Steak house more than once?

khewston

We are going on the Conquest and I have reservations for the steak house on the first night. My husband and I ( mostly me) are foodies and would like to eat more than once at the steak house. Can you request a reservation for more than one night?

I am also wondering about the chef's table. My husband does not eat any fish so would he be able to get some thing different?

We are going on the Conquest and I have reservations for the steak house on the first night. My husband and I ( mostly me) are foodies and would like to eat more than once at the steak house. Can you request a reservation for more than one night?

I am also wondering about the chef's table. My husband does not eat any fish so would he be able to get some thing different?

Since you pay for the Steakhouse if you wanted to eat there every night they don't care. Personally, I can't see spending the extra money, as I find the food in the MDR more than adequate (actually we thoroughly enjoy it.)

Edited by Rh2458

Have you ever been to a cruise line steakhouse before? Why I say this, you identified yourself as a foodie. If so, I would assume you have been to a high end steakhouse. That said, cruise line steakhouses isn't the level of a Smith & Wallensky or a Peter Lugars. Think more along the lines of an Outback Steakhouse or a Texas Longhorns. Good streaks but not the quality of a high end steakhouse a "foodie" normally expects

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by First and Ten

I like the food in the MDR but it can't hold a candle to the food in the steakhouse. You can go whenever you want as long as it's not full and you booked early enough (only seems to fill up on special occasions or at the last minute anyway). I think twice is the right amount to go, for us. We like to go the first night and then either the last night or right before, to kind of bookend th trip. We love everything we've tried there, though admittedly, we get similar things every cruise, which is why going twice is nice, as we can try 2 of each category.

Have you ever been to a cruise line steakhouse before? Why I say this, you identified yourself as a foodie. If so, I would assume you have been to a high end steakhouse. That said, cruise line steakhouses isn't the level of a Smith & Wallensky or a Peter Lugars. Think more along the lines of an Outback Steakhouse or a Texas Longhorns. Good streaks but not the quality of a high end steakhouse a "foodie" normally expects

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I disagree with this. We found the steakhouse on the Breeze to be much better than our local Ruth Chris's. Well worth the extra charge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you reserve the Chef's Table online, you can list any food allergies, and I'm sure you can mention no fish, and they'll do their best to accommodate you I think.

Edit: I was pretty sure, but I just went and looked. There's a place on the form to "List any food allergies or special dietary needs".

Edited by bigman01

I do like a steak. But I would rather a perfectly prepared sirloin than a perfectly prepared filet. I don't like the texture of a fatty (even high quality) steak. I really do believe a great steak is very personal. Try it once and if you love it, eat there every night! Otherwise, it was a great night and stick with the main dining room 😊

We found the Steakhouse on the Dream and Magic very good. Probably as good or better than Morton's.

We made our reservations for CT with the Steakhouse. Again, we have done the CT twice and loved it. Both times we ate in the galley, which was fun.

I am not sure I would do the CT again if it wasn't in the galley. I would probably forego the CT for another night at the Steakhouse.

We had people at our CT who had ordered something different prior to dinner and also at dinner said there was something they didn't like. The staff went and got them something else within a few minutes.

When we did the Chef's Table the we received a call in our room confirming our reservation and they asked food allergies etc. I told them one in the party would not eat fish. When we were seated for dinner the Chef personally came and spoke with her. Then for the fish they brought her a beautiful chicken plate.

Of course you can.

I believe the original questions were (1) can you reserve the steakhouse more than once, and (2) can you get something other than fish at Chef's Table.

I don't know why we CARE what the OP's definition of being a foodie entails; however, the answer to the question I can actually ANSWER is yes. You can reserve the steakhouse more than once. I believe we have 3 nights reserved for our next cruise.

I'm not familiar with Chef's Table, but I'm sure someone above that wasn't arguing the merits of which steak was better probably answered that already. :)

I disagree with this. We found the steakhouse on the Breeze to be much better than our local Ruth Chris's. Well worth the extra charge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AGREED! I'd say I've had one of my best meals of my life at one of the steakhouses a several years ago. And I have eaten at many nice places in my life.

Since you pay for the Steakhouse if you wanted to eat there every night they don't care. Personally, I can't see spending the extra money, as I find the food in the MDR more than adequate (actually we thoroughly enjoy it.)

On a cruise a few years ago, there was a couple who ate in steakhouse every night. They also cruise several times a year & on different cruiselines.

He's a dentist & they moved to Florida a few years ago so they could cruise frequently.

Lucky them.

OP, we have done the steakhouse more than once on a cruise more than a few times and found it not repetitive. I have also done 5 CT's on Carnival ships. This is a set menu, and fairly eclectic food options. The CT last longer (never dd one in less than 2 1/2 hours - although I never timed it) and have always found it to be a very enjoyable evening, eating things I might not have otherwise tried but enjoyed with free flowing wine. I would recommend both.

Greetings. I dine everynight in the steakhouse now since I do not care for the MDR and the damned American Table menu, and lack of table cloths. Now the stekhouses are going sans tble cloths too, but you still get elevsted service, which has declined in the MDR. The last time I was there, I was the last one served my entree....everyone else was finished and dinner over before mine came out. I did not ask for anything special. I always do the Chef;s Table as well. They will ask if any for allergies or dislikes and accomodate accordingly. I have seen special items prepared for guests there. Very nice. Go and enjoy.