Okay, so what's the best thing you've eaten on a Carnival cruise... and the worst?

jeepers13

The worst has been, only in the last 2 cruises, the Mongolian Wok. Evidently to speed the lines up they have started precooking some of the veggies. Absolutely horrid now. IMHO. The best has been the braised short ribs in the MDR and Guys BBQ. Just wish Guys BBQ was open more days.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I like many of the pasta dishes but do agree that the penne mariscos is gross.

The lasagna is great, both regular and vegetarian. The cheddar yam vegetarian pie (don't remember the exact name) is another one of my favorites.

I don't like a majority of the desserts on the ship. I like more salty food than sweet as I get older.

Tom Gai soup in the lido. I had this on the last cruise on Miracle and it was delicious. I had two bowls but sadly it was only offered on the first day.

The next thing that comes to mind is the braised lamb shank in the MDR. It was as good as what I've had on Seabourn. They made it gluten free for me and I actually think that made it better.

Finally: Just about anything in the steakhouses. I do think it's time to change the menu in the steakhouse. New cruisers will still enjoy it but I've almost been through the entire menu and would like to try something different. However, I'm still happy even if they don't change it.

Take care,

Mike

Probably best would be warm chocolate melting cake, or the cold peach soup but most everything has been excellent. Worst, easily Bitter n Blanc. People have assured me I just had a bad batch and I should order two vanilla sauce so I may give it a try again, BUT order a WCMC as backup.

Best:

• Indian Vegetarian Entrée
  • cold fruit soups
  • gazpacho
  • steakhouse filet
  • steakhouse lamb chops
  • steakhouse onion soup
  • cream of mushroom soup "amuse buche" served in the steakhouse
  • build-your-own omelet
  • steakhouse rosemary focaccia bread
  • the "new" pizza

Worst:

• MDR prime rib (it's been tough every time)
  • MDR flat iron steak (again, tough and gristly, and tasted like the oldest, cheapest Walmart steak you can buy)
  • every single thing from Mongolian Wok (tasted like nasty high-school Asian food, every single time I've gotten it, blech)
  • avocado cream soup
  • many of the entrée items served in the buffet at dinner and lunch

i wish I had more specific bests , but....we got hell from our waiter last time because I always ordered the flat iron steak, 2x shrimp cocktail, and then whatever else looked good....It was always cooked so nice, green crispy broccoli, and that butter soaked whole clove of garlic that came with it...so good....The garlic was to keep all the pretty girls away from me, including my wife lol....

I agree with most on the desserts, they're never quite right. especially the ones at the buffet....

other favorites: guy's, sushi, late night room service, free drink events and numerous more i can't even remember. Sadly our next cruise is probably a couple years out.

I am thinking back and I hate to say it, but the fresh hot Chicken tenders on the lido for the favorite. Being a chef back in the 1800s, that was spot on. I loved them. :)

Not so much-Frog legs UGGGGGGGGGG! tasted like soggy rubbery mess. :mad:

Boy, you are old!!

Best for me: sweet and sour chicken, grilled chicken breast over fettuccine with mushroom sauce, steak and eggs in MDR brunch, and warm melted chocolate cake

Worst would be: baked stuffed mushrooms, crab cake, grand mariner souffle'

and I agree that alot of the Lido deserts look delicious but are pretty tasteless.

I felt really bad about this but I got some things on my plate from the dessert buffet and thought I'd really love it (I'm not picky) and the taste of it was terrible. It was either a chocolate type of cake or cheesecake. I find their desserts look beautiful but often tastes terrible or low quality. I don't need high quality, give me Hershey's but that was way below that.

I really love the egg plant options on the buffet. Yum

I like lots of items but the very best is the Caramelized Pork Belly from JiJi's Asian Kitchen. Awesome!

The worst, really I have never had anything that was truly bad just some so-so items.

I plan to try the pork belly in October. Sounds yummy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd read over and over about the desserts being tasteless and one trip decided to test it. I'm not normally a dessert eater and hadn't tasted most of them. It proved to be true. They look great but don't have any flavor except for the key lime pie. I do like creme brulee.

All time favorites:

Brunch fire roasted tomato soup and bacon mac and cheese

Escargot

The Indian Vegetarian meal

grand marnier souffle

Only thing I would positively never order again:

"lite" pumpkin pie. seriously the worst food ever. like pumpkin jello.