Cruise Director

Big Foot

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a way to find out who our CD is going to be?

We're sailing on Britannia on 3rd September & on Azura on 21st October.

It looks like P&O have removed the "Senior Offiers" list from their website:confused:

Thank you.

Joan

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a way to find out who our CD is going to be?

We're sailing on Britannia on 3rd September & on Azura on 21st October.

It looks like P&O have removed the "Senior Offiers" list from their website:confused:

Thank you.

Joan

From other threads on a similar subject it seems that these lists have been removed as they were considered to be a security risk. The best you can hope for is 2nd or 3rd hand info from passengers who got told that so and so is on this ship for the next x number of cruises.

BTW there hasn't been a cruise director on a P & O for many years, they have been renamed to the more correct title of entertainment managers. They are managing the entertainment, not the cruise holiday. The previous title was always confusing.

From other threads on a similar subject it seems that these lists have been removed as they were considered to be a security risk. The best you can hope for is 2nd or 3rd hand info from passengers who got told that so and so is on this ship for the next x number of cruises.

BTW there hasn't been a cruise director on a P & O for many years, they have been renamed to the more correct title of entertainment managers. They are managing the entertainment, not the cruise holiday. The previous title was always confusing.

Um didn't think of it from that point of view.

It's sad that P&O (& no doubt other companies) have to think like that these days, but I guess it's a sign of the times we live in.

Yes I know they are now called 'Entertainment Managers' but they were 'Cruise Directors' when I started cruising & the title has stuck with me :)

Joan

Um didn't think of it from that point of view.

It's sad that P&O (& no doubt other companies) have to think like that these days, but I guess it's a sign of the times we live in.

Yes I know they are now called 'Entertainment Managers' but they were 'Cruise Directors' when I started cruising & the title has stuck with me :)

Joan

I don't believe it is about security at all, it's more about them not knowing who's going where and when because they keep moving SO's around such a lot to fill gaps and needs. They also had a lot of complaints/moans from passengers, oh!! I mean guests! that the list was out of date.

I'm with you Joan as an 'old' cruiser, Cruise Director and Purser are the names which stick with me. They will be changing the name of the Captain soon to Driver. Lol

Bal

I don't care what P&O call them they are the Cruise Director.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The entertainment manager on my last cruise told me they were glad the name changed as they now get a lot less hassle from moaning passengers.

ps - 'moaning' comes in waves. A member of the entertainment team told me a passenger complained that formal dress was nor enforced in the theatre. company policy was explained. Then an increasing wave of complaints about the same subject occurred over the next few days.

Maybe they should tell them to cruise with Cunard :D