Upgrades

chelseabelsea

As stated before, from my TA, Oceania is supposingly cutting back on the number of guarantees that they now sell. It seems from the posts here that the ones they have done in the near past are certainly biting them in the bottom. The entire modus operandi of how they have worked that system appears flawed and I have no sympathy for them having to pay through the nose to get out of the situations they have created.

As stated before, from my TA, Oceania is supposingly cutting back on the number of guarantees that they now sell. It seems from the posts here that the ones they have done in the near past are certainly biting them in the bottom. The entire modus operandi of how they have worked that system appears flawed and I have no sympathy for them having to pay through the nose to get out of the situations they have created.

Your point taken well, for what ever reason things happened the way they did without any clue or hint, was like lightning striking both in its power and speed, Thank you O.... your generosity was deeply appreciated.

When all the smoke clears this will be the cheapest cruise I have ever taken...ever anywhere...and if all the numbers add up... less than zero is a pretty good fare for 17 days, including all gratuities,Shore Ex, internet, OBC's,rebates comes to a mind numbing reality that I still cant believe.....

I may have to file a 1099 for the cruise proceeds when I get home.....Going to be fun explaining it to my CPA.. ....... "You did what !!!!!"

Seems like a strange business plan

first you discount the fares & add more perks 10+ months out

next you over book the cruises

come close to sailing & now you pay people more $$ to move off the cruise or cancel or downgrade the cabin for more $$$ :eek:

I do not think this business plan will survive too much longer at this rate :D

JMO

Edited by LHT28

Seems like a strange business plan

first you discount the fares & add more perks 10+ months out

next you over book the cruises

come close to sailing & now you pay people more $$ to move off the cruise or cancel or downgrade the cabin for more $$$ :eek:

I do not think this business plan will survive too much longer at this rate :D

JMO

I've wondered the same exact things myself, but have been told the revenue dept knows what they're doing.