Exclusive Upgrade Offer - UK

magandy

Just received an Upgrade Offer for our Transatlantic on the Royal October 2017:

We hope that you are looking forward to your 2017 Princess Cruises Holiday, and as a thank you for booking your Princess Cruises holiday early, we would like to offer you the chance to upgrade your cabin at a discounted rate. This will not affect any of the additional benefits you secured when booking your holiday, so please call the team at Princess Cruises on 0843 3740014 who will arrange any of the upgrade options below for you: ​ ​

Upgrade from your balcony cabin to a mini suite for 399 GBP per person! Upgrade from your balcony cabin to a full suite for 2,049 GBP per person!

We have had free upgrades before but never an email labelled 'UpsellOffer' which seems to be what other countries get.

Has anyone from the UK experienced this before or this a new option now appearing in the UK?

Thank you for your replies so far.

If I wanted to take either of the upgrades offered, I would be £1 better off than if I was booking a new cruise, so don't see what the incentive is.

After 20 cruises with Princess this is the first time I have had this type of offer.

Had a bunch of upsell offers recently which we grabbed. One for an imminent Med cruise 3rd Sep 2016 from balcony to Aft Vista Suite saving £400 per person, that cruise is now shown as fully sold out. Another 3 for upsells in 2017 which are currently on UK "Deal", all were booked as Mini suites, we took upsells to Penthouse suites. This time we saved about £500 each per person from their UK "Deal" price, naturally as they are so far out, time wise, I will be keeping an eye on all the future listed prices. As we don't fly any more ,these cruises are all from our home port Southampton UK. Perhaps this is because the UK economy has taken a bit of a knock recently. Or then again who can second guess Princess bean counters?. All I know is that in general UK prices are way over what you guys in the States can get. Happy cruising:)