Bummed I have to cancel today.

Wife's sis was supposed to deliver her kid last week. Didn't happen, and now we have to cancel our departure that was leaving today. Hope my insurance covers this.

What am I missing? OP's SIL is having a baby and his wife won't go on vacation. Op os between a rock and a hard place but the new mom and baby could do just fine until you got back. Hope all turned out well.

Asking that is like asking what happens at the end of a novel. Read through the thread. Its quite entertaining. ;)

i have been following. last input from the op was he was heading to cali and she was heading to waco because of another 911 call. that was a few days ago.

actually, if you have been reading the thread you would see i have posted here several times. :rolleyes:

Edited by Computer Nerd

Update! Sorry guys. Been crazy busy with the Cali trip and all.

It was a very tough delivery, but the baby came Friday morning at 1:13 AM central time. My SIL was in labor for 19 hours when they lost the baby's heartbeat. They then went to an emergency c-section.

Baby and momma are fine, and DW was happy she got to be there. Making my final payment on my November cruise tomorrow, so it's all good!

Update! Sorry guys. Been crazy busy with the Cali trip and all.

It was a very tough delivery, but the baby came Friday morning at 1:13 AM central time. My SIL was in labor for 19 hours when they lost the baby's heartbeat. They then went to an emergency c-section.

Baby and momma are fine, and DW was happy she got to be there. Making my final payment on my November cruise tomorrow, so it's all good!

So happy for momma, baby, sis, (SIL) wife and you...it really really really is all good...and a sweet story. Have a great next trip together...

• 1 month later...

You guys aren't going to believe this!:

I am on the November 5th sailing and when I heard of the thruster issues late last night, I snagged travel insurance. I purchased the insurance at 12:15 AM October 31st. The letter from carnival about the port cancellation came out October 31 @ 3:15 PM.

Insure my trip is saying my coverage doesn't start until 12:01 AM the day after purchase, which would be November 1.

Looks like I will miss out on the $1300 I could have received for the missed port clause of the insurance, which is almost exactly what I had to lose earlier this year. I thought it was going to all even out, and I couldn't WAIT to tell you guys, but I was 15 minutes too late!!

Aaaarrrrrggghhhhhhhhhh

Edited by Letmelivehereplease

You guys aren't going to believe this!:

I am on the November 5th sailing and when I heard of the thruster issues late last night, I snagged travel insurance. I purchased the insurance at 12:15 AM October 31st. The letter from carnival about the port cancellation came out October 31 @ 3:15 PM.

Insure my trip is saying my coverage doesn't start until 12:01 AM the day after purchase, which would be November 1.

Looks like I will miss out on the $1300 I could have received for the missed port clause of the insurance, which is almost exactly what I had to lose earlier this year. I thought it was going to all even out, and I couldn't WAIT to tell you guys, but I was 15 minutes too late!!

Aaaarrrrrggghhhhhhhhhh

Actually, to pour salt in the wound, you're also losing out on the money you spent on the insurance you probably wouldn't have bought if you didn't think you were going to invoke the port cancellation part of the insurance. Ouch.

Hope you don't take this the wrong way but if I see you on a future roll call that I'm in I just may end up changing cruises. I have a feeling you're going to attract icebergs when you finally get on a ship. :)

Actually, to pour salt in the wound, you're also losing out on the money you spent on the insurance you probably wouldn't have bought if you didn't think you were going to invoke the port cancellation part of the insurance. Ouch.

Hope you don't take this the wrong way but if I see you on a future roll call that I'm in I just may end up changing cruises. I have a feeling you're going to attract icebergs when you finally get on a ship. :)

Well, I always travel with insurance simply for the chance that I have to be airlifted off of the thing and I was going to buy it Monday anyway, so I'm not too upset about that.

I am still going to file a claim and see what happens. Hahah

just think, if she had gone on the cruise with you you might be on the way to waco with he right now. hope you have a great time in cali. :)

Or just think, if the guy's wife had went on the cruise with him, she would have been so worried and nervous constantly checking back with her sis that neither would have enjoyed the cruise.

I'm not canceling. Im not thinking about canceling. I just thought it was interesting that after losing the money on the first sailing, I had a chance to get it all back and virtually sail on this one for free, and i probably missed that chance by 13 minutes or so

You think you'll get the cruise fare back for missing a port?

You think you'll get the cruise fare back for missing a port?

The travel insurance I bought pays $500 per person if there is a change in itinerary of any sort. That would equal $1500 for our family, or the $1364 that we paid for the trip, whichever is less.

Edited by Letmelivehereplease

The travel insurance I bought pays $500 per person if there is a change in itinerary of any sort. That would equal $1500 for our family, or the $1364 that we paid for the trip, whichever is less.

Hmmmm....who knew.:confused:

Doesn't make sense that insurance would pay $500 pp for something like a missed port. Better share this policy with others so instead of getting about $15 credit back, we can get $485 more !!

You have such a great attitude after everything that has happened. I hope you eventually get on a ship and have no family complications, and the ship has no mechanical problems and you have a fantastic vacation, you have worked hard for it.

My second cruise in a row canceled :(. Bright side, I got a full refund and 100% credit on a future cruise as well. So you know what that means?!?! I GOT MY INITIAL MONEY BACK [emoji106]

Karma always comes back! You did the "right thing" by your wife; I ran the scenerio by my DH and he totally understood where you were coming from.