.Com and .co.uk

Knixuk

If the price for the cruise is cheaper on .com and you are UK based can you book it on .com?

Also, new to celebrity and I couldn't find any information on the website but how much does the drinks package usually cost?

Trying to work out if cheaper to book an internal room and add on the drinks package or book an ocean view with the free drinks package.

Thanks for the advice (and hope it wasn't a stupid question!) - we usually cruise with Princess/Thomson but fancy a change.

If the price for the cruise is cheaper on .com and you are UK based can you book it on .com?

Also, new to celebrity and I couldn't find any information on the website but how much does the drinks package usually cost?

Trying to work out if cheaper to book an internal room and add on the drinks package or book an ocean view with the free drinks package.

Thanks for the advice (and hope it wasn't a stupid question!) - we usually cruise with Princess/Thomson but fancy a change.

You can book US prices and its best to do so via a US agent as they usually add perks on top. We can't name agents on here. However I currently cannot find any US agent offering a better priced Celebrity cruise than one available in the UK. Mainly due to the exchange rate.

Usually to book an inside cabin and buy two drinks packages would make it equal or better value to book an Oceanview or above that includes the drinks packages. I've rarely seen it better value to get an inside if you intend on getting a drinks package.

The classic alcohol package would cost $64 pp pd at current prices and with the poor exchange rate I'm sure choosing an Oceanview or above to get the included drinks package will be better value.

Celebrity are way above Thomson.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can book US prices and its best to do so via a US agent as they usually add perks on top. We can't name agents on here. However I currently cannot find any US agent offering a better priced Celebrity cruise than one available in the UK. Mainly due to the exchange rate.

Usually to book an inside cabin and buy two drinks packages would make it equal or better value to book an Oceanview or above that includes the drinks packages. I've rarely seen it better value to get an inside if you intend on getting a drinks package.

The classic alcohol package would cost $64 pp pd at current prices and with the poor exchange rate I'm sure choosing an Oceanview or above to get the included drinks package will be better value.

Celebrity are way above Thomson.

Thank you - that is very helpful, it is difficult to work out what is for the best. From what i can tell on the .co.uk website £2798 for an interior vs £4400 for an ocean view. I can't tell if the drinks package would be more than £1600 in total for two - but i find it quite surprising if it is. As long as the drinks package is less than £1600 then it may be cheaper to do internal + drinks, but then perhaps having the ocean view is worth that little bit extra. We had a balcony on our last cruise (Med with Princess) and just never used it so certainly don't want a balcony option.

Thank you - that is very helpful, it is difficult to work out what is for the best. From what i can tell on the .co.uk website £2798 for an interior vs £4400 for an ocean view. I can't tell if the drinks package would be more than £1600 in total for two - but i find it quite surprising if it is. As long as the drinks package is less than £1600 then it may be cheaper to do internal + drinks, but then perhaps having the ocean view is worth that little bit extra. We had a balcony on our last cruise (Med with Princess) and just never used it so certainly don't want a balcony option.

If you indicate the specific cruise you are looking at I may be able to add more info.

Edited by kevinyork

If you indicate the specific cruise you are looking at I may be able to add more info.

That would be great, thank you, Baltic leaving 2nd July from Southampton.

OK, currently with a UK agent: Inside £1314, Balcony (same price as outside cabin) £2051. The latter includes the drinks packag and $400 OBC. So thats over £700 pp more to get the drinks package and OBC but in a Balcony. With a discount US cruise agent the prices are £1983 and £2927 respectively with free tips, £300 OBC and the drinks package on the latter price. So currently much cheaper with a UK agent.

However, the UK prices are IMO high. Eclipse does a lot of Baltic sailings and the prices do come down sometimes. Ive booked my last 3 Eclipse trips in the autumn, Sep/Oct. As an example our Eclipse Baltic trip this May was booked last Sep and we paid £1695pp for a Balcony, drinks Package, tips and $300 OBC with a UK agent. Celebrity's current promotion ends 31st August so I would expect another promotion from 1st Sep and possibly some re-pricing. Just as a final note, Eclipse Baltic sailings this spring/summer were being offered as low as £899 for an inside around March/April and I would expect similar offers next year.

I would not book direct with Celebrity UK. You can usually get around 5% off from some cruise agents or if you route your purchase from Celebrity via the cashback site Topcashback (not a travel agent so can be mentioned on here) you will get 4% cash back.

Hope this helps. If you need more help just let me know.

If you book directly Celebrity allow you to re-book if the cruise drops in price, in the UK, not sure about the US.

Unless you are paying up front I would consider booking in USD a big risk due to the fluctuating strength of the GBP due to Brexit and lots of other economic factors, definitely a gamble.

