Did you like the Illusionarium?

stickey_mouse

We really enjoyed it and I'm not even a big magic person. We got the better seats in the middle and I think it was worth it. We happened to notice people lining up earlier than we planned which ended up being worth doing. They seat you in order, front to back so the earlier ones get the better seats (after the suites people of course). We thought the food was pretty good but each to their own. You're eating while watching so not easy to it. If you do a search you'll probably see lots of info and reviews.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And there are no options for dinner, right? You get to choose beef or vegetarian, and that's it? Do they even ask how you want your steak cooked?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our Getaway cruise was about 2 years ago but we are 90% sure they didn't ask us...kind of like at a wedding or banquet where filet is served....they just bring it out and you take it or leave it ;)

We loved the Illusionarium. I was a little indignant about paying for a show. I realize they rationalize this by saying its a dinner show but like the op I had heard the food was nothing to write home about. Regarding the food, I admit I'm not a very picky eater but I really enjoyed the food there.

We have been to the Illusionarium a couple of times and really enjoy the show. The food is o.k. Fixed menu.

Prosciutto, Mozzarella, Tomato, Balsamic Vinaigrette, gourmet young mescalin greens.

Surf and Turf, grilled beef tenderloin, lemon pepper shrimp, fingerling potatoes, charred roasted broccoli, peppercorn sauce.

Trilogy of sweets, red velvet cupcake with vanilla cream cheese frosting, vanilla creme caramel with wild berries, flourless chocolate cake with praline creme

Agree with the other posters.

The time you get there affects your seats. With smaller kids- this could be q deal breaker.

Food was reception food.

We were all impressed by the magic

This was actually a great, first night on ship activity. Esp. After a long day of travel. Sit back, have a drink, eat and enjoy.

We loved The Illusionarium. I'm not a person who ever orders steak in a restaurant, but I thought it was very good and the shrimp as well. The desserts weren't great, but that seemed to be the trend for the entire week.

We also enjoyed the show. We went on the first night and it was a very relaxing way to start our cruise. My kids wanted to go again later in the week, but I didn't want to pay that much a second time. We would, however, do it again on another cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Would you recommend The Illusionarium? And why does everybody complain about the food?

Let me start by saying we normally do not enjoy most "shows" on cruise ships but we found the Illusionarium entertaining - we saw it a few years ago and one of the acts that we saw is now in the finals of America's Got Talent (the psychic couple). I would recommend seeing it at least once. I don't know if we would do it again if we are on a ship where it was offered.

As far as food goes - depends on who you are and where you are in life. If you are a sophisticated foodie you will the food lacking - if your normal diet is fast food .... it will be delicious!

Either way, enjoy!

I guess i am the odd one out on this but i didn't love it. I would not say it was bad by any means, there were good parts. I just didn't think it was as great as everyone said. Of course everyone has their opinion so this is just mine. The food was ok but that was not an issue cause if i still was hungry, there is always somewhere to get food after the show. Now the couple on americas got talent now was not in my show as far as i know. They are awesome on AGT. Sounds like most people like the show so you need to make your own opinion by seeing it i guess. Enjoy your cruise. The getaway is amazing

I guess i am the odd one out on this but i didn't love it. I would not say it was bad by any means, there were good parts. I just didn't think it was as great as everyone said. Of course everyone has their opinion so this is just mine. The food was ok but that was not an issue cause if i still was hungry, there is always somewhere to get food after the show. Now the couple on americas got talent now was not in my show as far as i know. They are awesome on AGT. Sounds like most people like the show so you need to make your own opinion by seeing it i guess. Enjoy your cruise. The getaway is amazing

I agree with Karen. My wife and I didn't think the show was bad but we wouldn't go back to see it again. The food was good but not great. It was very dark while we were trying to eat and my wife did not like that aspect. The couple on AGT does not seem like the same couple we saw on the ship.