Okay, so what's the best thing you've eaten on a Carnival cruise... and the worst?

jeepers13

Just got off the Miracle and had a wonderful cruise. Well, except for that driving around a hurricane part. :)

Main Dining Room:

-Loved the mushroom fusilli. It was better than what I could make at home.

-Surprisingly, the quinoa-filled tomato was really good.

-The lobster was yummy, but I'm guessing those tails were 2-3 ounces?

-The baked onion soup also surprised me by how delicious it was. This is usually not good when made for the masses.

The only thing I did not like was the pumpkin cheese pie. Not a good flavor.

Brunch:

-The smokey tomato soup was delicious.

-Chicken huevos rancheros was so good, like really good.

-The filet & eggs knocked it out if the park. Steak so tasty and tender with crisp potato slices, sautéed spinach and grilled onions. This is a must order.

In both places, the Caesar salad really sucked, no flavor and no acid.

We ordered an up-charge steak in the Valor's MDR and it was out of this world delicious. Spring rolls ... caesar salad ..

I love the turkey sandwiches from the deli ... my husband will eat several smoked salmon bagels each day.

There was something from the dinner buffet I got once that was awful, but I can't even remember what it was ...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Funny story....on the Conquest buffet a few years ago the hot line transitioned in the middle from entrees to dessert. Just after the (seemingly) last entree was a filled 4" square of puff pastry. It was humorous how many of us thought this puff was going to be sweet. Candid Camera couldn't have done a better set up. Have no idea if it was 'good' or 'lousy' because it was a shocker to get a mouthful of fish. Went back and there was no label.

Edited by SadieN

Best: WCMC. (I did get one that was burnt and dry, but usually they're scrumptious.)

Worst: Coffee. (So I pay extra to get it fresh-brewed from the cafe instead.)

Oh, and I ordered the Indian entree on the Fantasy one night and it was horrid. Maybe the chef was having an off night, because I love most Indian foods. Actually went to bed hungry that night, which is probably illegal on a cruise ship, but which felt so novel I decided not to get room service. :)

Caro

I forget what it's called but the stuffed mushrooms on the first elegant night are amazing. Also they put some kind of addictive drug in the Caesar salad.

Lol! I agree on the addictive drug part! I have to have that cesar salad every night!

The best I've had, IMO, is the creme brulee. I salivate thinking about it.

The worst? I can't really think of a worst. I've really liked everything I've had on Carnival. Some has been better than others but nothing made me shudder to think about it.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

My favorites are mostly appetizers. I LOVE carnival's hot soups. Asparagus, mushroom, pumpkin, and broccoli are the best. Love the escargot on formal night...stuffed mushrooms...crab cake...calamari...shrimp cocktail. Now I'm starving :P

I honestly don't care for any of the main dishes. I know I'm in the minority, but I typically have 2-3 appetizers every night and skip the entree. Lobster being the exception. If I had to pinpoint one dish that was absolutely horrible it would be the penne maricos...yack!

First time I had lobster and escargots was on a cruise. I loved both of them.

I tried the frog legs on my last cruise and wasn't impressed. I think I'd rather them fried.

They changed the way they used to do the frog legs. They used to be really good.

My least favorite is the pasta with the left over seafood (especially the lobster).

I have so many favorites. One that they do not have anymore is the beef wellington. I love the escargot, stuffed mushrooms and chocolate melting cake.

Just got off the Miracle and had a wonderful cruise. Well, except for that driving around a hurricane part. :)

Main Dining Room:

-Loved the mushroom fusilli. It was better than what I could make at home.

-Surprisingly, the quinoa-filled tomato was really good.

-The lobster was yummy, but I'm guessing those tails were 2-3 ounces?

-The baked onion soup also surprised me by how delicious it was. This is usually not good when made for the masses.

The only thing I did not like was the pumpkin cheese pie. Not a good flavor.

Brunch:

-The smokey tomato soup was delicious.