If you book directly Celebrity allow you to re-book if the cruise drops in price, in the UK, not sure about the US.

Unless you are paying up front I would consider booking in USD a big risk due to the fluctuating strength of the GBP due to Brexit and lots of other economic factors, definitely a gamble.

You need to check on both side of the pond as sometimes it pays to book here, sometimes not. Remember in the US you can cancel, without penalty (note:some TAs do charge a nominal fee), right up to final payment date and obtaining a price drop or new promotion is definitely much easier. So if the prices are similar and you are getting more perks from a US TA, then it's not so much of a gamble. All parameters need to be considered, including losing your deposits if you wish to rebook because of a huge price drop in the UK (something that will happen if you've booked over here - so unsure if you are aware of that reading your post above? It is different for future cruises booked onboard, where they currently are allowing you to move the booking).

OK, currently with a UK agent: Inside £1314, Balcony (same price as outside cabin) £2051. The latter includes the drinks packag and $400 OBC. So thats over £700 pp more to get the drinks package and OBC but in a Balcony. With a discount US cruise agent the prices are £1983 and £2927 respectively with free tips, £300 OBC and the drinks package on the latter price. So currently much cheaper with a UK agent.

However, the UK prices are IMO high. Eclipse does a lot of Baltic sailings and the prices do come down sometimes. Ive booked my last 3 Eclipse trips in the autumn, Sep/Oct. As an example our Eclipse Baltic trip this May was booked last Sep and we paid £1695pp for a Balcony, drinks Package, tips and $300 OBC with a UK agent. Celebrity's current promotion ends 31st August so I would expect another promotion from 1st Sep and possibly some re-pricing. Just as a final note, Eclipse Baltic sailings this spring/summer were being offered as low as £899 for an inside around March/April and I would expect similar offers next year.

I would not book direct with Celebrity UK. You can usually get around 5% off from some cruise agents or if you route your purchase from Celebrity via the cashback site Topcashback (not a travel agent so can be mentioned on here) you will get 4% cash back.

Hope this helps. If you need more help just let me know.

Thank you - this is all very helpful (and a little confusing). I am stuck to the July dates really (due to work) but figured the early July date would still be in main school time so would avoid the over abundance of children.

I might hold out a little bit longer and see if the prices come down then, it seems a big saving IF i am prepared to risk losing out on the cruise all together.

Thank you - this is all very helpful (and a little confusing). I am stuck to the July dates really (due to work) but figured the early July date would still be in main school time so would avoid the over abundance of children.

I might hold out a little bit longer and see if the prices come down then, it seems a big saving IF i am prepared to risk losing out on the cruise all together.

Hope your not too confused. I watch Celebrity cruise prices and bookings and would say the Baltic cruises have not sold out until a matter of weeks before sailing. With some travellers from overseas nervous about travelling to Europe I don't see this changing soon. I would say the current prices are as high as they are going to be and that they will come down. By the way don't worry too much about lots of kids in school holidays. Celebrity doesn't attract as many kids as some lines plus a Baltic cruise isn't that attractive as say a med cruise to families.

I was on this cruise this year and I saw very few children onboard. I didn't bother monitoring the price post final payment date, so I cannot comment on price fluctuations.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by bengaltiger1

My understanding is that it's the other way round; I've failed to get Celebrity UK to let me rebook in the past, and that's a common complaint.

Stuart

My understanding is that it's the other way round; I've failed to get Celebrity UK to let me rebook in the past, and that's a common complaint.

Stuart

When I first started viewing these Celebrity threads a few years ago I remember people saying that Celebrity UK would honour price drops before final payment however I believe they now follow all other UK cruise lines terms and the only way to get a price drop is to cancel and rebook, losing your deposit.

Yes you would have to cancel and rebook in order to get the price drops, it's what I had to do and I'd booked direct with Celebrity UK. I lost my original deposit and had 2 pay a 2nd deposit and I lost the OBC I had with my original booking but still saved a significant amount so it was worth it.

When I first started viewing these Celebrity threads a few years ago I remember people saying that Celebrity UK would honour price drops before final payment however I believe they now follow all other UK cruise lines terms and the only way to get a price drop is to cancel and rebook, losing your deposit.

Yes, you are correct: they used to honour the price drops. Then it all stopped, along with most of the decent TA discounts (up to 13% was the norm) :(.

So friends booked last week after numerous pushy must end soon communications from Celebrity and a week later they are £700 out of pocket. Disgusting!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Replied as follows to your other post.

Please speak to Celebrity. The terms of the offer released today seem to suggest rebooking IS allowed onto the new offer. Rare for UK bookers but worth looking into.

Here is a screenshot of the terms and conditions for the offer launched today.

bb96c580b85c17b9c20c74214cdbeffb.jpg