Laundry v ironing room

Faulkner1066

No washing machines for guests and no irons allowed on board. They will be confiscated. Learn to buy clothes that don't wrinkle easily, hang wrinkled clothes in bathroom with hot shower running, use Febreze and Downy Wrinkle Release to make clothes last longer. Don't obsess about wearing the same clothes several times. Everyone else is in the same boat, pun intended.

Hi,

Irons aren't allowed per celebrity's FAQ:

"Steamers or irons are not allowed onboard. However, there is a full laundry and dry-cleaning service available onboard for reasonable rates.

Regular service, picked up before 9AM - returned next day. For same day service, picked up before 9AM and returned same day, add 50% express service surcharge."

Unfortunately you are going to have to use their laundry service. However, lots of people swear by Downy Wrinkle Release as an alternative to ironing.

Enjoy the cruise!

We are going on Celebrity Eclipse next week do I take an iron or is there an ironing room as I believe the laundry is expensive? Help

No personal irons allowed and no laundry or ironing rooms Here are the laundry prices

Laundry Services

Suit $17.50

Jacket $8.00

Pants $7.00

Long Sleeved Shirt $7.00

Short Sleeved Shirt $6.00

Sweater $8.00

Shorts $5.50

Dress $11.00

Skirt $6.50

Pajamas $5.50

Handkerchief $3.00

T-shirt $3.75

Undergarments $3.00

Swimsuit $4.00

Socks, pair $3.00

Dry-Cleaning

Suit $19.00

Jacket $11.00

Pants $8.00

Vest $5.00

Long Sleeved Shirt $7.50

Short Sleeved Shirt $6.50

Sweater $9.00

Shorts $6.50

Dress $16.00

Skirt $7.50

Necktie/Tie $5.00

4 Item Special $28.00

Pressing Only

Suit $14.00

Jacket $8.00

Pants $6.00

Vest $3.00

Long Sleeved Shirt $5.75

Short Sleeved Shirt $4.00

Sweater $5.50

Shorts $4.00

Dress $8.00

Skirt $6.00

4 Item Special $25.00

Just as others have said - we find that Downy Fabric Release (Spray) & hanging the clothes in a steamy bathroom truly help. We pack a number of knit items and the clothes which need to be pressed (linen/cotton), we press prior to packing & hope for the best once on the cruise.

Ultimately very few will judge you if your clothes are not crisply pressed. This is vacation - Enjoy your cruise!!

Pack your shirts and things that might wrinkle in a dry cleaning bag, and like the poster above said, don't sweat it. Bring knits and things that don't wrinkle much, hang them out, and don't worry about it.

And if you have to send a few things out, it's a small price compared to what you paid for your cruise. Keep sailing and you get free laundry!! <---perk for elite and above

Seriously, an iron aboard a ship is a fire hazard. One rule I'm very glad they enforce. Can you imagine a fire on the ship in the middle of the ocean? Mercy!

Let me just add...you really don't want to try to sneak an iron on board.....think of what happens if you cause an electrical problem...or start a fire accidentally. You get to pay for any damages....hmmm, how much does a ship cost?????

Edited by ghstudio

Let me just add...you really don't want to try to sneak an iron on board.....

And if you do try to sneak an iron on-board ship security will likely find it when the luggage is X-rayed prior to delivery to your stateroom. Years ago we were on a cruise on the now departed Mercury. That particular cruise was a RT out of Baltimore, and the table for folks to pick up their confiscated items was located right beside the entrance into the luggage hall. The bulk of the items were confiscated travel irons.

Don't worry about wrinkles but I do have some suggestions that truly work. Pack your clothes that you don't care about first..socks, underwear, etc. I pack those things in large ziplock bags and that makes it easy to find and unpack. (also easier for TSA if they search). Pack dress clothes or those things that might wrinkle with dry cleaner bags to cushion. This will help a lot. Also take a spray top from a disposable bottle that will fit on top of a water bottle. (I use one from glass cleaner). Fill the bottle with HOT tap water and hang your clothes up and spritz....wrinkles will fall right out. I usually hang the clothes in on the shower rod. Shower steam will also help. If you have a curling iron for your hair (or hair straightener) these are acceptable and I've used for "ironing" a stubborn wrinkle as well. Good luck and no worries.

Just as others have said - we find that Downy Fabric Release (Spray) & hanging the clothes in a steamy bathroom truly help. We pack a number of knit items and the clothes which need to be pressed (linen/cotton), we press prior to packing & hope for the best once on the cruise.

Ultimately very few will judge you if your clothes are not crisply pressed. This is vacation - Enjoy your cruise!!

We also find that Downy Fabric Release works well.