-Chicken huevos rancheros was so good, like really good.

-The filet & eggs knocked it out if the park. Steak so tasty and tender with crisp potato slices, sautéed spinach and grilled onions. This is a must order.

In both places, the Caesar salad really sucked, no flavor and no acid.

My daughter ordered the stuffed tomato one night and I got the lasagna so we could share. That was the best darned tomato I have ever had...can't wait to have it in two weeks.

Best: Bitter Blanc

Worst: Back in 2005, I was excited to sample the many offerings of the Chocolate Extravaganza (or whatever they called in back then) on the Ecstasy. I picked up some chocolate sushi thinking that there was no way there could be nori in there. Um, yes. Yes it was. One of the worst things I have ever put in my mouth.

I am just back from Splendor and first time with American Table menu. I have some new favorites or best things; MDR, cornmeal crusted chicken, dessert Nutella tiramsu and smores parfait. Lido; loved the rotisserie chicken, and the tandoor of course:) Banana bread on the continental breakfast buffet.

I am just back from Splendor and first time with American Table menu. I have some new favorites or best things; MDR, cornmeal crusted chicken, dessert Nutella tiramsu and smores parfait. Lido; loved the rotisserie chicken, and the tandoor of course:) Banana bread on the continental breakfast buffet.[/quote

LOVE the banana bread, but doesn't really taste like banana....reminds me of the date nut bread my mom used to serve us. Put some cream cheese on top! The poppy seed muffins are good too and every few days they have sweet/sticky buns. YUM! They make my teeth hurt, but SO worth it! :p

I havn't read all of this post, but, I think carnival does a great job with their pastas!:) all of them!!:)

Just got off the Sensation! It was one of the best culinary experiences we've had with CCL. The fettuccini chichen in mushroom sauce as a starter was delightful. DH said his fried chicken was the best he'd ever had. It was our third cruise with Chef Suresh Babu and he prepared us a fabulous Indian meal which we asked for a day ahead as a "surprise us". Not so good: the mushroom in tomato sauce and the scallops as appetizers. Tiramisu is still wonderful.

Just got off the Sensation! It was one of the best culinary experiences we've had with CCL. The fettuccini chichen in mushroom sauce as a starter was delightful. DH said his fried chicken was the best he'd ever had. It was our third cruise with Chef Suresh Babu and he prepared us a fabulous Indian meal which we asked for a day ahead as a "surprise us". Not so good: the mushroom in tomato sauce and the scallops as appetizers. Tiramisu is still wonderful.

Glad to hear we are going in 3 weeks and was afraid since it is an older ship the food would not be so good.

I have to say my worst was the frogs legs. They didn't taste bad, just were served cold and so greasy that any flavor they had was lost.

I am fussy eater and love many things, almost anything from Tandoor, never had a bad meal at steakhouse or chef's table. Surprise like was the bacon/mac & cheese.

Glad to hear we are going in 3 weeks and was afraid since it is an older ship the food would not be so good.

Do you have your time dining? We did and loved our head waitress. She made sure our food was very hot.

I have to say my worst was the frogs legs. They didn't taste bad, just were served cold and so greasy that any flavor they had was lost.

I am fussy eater and love many things, almost anything from Tandoor, never had a bad meal at steakhouse or chef's table. Surprise like was the bacon/mac & cheese.

I ordered the Steakhouse Selection 9oz tenderloin most nights. Great!

Do you have your time dining? We did and loved our head waitress. She made sure our food was very hot.

I ordered the Steakhouse Selection 9oz tenderloin most nights. Great!

Yes we do always get that so convenient

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Best: Steak at David's Steakhouse on the Pride- sorry I don't remember which cut it was. Spiced and cooked to perfection.

Worst: Chesapeake Crab Cake on the Pride- especially cruising out of Baltimore- Crab Cake Capitol of The World! No true Marylander would put onions and peppers in a crab cake. I've had better crab cakes from tbe Royal Frms gas stations.