Hub app- what all does it do?

MaiTaiMary

Carnival's website gives a pretty good overview. It's right there under the FAQ "Carnival's Wi-Fi Service and Hub App."

We're all "experts" here, but you really can find out a lot of info on Carnival's website (despite the gripes you read here about their booking engine).

I had it on my past two cruises (Sunshine & Vista) and enjoyed it but still carried my FunTimes with me as the Hub doesn't include everything.

Another cool thing from Hub, is you can add events into the calendar on your phone. So lets say there's a trivia show you want to watch, when you click on it you can add it onto your calendar (at least I could on my iPhone), I could view my Sail'n'nSign account, there was dining info and there was an option to view photos from Pixels (didn't work when I tried though). You can also send photos you take to the ship directly, and they put the pics on the large screen, which is neat! I think Hub is a fantastic idea and hopefully more people will utilize its chat feature (additional $5) and there will be less walkie talkies on the ship as they get a little annoying and can be noisy.

Happy travels :)

Another cool thing from Hub, is you can add events into the calendar on your phone. So lets say there's a trivia show you want to watch, when you click on it you can add it onto your calendar (at least I could on my iPhone)

Do you get the entire week schedule on the first day, or day by day?

Thanks! :D

Nothing but a countdown to your cruise. It's only on a few ships right now. Supposed to be rolled out with features, but don't hold your breath.

It's only a countdown to your cruise before you're on the ship. Once you're there, you can do all kinds of things. Here are a few screen shots from when I was on the Glory.

d952c978eb7000b5e16a00b880e7e9ee.jpg

3ebf425bb554ac243170082b374792cc.jpg

cd126210af3b952a1bab4fab14779e95.jpg

Edited by firemanbobswife

Do you get the entire week schedule on the first day, or day by day?

Thanks! :D

Once I boarded I was able to get a rundown of all the days of the sailing. Port info, what times to get back, things to do on board, Fun Times for every day so I was able to pre-plan.

Found it very useful, only negative I had was that the pixels photo part wasn't working, also it would have been cool to see it in advance of boarding the ship ........ Cruise Critic has certainly come in handy for that as people have uploaded pics of them on here ;)

Happy Sailing :):)

This will be the future and the beginning of the end of paper on the ship

Traditionalist won't like it much, but the next generation of cruisers will find it essential.

I think they compliment each other. I wouldn't be happy if the paper ones go away. I like to be able to glance over quickly what's going on and see if something catches my eye. I also like the paper ones to take home and look them over. It brings back memories and helps when people have questions. The electronic ones are gone forever.

It's like brochures. I despise having to look at deck plans all the time on the computer. It's much easier to flip open the needed pages in the book and see it all quickly. I hate that I have to go into a TAs office and lie to them saying I'm just gathering info for friends who haven't been on a cruise before just to score some brochures. If Carnival offered to mail me one for $5 I would gladly pay it.

It's only a countdown to your cruise before you're on the ship. Once you're there, you can do all kinds of things. Here are a few screen shots from when I was on the Glory.

Only on supported ships. None of the ships I'm going on have it yet. They've been saying "coming soon" since the app was launched. I'm not holding my breath. :(

This will be the future and the beginning of the end of paper on the ship

Traditionalist won't like it much, but the next generation of cruisers will find it essential.

I think you're absolutely right! I really like the fun times paper copy as a souvenir :)

I do think that it may be difficult for some travellers though, if they're using their cell phone (app) on the holiday and in the past made a point to not touch their phones on holiday, it may be harder to resist checking work emails etc. May entice more folks to get the Internet packages ..... I wonder if it will cause internet package sales to spike, since it'll increase cell phone use? just curious ....

I do think that it may be difficult for some travellers though, if they're using their cell phone (app) on the holiday and in the past made a point to not touch their phones on holiday, it may be harder to resist checking work emails etc. May entice more folks to get the Internet packages ..... I wonder if it will cause internet package sales to spike, since it'll increase cell phone use? just curious ....

You have to get purchase the Internet package to have access to this? Ok, I guess I didn't realize that. :(

I thought it was just $5, if you wanted the chat feature. And the rest was free. No?

Only on supported ships. None of the ships I'm going on have it yet. They've been saying "coming soon" since the app was launched. I'm not holding my breath. :(

According to JH, the Magic should have it in October. Let's see if it happens. I hope so! We are on the Magic in December.

Edited by sweetsixteencruisers

I think they compliment each other. I wouldn't be happy if the paper ones go away. I like to be able to glance over quickly what's going on and see if something catches my eye. I also like the paper ones to take home and look them over. It brings back memories and helps when people have questions. The electronic ones are gone forever.

It's like brochures. I despise having to look at deck plans all the time on the computer. It's much easier to flip open the needed pages in the book and see it all quickly. I hate that I have to go into a TAs office and lie to them saying I'm just gathering info for friends who haven't been on a cruise before just to score some brochures. If Carnival offered to mail me one for $5 I would gladly pay it.

Please don't say that about paper ones. I don't own a smartphone.