Bringing Food On-Board At Cruise Start

FloridaAdGuy

I'm surprising my girlfriend with a short cruise on the Carnival Victory to celebrate her birthday. Typically, I would order a cake but she and I are both vegan and I'm pretty sure Carnival doesn't offer that.

In the past, we've brought on vegan cheese to add to pizza and vegan butter. I'm wondering if there are any restrictions in bringing on vegan cupcakes or a small vegan cake.

I once brought some specialty decorated cupcakes on the cruise in a Tupperware container...mthey X-rayed them but no issues. They did tell me that they cannot be brought off the ship, but no issues there, we would eat them!

It is a violation of USPH sanitation requirements to bring non-factory sealed or homemade food onboard, but enforcement varies. If you buy from a bakery, have them in a box with the bakeries label on it, and you will be better off.

Call Carnival's special needs department to see if they can provide a vegan cake.

It is a violation of USPH sanitation requirements to bring non-factory sealed or homemade food onboard, but enforcement varies. If you buy from a bakery, have them in a box with the bakeries label on it, and you will be better off.

Call Carnival's special needs department to see if they can provide a vegan cake.

as with everything else on carnival. :D

Thanks...I will contact Carnival to see if it's possible. :)

I'm surprising my girlfriend with a short cruise on the Carnival Victory to celebrate her birthday. Typically, I would order a cake but she and I are both vegan and I'm pretty sure Carnival doesn't offer that.

In the past, we've brought on vegan cheese to add to pizza and vegan butter. I'm wondering if there are any restrictions in bringing on vegan cupcakes or a small vegan cake.

vegan cheeses and butter? What in the world is it made from?

vegan cheeses and butter? What in the world is it made from?

Vegan cheese is made from "non-animal" milk such as soy milk, almond milk, cashew milk, and so on. Vegan butter doesn't contain animal products and typically made from oil blends from olive oil, flaxseeds or soybeans. No cholesterol and spreads/melts just like 'regular' butter.

This might sound like it's from the "dark side", but who knows "what" is in the homemade goodies?

This might sound like it's from the "dark side", but who knows "what" is in the homemade goodies?

We once had a drug dog greet us as we boarded a Princess cruise out of Los Angeles. Most have been for all those using their special creams.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Vegan cheese is made from "non-animal" milk such as soy milk, almond milk, cashew milk, and so on. Vegan butter doesn't contain animal products and typically made from oil blends from olive oil, flaxseeds or soybeans. No cholesterol and spreads/melts just like 'regular' butter.

In other words, it's not butter, just a concoction of stuff that looks like butter. Like almond/cashew/soy "milk". False advertising...

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

In other words, it's not butter, just a concoction of stuff that looks like butter. Like almond/cashew/soy "milk". False advertising...

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

LOL...I think that's the position of the dairy industry but they lost that fight. Actually, consumption of cow's milk has been on the decline for some time. Carnival does offer non-dairy milk on board but does not carry non-dairy butters or cheeses. It's not an issue for passengers that - either due to dietary restrictions or ethical/moral reasons - decide not to consume animal products as they can bring on sealed product in a soft-sided cooler.

Thanks all for the guidance on the cake...I'll contact Carnival to see what they suggest. :)

LOL...I think that's the position of the dairy industry but they lost that fight.

Well then, I guess we can start labeling margarine as butter. Kinda looks like butter, kinda tastes like butter, so let's just go ahead and change the definition of butter....

Interesting, thanks. Not something I'd probably do but I glad those options are available for those who choose to. I can see how most cruises could be a challenge to vegans.

Good luck with getting the cake on board.

Well then, I guess we can start labeling margarine as butter. Kinda looks like butter, kinda tastes like butter, so let's just go ahead and change the definition of butter....

Hahaha[emoji23]

To the OP I truly hope carnival helps you out, my sis is Vegan and it's a pain every time the family goes to dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums