Live from Anthem - 8/20/16 - Bermuda

Quantum Class continues to impress, Anthem is beautiful. From the sparkling geode mural mid-ship to the multi-colored works brightening the walls. This ship jump starts your day with an array of whimsy, comfort and modern appeal.

We arrived at the the pier by 10:15, a chorus of curbside check-in clerks nearby helped us early birds with our paperwork. WE breezed through security in a flash and found some seats to wait.

Note - Spa Junior Suite and Above - Seating Area. Make sure you ask one of the pier - side reps where the suite waiting area is, they do not direct you there automatically. At the opposite end of security

A rank of leather arm chairs beckon. Here too is a special access door that leads to the gangway.

To Oz

We couldn't help but feel like Dorothy and Scarecrow as we sauntered up the rainbow hued hallway towards the ship at 11:30 am.

Michael's Pub Lunch plans were dashed when we learned that service didn't start till 1 pm. However, trays bestowing bright blue and orange cordials kept our moods buoyant as we floated off to Cafe Promenade instead.

Those little blue drinks are called Ocean Rita's, Margherita's with a splash of Curaco, boy are they good.

A couple of ham and brie sandwiches and a tasty square of cheese cake fortified us for our exploration of the ship. Anthem mirrors Quantum in her layout with alternate playful artwork adorning the walls.

270 Lounge is a blockbuster.

This grand audiovisual arena pushes the high tech envelope. Pulling away from the pier and watching Cape Liberty shrink behind us through that massive wall of windows is simply breathtaking.

We cruised passed a leviathan container ship or two, the shores of Coney Island while powerboats zipped nearby. Off in the distance the NCL Gem cut her course for the Bahamas.

Our Muster Drill accomplished at American Icon, we met with some fellow Cruise Critic roll callers for sail away cocktails. While most high tail it to the top to watch Anthem slip her superstructure under the Verrazano Narrows, we opted for 270 Lounge. Captain Henrik informed us we would take it slow as we cruise east, but, our ship is clipping along right now.

The seas are calm, just a vast swath of inky blue stretched out before us. A convoy of popcorn puff clouds dot the furthest reaches of the horizon while a brilliant orange sun sends us on our way like an old friend.

Spa Junior Suite is a relaxing oasis, spacious, comfortable - home. Dynamic Classic has us at the Grand tonight. I believe another of those Ocean Rita's is in our immediate future as we set out for a wonderful evening on board Anthem of the Seas.

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking

Quantum Class continues to impress, Anthem is beautiful. From the sparkling geode mural mid-ship to the multi-colored works brightening the walls. This ship jump starts your day with an array of whimsy, comfort and modern appeal.

We arrived at the the pier by 10:15, a chorus of curbside check-in clerks nearby helped us early birds with our paperwork. WE breezed through security in a flash and found some seats to wait.

Note - Spa Junior Suite and Above - Seating Area. Make sure you ask one of the pier - side reps where the suite waiting area is, they do not direct you there automatically. At the opposite end of security

A rank of leather arm chairs beckon. Here too is a special access door that leads to the gangway.

To Oz

We couldn't help but feel like Dorothy and Scarecrow as we sauntered up the rainbow hued hallway towards the ship at 11:30 am.

Michael's Pub Lunch plans were dashed when we learned that service didn't start till 1 pm. However, trays bestowing bright blue and orange cordials kept our moods buoyant as we floated off to Cafe Promenade instead.

Those little blue drinks are called Ocean Rita's, Margherita's with a splash of Curaco, boy are they good.

A couple of ham and brie sandwiches and a tasty square of cheese cake fortified us for our exploration of the ship. Anthem mirrors Quantum in her layout with alternate playful artwork adorning the walls.

270 Lounge is a blockbuster.

This grand audiovisual arena pushes the high tech envelope. Pulling away from the pier and watching Cape Liberty shrink behind us through that massive wall of windows is simply breathtaking.

We cruised passed a leviathan container ship or two, the shores of Coney Island while powerboats zipped nearby. Off in the distance the NCL Gem cut her course for the Bahamas.

Our Muster Drill accomplished at American Icon, we met with some fellow Cruise Critic roll callers for sail away cocktails. While most high tail it to the top to watch Anthem slip her superstructure under the Verrazano Narrows, we opted for 270 Lounge. Captain Henrik informed us we would take it slow as we cruise east, but, our ship is clipping along right now.

The seas are calm, just a vast swath of inky blue stretched out before us. A convoy of popcorn puff clouds dot the furthest reaches of the horizon while a brilliant orange sun sends us on our way like an old friend.

