Public Transportation in Bar Harbour, ME, Halifax & St. Johns's NB

nelblu

Any suggestions, such as HOHO transportation. Just off a 9 hours Boston to Cape Cod and at the end it was tedious & tiring. I remember on a thread about a Pink Bus. but can't remember which port of call. Thanks,

The public buses in Bar Harbor are not pink. Here's a pix:

NE-IslExp.jpg

As for finding your Cape Cod excursion at the end was tedious & tiring, I wrote in my reply to your 8/19 post - JMHO, if you want to see Cape Cod properly and not in a whirl wind, take a land vacation there. That advice still stands.

Please, the correct spelling is Bar Harbor; there is no u in the name of the town.

There are pink buses in Halifax. Google: pink buses halifax ns > images

SBtS

Edited by SailBadtheSinner
speling

Halifax has a very expensive Ho-Ho pink bus: http://www.grayline.com/tours/halifax/halifax-hop-on-hop-off-5858_21/

However if you are able to walk there is no need for a bus along the waterfront. You can take a taxi to the Citadel if you wish.

For going to Peggy's Cove and/or Lunenburg either renting a car or taking an excursion is the way to go.

Halifax has a very expensive Ho-Ho pink bus: http://www.grayline.com/tours/halifax/halifax-hop-on-hop-off-5858_21/

However if you are able to walk there is no need for a bus along the waterfront. You can take a taxi to the Citadel if you wish.

For going to Peggy's Cove and/or Lunenburg either renting a car or taking an excursion is the way to go.

What is the bus fare (in Canadian money) on the local bus to go up to the Citadel or around the city? Do you you exact fare on the local bus?

MARAPRINCE