zipline was great and I was even brave enough to open my arms (while screaming like a baby).

After the ropes course we went back up to Vibe for a very wild sail away, as you might have noticed I didn't even up getting off the boat in Cozumel. I also had learned to not say things like "I didn't get off" around this group of friends because if I did it would turn into a dirty joke.

Next up: HURRICANE EARL

75efce71b2566ef4a74c849a5db4a974.jpg

I made it to a dinner! I couldn't be a member of CC without checking out Food Republic while on the Escape! While I liked the food I wasn't completely wow'd. To be honest though my eating habits were WAY off on this cruise. I ate so little and didn't have a huge appetite.

I really liked everything but it didn't know my socks off.

I actually got dressed up pretty nicely that night but didn't get a full body picture. This was the night I got the backhanded compliment from guest services that I looked a lot better in person than on my cruise card [emoji23] (I had left my card at Food republic and by the time I remembered they had sent it down somewhere).

We first met in The District because me A, Seamus/J and Gemma had thought we would ordered appetizers from the menu there. A basically never ate at sit down places. Gemma and I decided we didn't want what they had there and said screw it and walked over to FR. We didn't feel like waiting for a table so we sat at the bar top.

Me being vain while Gemma and Seamus/J look at what to eat. J was a lot pickier than Gemma and I.

60be6433ca2301a2fd1ecede7ef86197.jpg

Here is a cute one of the three of us [emoji7]

4a0255a66643376e44c159dbf5ef9bf4.jpg

I'll actually take a quick moment to mention how amazing Gemma was to me on this trip. The group were all connected in various ways and most of which were because of her. I see why now. She was wonderful at making me feel included in the group. The two previous days I had felt like an outsider and this day is when I finally felt like I was a part of things.

Anyways back to the review. We had decided we would each order two things, which we did. But then when we were looking more at the menu we kept finding interesting things to try so I think we ended up with 3 each? Unfortunately some of it had to go to waste :(

7858fad96c4b5c76e56f646ef1982096.jpg

Aaawww thanks for your lovely words vic, I'm glad that u felt part of the group. We all know what it's like to cruise solo, as that's how we first met! My first solo cruise would have been awful if the people I'd met hadn't been so friendly. Meeting new people is one of my fav things about cruising!

Just wanted to say as well, anyone going on the escape & thinking of going to food republic totally needs to check it out! I loved loved loved it here, just disappointed I didn't get to try EVERY dish! Lol. The buffalo shrimp sushi & the chicken teriyaki were especially good!

Also I don't remember taking the selfie on your phone with piano guy haha! He was great too, my highlight that night was asking him to play Coldplay & he chose 'yellow' which happens to be my fav song :) I really enjoyed the brewhouse that night & was kinda disappointed I hadn't spent more time in their during the cruise. Maybe next time!! [emoji16]

I wish next time on the Escape was easier to plan. Now that I have found a job that I love I need to find someone to start paying me to do it so I can earn money and be able to book trips further out in advance [emoji24]

If I fail the bar exam count me in for a trip sometime before the next exam (late Feb)!!!

We stayed out there to watch sail away

fe4037acae8d153274b1e68d2f516278.jpg

Nice shot! The gentleman I'm talking to is a former Russian soldier. He and I served around the same time. He's now a US citizen and couldn't thank me enough. My how far we've come. Great review, so far. Really takes me back.

PS....can't wait for the hurricane earl instalment!! Such a fun day [emoji1][emoji483]

This was my favourite part of the 2 week cruise. Drinking hurricane shots in vibe while everyone was heading indoors to avoid the hurricane. Great fun

This was my favourite part of the 2 week cruise. Drinking hurricane shots in vibe while everyone was heading indoors to avoid the hurricane. Great fun

I'm going to hopefully post that part tonight after dinner. I was so beat last night from lack of sleep over the week!