NCL Escape- outdoor sheltered area

Steve007NY

Just about to make a last-minute decision to book on the scape departing 8/28. My partner has ultra sensitive skin that burns quite easily. Are there outdoor spaces we he can lay on a lounge chair but are glassed in sort of like the adult pool area is on celebrity? I apologize if this topic has already been covered. As I'll explain in my next post, we're doing fairly complicated crew set up and it's been difficult to do all the research before the cabins are sold out.

Thanks

This is deck 16, near the kids pool and outdoor buffet area;

12071249_1515169675470584_562632320_n.jpg

This area gets full quickly. Parents with kids usually lock these chairs up early as there is almost no seating near the kids splash zone. We never saw any of these chairs empty.

Although I haven't experienced it, Vibe has umbrellas and even a couple of cabanas you can rent either by the day or week. You must be on board early to have a shot at getting Vibe passes, there's only 70 or so available. Your second week you'll have a good shot since you'll already be at port.

This area gets full quickly. Parents with kids usually lock these chairs up early as there is almost no seating near the kids splash zone. We never saw any of these chairs empty.

Although I haven't experienced it, Vibe has umbrellas and even a couple of cabanas you can rent either by the day or week. You must be on board early to have a shot at getting Vibe passes, there's only 70 or so available. Your second week you'll have a good shot since you'll already be at port.

From what I have read, the Escape's VIBE does not have the Cabanas. Also the umbrella's are often down due to wind. I have seen pictures of couches on the Waterfront that may work.

No solarium or similar on Escape.

On of the options I can think of is:

Under the outer sides under/of the upper pool deck?

I agree, if you want to be near the main pool area there are plenty of lounge chairs along the glass outer sides. From the adult pool all the way down to the kids pool section. They may go fast nearer the kids section (as noted by Mike BTN) but I always saw some open loungers closer to the adults part.

If you want to get wet and cooled off without sun, The Grotto in SpiceH20 (adults only area, aft of deck 17) is great for that; it's covered and refreshing. The nearby entrance to SpiceH20 is covered with seating too (could dry off there without being in the sun).

Also love the waterfront area (on deck 8) for lounging (in comfy chairs / loveseats), quiet, and beautiful views. It is completely covered overhead but open on the sides. We had a balcony cabin but did use the waterfront area to relax (even fell asleep!) when our balcony was too sunny and hot. It was never crowded and I wondered why more people didn't use that area.

Thanks so much for all of the ideas! It really is hard being the ultimate sun lover (and taking my mom, who is like me) married to someone who turns lobster red after 10 minutes of exposure of his Celtic skin! These ideas sound great for the first week, and since were doing back to back, we ought to be able to get into vibe for the second week.

Getting ready to book today :-)

Edited by Steve007NY
Change wording