How is the Conquest Seafood Corner? Has anyone tried it?

smyliecruising

All of the seafood on the ship is "previously frozen"...which does preserve "freshness".

believe it or not many sushi restaurants order flash frozen fish. I am in the restaurant business and oysters are sold, cryovaced and shucked. Minimum orders of fresh oysters are probably too large for small restaurants. If you ever did a "behind the scenes tour" you can see how serious CCL is about food handling procedures.

So I guess we missed this. What is the seafood shack, which ships is it on and is it in place of the fish and chips? The fish and chips has been a favorite of DD and DH for numerous Carnival cruises including July 2015 on the Conquest. This will not go over well in my house.

So I guess we missed this. What is the seafood shack, which ships is it on and is it in place of the fish and chips? The fish and chips has been a favorite of DD and DH for numerous Carnival cruises including July 2015 on the Conquest. This will not go over well in my house.

I want to know too.

Dang, that fish & chips place is half my reason for wanting to book a conquest class ship. I'm really hoping they've added something new & not taken away my favorite place for lunch.

I believe that the only Conquest class ship that has gone to the Seafood Shack is the Conquest. They replaced the original Fish and chips on deck 10 with a free bbq and opened the Seafood Shack on deck 9 aft.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Did you try the free bbq place that is now where the old Fish and Chips was?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

My husband and I ate there 3 times during our Aug 20th cruise. Chicken was excellent and so were the beans. I would recommend.

Has anyone tried the crab legs yet in the seafood corner and if so what was the market price?

Just got off Conquest yesterday. I'll post a couple of pictures later, but to answer your question of market prices, crab legs were $19/lb and shrimp was 11 or 12/lb. They did have a fresh fish, banzoni, or something like that. I'd never heard of that fish.

I did try the lobster roll and they were good, but I had lobster rolls in Rhode Island last summer, so I may be a little biased. I did not try anything else. So much other food available at no charge.

I went through that area often, and people were always there. Not crowded, but steady. I think I waited a little over 5 minutes for my order. They give you a pager to let you know when your order is ready. Most days they were open from 11am-9pm. Plenty of time to partake if you wish. On a side note, the BBQ on deck 10 was open 12-2:30pm everyday, including embarkation day. This was a welcomed treat for us. We sampled most of what they offer and it was all very good. It's not truly smoked, it's baked, but it was still really good. My fave was the beef with Kansas City style sauce served on soft buttered and toasted hoagie style bun. The beans were excellent as well.

I think both options will be popular on the Conquest as people find their way back there. So many cruisers have no clue as to what all is offered and will just stop at the first station they come to on Lido.

That's all for now, I'll try to answer any questions y'all may have.

Hank

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got off Conquest yesterday. I'll post a couple of pictures later, but to answer your question of market prices, crab legs were $19/lb and shrimp was 11 or 12/lb. They did have a fresh fish, banzoni, or something like that. I'd never heard of that fish.

I did try the lobster roll and they were good, but I had lobster rolls in Rhode Island last summer, so I may be a little biased. I did not try anything else. So much other food available at no charge.

I went through that area often, and people were always there. Not crowded, but steady. I think I waited a little over 5 minutes for my order. They give you a pager to let you know when your order is ready. Most days they were open from 11am-9pm. Plenty of time to partake if you wish. On a side note, the BBQ on deck 10 was open 12-2:30pm everyday, including embarkation day. This was a welcomed treat for us. We sampled most of what they offer and it was all very good. It's not truly smoked, it's baked, but it was still really good. My fave was the beef with Kansas City style sauce served on soft buttered and toasted hoagie style bun. The beans were excellent as well.

I think both options will be popular on the Conquest as people find their way back there. So many cruisers have no clue as to what all is offered and will just stop at the first station they come to on Lido.

Hank

Awesome I'm looking forward to the seafood corner on our upcoming cruise.

On a side note, the BBQ on deck 10 was open 12-2:30pm everyday, including embarkation day. This was a welcomed treat for us. We sampled most of what they offer and it was all very good. It's not truly smoked, it's baked, but it was still really good. My fave was the beef with Kansas City style sauce served on soft buttered and toasted hoagie style bun. The beans were excellent as well.

Sounds great to this non-seafood eater, thanks!

SHHHHHHHH.

I'm kinda hoping people don't discover the free BBQ place until our third cruise day. That's how long it took my sister to find the Fish'n'Chips on our first Conquest-class cruise. :D

Hank

Are you able to post the pics of the seafood and BBQ place?

Here is another. Gives you an idea of bucket size and bread bowls. I truly meant to take more pictures, but alas, a cruise got in the way. As I've said, I think it will a welcome addition for some, if not most cruisers, perhaps CCL could make some price adjustments. Just not sure if it's priced right.

e417c823-3418-45fc-a81e-2805e95edfb1_zpsdxitpqbp.jpg

Hank

Thank you for this info. My family loves seafood particularly crab legs. You whet our appetite with your post and pictures.

Looks like they're planning to add this to every ship that has had an aft grill area left empty since the addition of Guy's Burgers. If you go to Carnival's site and explore the Dining Options by ship, Liberty, Freedom, Triumph, Victory, and Valor all show the Seafood Shack as "Coming Soon."

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like they're planning to add this to every ship that has had an aft grill area left empty since the addition of Guy's Burgers. If you go to Carnival's site and explore the Dining Options by ship, Liberty, Freedom, Triumph, Victory, and Valor all show the Seafood Shack as "Coming Soon."

Awesome!

• 3 weeks later...
I am rather excited to try this. I am glad Carnival has free food all over the ship but always enjoy paying for the upgraded meals at the steakhouse. We spend nothing on alcohol so paying extra for better food is a vacation treat for us. Please don't flame me for being glad that they kept all the free stuff on the room service menu but added some "fee items". I am glad of it. I am super excited to try the Seafood as I live great seafood rather than so so free seafood and the prices are cheaper than land prices so I am curious how they taste. Anyone try this new specialty yet?

I tried the Lobster Roll for $12 this week. It was not the best Lobster Roll I've had, but it was good.

The barbecue place located where the Fish and Chips place used to be is pretty good too. The pulled pork is excellent. The beans were not so good, and the mac and cheese was perfect the first time I had it, but dry and cold the second and third time I had them this week.

Per a Triumph review last week, Triumph now has this. Aft area, opposite of the Pizza place.