Spa Junior Suite is a relaxing oasis, spacious, comfortable - home. Dynamic Classic has us at the Grand tonight. I believe another of those Ocean Rita's is in our immediate future as we set out for a wonderful evening on board Anthem of the Seas.

Jonathan

Awesome, smooth sail! Love, love, your description of the brilliant orange sun sending you on your way like an old friend. :)

Edited by evelyn51

Thanks for the review, we would love pictures of your spa jr suite as we will be in one in November for the first time. Would love to see the balcony setup as well. What room number are you in?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the review, we would love pictures of your spa jr suite as we will be in one in November for the first time. Would love to see the balcony setup as well. What room number are you in?

Thanks in advance

Here you go.

Jonathan

FB_IMG_1471748585144.jpg

Does the chair by the window fold down into a bed? If so... Do you think a 9 yr old could sleep comfortably there?

Have fun cruis'in...

Thanks. The sofa does not convert to a bed, Evelyn51.

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

They don’t call it the Grand for nothing. Dinner last night was superb. Arriving ten minutes early, we were promptly seated and for the next hour experienced excellent service from our waiter Amine and his able assistant Gerald.

The escargot appetizer was succulent, zesty and delicious. My wife Elene cooed over Vidalia Onion Tartlet. High marks for the velvety vichysoise soup which we both found was savory and memorable.

The headliner here is the lobster and it was outstanding. A pair of tails drizzled in tangy butter, silky smooth. If you’re a seafood lover get yourself to the Grand. Elene’s Surf & Turf was also a big hit, with a flavorful mignon that sliced like butter.

For a curtain call the Molten Chocolate Cake brought the house down. This sweet flaky decadent dessert with it’s lava flow of rich chocolate sauce punctuated the meal with an exclamation mark.

Formal attire was well represented on this first night with almost all the gents sporting blazers, many others with ties. The ladies were all lovely in their dresses and finery. The word is you can skip formality on night one, but, the Grand pulled out all the stops and so to did the loyal patrons.

At 10:30 pm I caught the Journey cover band, Resurrection at the 270 Lounge. What an absolutely incredible venue. A chameleon that morphs from lounge to concert hall. The six synchronized screens like robotic Radio City Rockettes amp up the excitement as they effortlessly glide into place. Tennessee band rocked the house for 90 minutes with one hit after another. The lead vocalist was pitch-perfect on his Steve Perry.

“Don’t Stop Believin’” brought the crowd to it’s feet as pin point purple Lazer lights danced and space age scenery slid across the backdrop. It was a Journey worth taking.

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking

Good Evening All,

Just a mere 12 hours from now we'll be strolling up the gangway at Cape Liberty to board the mighty Anthem of the Seas.

We sailed Quantum two years ago and fell in love with her, looking forward to spending some quality time with her younger sister. I will be reporting on the excitement on board, from Dynamic Classic Dining to the Behind the Scenes tour. Planning to post frequently and include some pictures too.

Hoping to get a spot on the ultra-top secret Puzzle Room and take bounce on the bumper cars.

If you have any questions I will do my best to answer them for you. See you from the high seas.

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan

Could you find out how long you're allowed to stay onboard with the " Stay awhile" option? We are on Anthem for the Canada/NE cruise Oct 6th. RCCL have only said it's determined by the cruise staff and from $33.09 each. Trying to decide whether to do the above option or get a day room at EWR before our evening flight.

Thanks

Is there a charge for I-fly? What extra activities do you have to pay to do? Is there a dive show on this ship? Do you need to reserve a seat for any of the shows? Considering a cruise in Oct

Some of the shows have pre-cruise reservations, so it's a good idea to book those in advance if possible.

Is there a charge for I-fly? What extra activities do you have to pay to do? Is there a dive show on this ship? Do you need to reserve a seat for any of the shows? Considering a cruise in Oct

I fly you pay per minute. No dive show.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Indoor Pool - 8/20 Deck 14

20160820_121654.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

We were on the Solstice during her first runs. We loved this style of pool! We were sailing as a couple then. Now, we'd like to take our 9 yrs old grandson on the Anthem but, I'm unfamiliar with which pool is adult only? May he swim in this one? :)

Edited by evelyn51

We were on the Solstice during her first runs. We loved this style of pool! We were sailing as a couple then. Now, we'd like to take our 9 yrs old grandson on the Anthem but, I'm unfamiliar with which pool is adult only? May he swim in this one? :)

Yes he can. The adult pool is in the solarium.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums