Shanghai's on the Epic

nimiq

Hello all,

I think I have read a post sometime ago saying that Shanghai restaurant on Epic was now free. Can anyone confirm that ?

Why I'm questioning myself is that when I go in my NCL planning I can only reserve seating times for Taste or Manhattan complimentary restaurant.

Thanks in advance

Sea ya

Eric

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Shanghais was certainly free last time we were on the Epic. Don't go expecting speciality dining service though. We actually walked out, the service was so poor. One course was missed completely, I then got the wrong meal and they charged us for drinks even though we had the UBP. We are back on the Epic soon and we'll try again and hope last time was a hiccup.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hello all,

I think I have read a post sometime ago saying that Shanghai restaurant on Epic was now free. Can anyone confirm that ?

Why I'm questioning myself is that when I go in my NCL planning I can only reserve seating times for Taste or Manhattan complimentary restaurant.

Thanks in advance

Sea ya

Eric

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not speciality and far too small for purpose now. Menu is very small.

Free but it doesn't take reservations. It's small so there can be a queue to get in. It opens for lunch on sea days too with a reduced menu. We went for lunch, there was a little queue but they gave us a buzzer so we could go sit at the bar and the wait was only 5 mins. I felt both the food and service were fine, you should try it at least once on your cruise.

We went to Noodle Bar for dinner. Went early so it wasn't too crowded. The menu is limited, but it was the best single meal we had on the entire cruise. Of the specialty restaurants, Cagney's was disappointing, Cucina and Le Bistro were ok.

Yep its free - but to be honest any takeaway food and I even include that garbage you microwave from a supermarket is better.:(

The Noodle bar is good - in fact the noodle station in the Buffet is quite good.

We tried the Asian restaurant on the star before they became complimentary dining. On the star it was delicious, tons of choices but went it went free they shorten the menu, not so many choices and not as good. I guess they associate complimentary with lack of quality :rolleyes:.. We will try it on the Epic.