SOLO Review of the Norwegian Escape July 30th 2016

Victorious8

How is it possible to fall for somebody from a cruise message board? Vic you are absolutely stunning and hilarious.I wish you would have been on my solo cruises.I need somebody to draw me out to do things sometimes and I can see from this review that being around you and your vibe would have been awesome.Thanks for the pics and the review.Whens the next cruise I want to be there!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...
I need to know more about this drinking challenge at District... DBF would be extremely interested!!

There are 84 different beers in the bar. You sign up on the first day and you try as many different beers as you want throughout the week. There is a leaderboard so you can see each day what position you are in.

PS. No cheating allowed........ like some people who take a full beer to the ladies toilet and come back with an empty glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are 84 different beers in the bar. You sign up on the first day and you try as many different beers as you want throughout the week. There is a leaderboard so you can see each day what position you are in.

PS. No cheating allowed........ like some people who take a full beer to the ladies toilet and come back with an empty glass.

Thank you so much!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone! Just came back to let you know I PASSED THE CALIFORNIA BAR EXAM! It was my first try and now I feel like I need a cruise to celebrate! I am still waiting or my moral character determination to go through so I might have some free time before I start work to travel!

I am hoping someday to finish this! Thanks for everyone who was so supportive both on this trip and here before/after!

Hey everyone! Just came back to let you know I PASSED THE CALIFORNIA BAR EXAM! It was my first try and now I feel like I need a cruise to celebrate! I am still waiting or my moral character determination to go through so I might have some free time before I start work to travel!

I am hoping someday to finish this! Thanks for everyone who was so supportive both on this trip and here before/after!

WooHoo!!! Glad to hear the great news. It was good to meet you on board the Escape.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Congratulations! Your friends here are equally happy as your family for such an accomplishment!

Congratulations! Your friends here are equally happy as your family for such an accomplishment!

Thanks! I am reallllllly itching to go on a cruise again. It may look like I will have some down time before starting a job so I am definitely considering it!

Thanks! I am reallllllly itching to go on a cruise again. It may look like I will have some down time before starting a job so I am definitely considering it!

I'm on the Escape on the 10th and I think there's still room. Call it an early Christmas present!

Thanks for the review! I am heading on the Escape next year for my Honeymoon and we are glad that there are party people on board like you and your shipmates.

I am highly looking forward to slaying that District Brewhouse challenge.

Counting down the days to my first cruise in 10 years, looking forward to all the shenanigans that will ensue.

• 2 weeks later...

Alrighty! So I am going to try and finish up this review! I got busy and preoccupied with my internship and never got around to finish. Well Friday was my last day at my internship so I thought it was time to get on here and finish up. I'm also very tempted to do a last minute cruise out of New Orleans this weekend so I'm in a cruising state of mind.

Like I mentioned, I found out I passed the bar about two weeks ago. I was at an unpaid internship pretty much since the cruise. That has ended and I've had about 4 promising interviews in the last few weeks. I really want to take a cruise before I start working but nothing has been working out. Anyways, I hope I am able to remember a lot of the cruise details. Those who were there feel free to chime in.

Time to talk HURRICANE EARL...

As I mentioned the crew had been putting away a lot of the deck furniture. The winds had gotten bad while we were docked, but it was nothing compared to what we experienced when we started to pull away.

Some from the group had gone in to get dressed for a nice dinner in the specialty restaurants. Most of us stayed in Vibe and kept doing shots.

https://vimeo.com/194306645

My friends have better videos but I can't figure out how to share them. More videos to hopefully follow soon.

It's really hard to totally sum up that experience but it was definitely one of those memorable cruising moments you won't soon forget. It was honestly scary as hell a few times. Especially the one moment when the winds were eerily quiet.

The door to the Haven kept blowing open so I used that as an excuse to check the area out. I think there was also some handstand twerking in the rails near the hot tub.

At one point our boys in the Vibe made us HURRICANE shots that we all took in the hot tub... yes we all got in the hot tube at one point because why the hell not? My guess is Seamus started it and we all decided to jump in.

We all were quite a mess when we came back from the Vibe. I remember some very freaked out elevator mates when we were getting on and off. Here was how I looked when I got back to my room [emoji23]

cffba2b122ce6278b8f5d93da9c39aaf.jpg

Miraculously I was able to go from that to this in less than thirty minutes!

d64b622b45407bf48334824b075455cc.jpg

98b20b2d7408f621f8145fecec5f2d3e.jpg

Although I was ready in time my friends J and G were not (A had already decided to forgo the sit down dinner). We were supposed to go with a large group to a specialty restaurant but when I learned there were enough seats I quickly left the group. I met up with J and G and we decided to hit one of the regular dining rooms (either Taste or Savor).

0e77d614f738d187ff3b5aa1d52c8d5a.jpg

Since I hadn't eaten at any of the specialty restaurants (well to be honest I hadn't eaten much the entire trip) I decided to go for the Lobster upcharge. Both G and I were shocked to hear that J had never tried lobster. In fact it took us all dinner to convince him to try a tiny piece! He enjoyed it!

During dinner I left to go to the bathroom and stumbled upon a photographer who I made take tons of solo shots of myself. I forgot to go check them out. I'm sure that was probably for the best.

I'm not one to get bothered by children. I think babies cries are sort of cute (can you tell I haven't had children).

Anyways after dinner we went up to 5'oclock somewhere bar so karaoke. I did my usual songs "B$&@*" by Meredith Brooks and "You Outta Know" by Alanis

It was the usually sub par singing, and then this happened...

https://vimeo.com/194307826