Bummed I have to cancel today.

But at least he didn't have to learn an even worse truth:

3. Very unhappy wife= divorce= Even smaller bank account!

Oh please I'm a wife and I'm so tired of the whole happy wife = happy life non sense like one persons happiness is so much more important than the other persons. No it's not. That is why so many wives act like spoiled brat princesses (not that there just as many spoiled needy men out there, just saying lol). If anyone would divorce you because you took a prepaid, pre planned trip when THEY changed the plans last minute for a non emergency then good riddance.

Now back to the main topic of the thread. Maybe the fact OP hasn't checked in is good news and the baby is on it's way so he's at the hospital with the wife and not able to check in?

OK so my nephew's soon to be bride posted a funny joke to him...I will try to summarize.

He lost his real dad at 5 and his mom and my dad and my brother-in-law helped him alot with cowboy and hunting things...he is one of best hunters in family..especially bow hunting and he and his sweetie like game and even hunting together sometimes...and both fish.

To whom it may concern...

I have a complete white tail hunting trip payed for

at $4900.00 (WHEREVER).

I forgot everything and scheduled it at same

time as my wedding.

It is a beautiful little church,

ADDRESS and DATE is (so and so) and wedding is at

1:00 pm.

She is a real fine woman.

(he he)

Still looking forward to news...

Gift of the Magi

https://www.teachervision.com/short-stories/resource/3427.html

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes, I love that story. I remember seeing it at a play or something as a kid. I don't remember when or where, but I remember the story. Very powerful.

Love it too...always stayed with me from childhood....thanks all....for getting it.

Oh please I'm a wife and I'm so tired of the whole happy wife = happy life non sense like one persons happiness is so much more important than the other persons. No it's not. That is why so many wives act like spoiled brat princesses (not that there just as many spoiled needy men out there, just saying lol). If anyone would divorce you because you took a prepaid, pre planned trip when THEY changed the plans last minute for a non emergency then good riddance.

Now back to the main topic of the thread. Maybe the fact OP hasn't checked in is good news and the baby is on it's way so he's at the hospital with the wife and not able to check in?

Well said!!!

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Edited by cruzin Phillis

Heck, some women's husbands don't even make it to the delivery. Not understanding why you cancelled. You knew the baby was due around this time so why did you plan a cruise? Babies are not predictable. Also not cool that you have to ditch your friends at short notice.

These questions have been already answered. As for the impact of ditching friends, I bet they are having a great time on board.

Thanks for this. Agree wholeheartedly.

This cost the family money. And, clearly is the source of ill will. I hope the baby arrives soon. The longer this takes, the worse the "cruise cancellation" debacle is going to feel.

Thanks for this. Agree wholeheartedly.

This cost the family money. And, clearly is the source of ill will. I hope the baby arrives soon. The longer this takes, the worse the "cruise cancellation" debacle is going to feel.

Hopefully there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I think his cruise ends tomorrow so that baby better show quickly.

Why didnt she just keep contact via email or internet... anyway, it is a lesson learned for everyone

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Edited by cruzin Phillis

I keep coming back here to see if there's a baby.

OP, you sound like a really great guy. A keeper. And I think it's hysterical that your wife is bringing you coffee in bed now... You're made for each other.

I'm really sorry you missed your cruise.

Certainly it's a disappointment to miss the cruise but I get the impression that the amount of money lost was not something that was life changing for this family and in the end their relationship with each other and their family is much more important than any single cruise. If someone is putting all their happiness eggs in the basket of that cruise then they are destined for disappointment anyway. I've been on 34 cruises and Not only was not a single one of them worth more then the happiness of any member of my family the entire 34 cruises we're not worth more then the happiness of any member of my family. Indeed if a cruise is worth more to you then the happiness of the person who is devoting their life to you then you probably married the wrong person. It sounds like this guy and his wife have their priorities straight and that their family is their priority not a cruise. So whether this baby is born before or after the end of the planned cruise I have no doubt their family will go happily on. And there really will be lots of other times to cruise in the future!

Edited by Jana60

Nothing yet in way of the baby.

Even better, we are scheduled to fly from Texas to California for a wedding this next week. I told my wife I am going with or without her. Hahaha

She didn't argue.

GRRRR ... I would be so frustrated!!! You're a good man OP! Like I said in an earlier post, my son and his GF are due when I'm on my November cruise, booked before she got pregnant, and I have ZERO intention of cancelling. In my opinion (and experience), most new parents need some time alone before they even want visitors.

GRRRR ... I would be so frustrated!!! You're a good man OP! Like I said in an earlier post, my son and his GF are due when I'm on my November cruise, booked before she got pregnant, and I have ZERO intention of cancelling. In my opinion (and experience), most new parents need some time alone before they even want visitors.

I am frustrated, but frustration won't put a towel animal on my bed!

Updated news is I did file a claim on insurance for the trip cancellation. Got a response today that they need the date of pregnancy. I will try to argue that the due date changed, but I probably will not be successful. Worth a shot though