Wanting to "prank" my teen boys during our cruise..

Ok I've got five sons, I get it. Yet... Do you really need to create this artificial pranking situation? Isn't everything they do pretty much a joke? I remember cruising with four of my sons in a quad with a rollaway and it was nonstop. The best was when my youngest was in the shower, he was OBSESSED with Carnival cruise ships and could tell you the stats of each one- I think he was 7 at the time of that cruise. So they shut the light off, piled furniture in front of the door, and told him the Carnival Something was sailing by right next to us. But this is the kind of thing they all do to each other- you don't have to put a bikini on their door (??) or a thing on their toilet... Honestly my boys would have thought these suggestions were lame. They got up to their own fun. I would laugh at what they were doing, most of the time, but mainly my role was to tell them when to stop. I understand what your goal is but I think you're trying too hard and these suggestions might fall flat. There is truly nothing funnier on this earth than the joking that goes on between brothers. They'll have a million inside jokes about the cruise before they even notice something that you've done. You're the mom.

Ok I've got five sons, I get it. Yet... Do you really need to create this artificial pranking situation? Isn't everything they do pretty much a joke? I remember cruising with four of my sons in a quad with a rollaway and it was nonstop. The best was when my youngest was in the shower, he was OBSESSED with Carnival cruise ships and could tell you the stats of each one- I think he was 7 at the time of that cruise. So they shut the light off, piled furniture in front of the door, and told him the Carnival Something was sailing by right next to us. But this is the kind of thing they all do to each other- you don't have to put a bikini on their door (??) or a thing on their toilet... Honestly my boys would have thought these suggestions were lame. They got up to their own fun. I would laugh at what they were doing, most of the time, but mainly my role was to tell them when to stop. I understand what your goal is but I think you're trying too hard and these suggestions might fall flat. There is truly nothing funnier on this earth than the joking that goes on between brothers. They'll have a million inside jokes about the cruise before they even notice something that you've done. You're the mom.

Yes, I'm fully aware that I'm the mom. I know that they'll have tons of jokes and such with each other - they are extremely close. But, I also know I enjoy kidding around with my boys - and they enjoy it as well. Plus they have a little sister and my niece who are going to be having fun helping out. As the mom - I get to say when enough is enough - but I also get to be part of the fun and make these memories with them before they move out.

I like the idea of telling them they can't go to the topless deck.

Another one would be to fill a rumrunner with water or Ice tea so they get called to the naughty room.

Also decorating with Barbie stuff.

And if you can still find them, 99cents only store had little motion detector owls that had a quiet "hoot" that can drive you crazy until you find it. Putting it in the Shower room so that anytime someone goes in in the night there will be a "hooting"

Yes, I'm fully aware that I'm the mom. I know that they'll have tons of jokes and such with each other - they are extremely close. But, I also know I enjoy kidding around with my boys - and they enjoy it as well. Plus they have a little sister and my niece who are going to be having fun helping out. As the mom - I get to say when enough is enough - but I also get to be part of the fun and make these memories with them before they move out.

Yeah I get it, me too, me too. Never laughed so hard in my LIFE as I have with my boys. When they get joking around it's hysterical. Well I hope you find some stuff to do. You know them better than anyone else. What are their ages? I'm trying to think of stuff...

Yeah I get it, me too, me too. Never laughed so hard in my LIFE as I have with my boys. When they get joking around it's hysterical. Well I hope you find some stuff to do. You know them better than anyone else. What are their ages? I'm trying to think of stuff...

Boys are always so much fun!! :D When we cruise in Jan they will be 19, 17, and 14. My daughter will be 12, but she's in a different cabin and will be one of the pranksters instead of the prankee.

Boys are always so much fun!! :D When we cruise in Jan they will be 19, 17, and 14. My daughter will be 12, but she's in a different cabin and will be one of the pranksters instead of the prankee.

Mine are currently 32, 26, 24, 22 and 18. Never laughed so hard in my life as I have watching these boys. And cruises omg. Most fun ever. I used to take them when they were young kids and teens and they just loved them. Good luck to you!

Have you thought about doing a few small pranks (rubbersnake in their bed, fake spiders in their underwear, sewing a pair of pants shut, shirt with no buttons, only one shoe in suitcase,etc.). Let them anticipate that:) next prank is coming. Let them see you talking to the room steward, waiters, other cabins and stop talking and look guilty when they see you. They will begin to anticipate the next prank. The one that never comes.

Have you thought about doing a few small pranks (rubbersnake in their bed, fake spiders in their underwear, sewing a pair of pants shut, shirt with no buttons, only one shoe in suitcase,etc.). Let them anticipate that:) next prank is coming. Let them see you talking to the room steward, waiters, other cabins and stop talking and look guilty when they see you. They will begin to anticipate the next prank. The one that never comes.

Love this idea!!!! :D

What you need to do is get yourself an "Annoy-a-tron 2.0". Not sure I can post a link here. Amazon seems sold out but that big online auction site might have one available. Do a Google search for "annoy-a-tron". I think it might fit the bill nicely for your purposes. :D

I totally love this. I have 4 kids...one that just graduated college and moved to Florida, one that is 5 hours away and a senior in college and a freshman and junior in high school. We love to laugh (reminds me of a song from Mary Poppins). I am a single mom and laughter is the best medicine. I love that you are trying to have a great time with your kids...it goes way too fast. You will always have people that do not understand. Have a great time and please share with us what you did when you get home :)

Hey everyone! My 3 teen boys will be sharing an inside cabin together during our cruise. I'm trying to come up with some fun "pranks" to pull on them. Nothing harmful, mean-spirited, etc. Just fun stuff.

One of the things I'm planning is to decorate their door to look like a bikini (door-kini?) Something like this... https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/34/5c/de/345cde3dfbe7c89d5e964f7308869e17.jpg At the same time I want to somehow decorate the inside of their room - just not sure how yet.

Other ideas is to do the inside of the bathroom door like this... *if* the door doesn't swing into the bathroom that is. I can't remember. https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/11/4e/34/114e340fe3792d8eb086e8881a209906.jpg

I also plan to order room service for appx 5:30-6am. It won't be wasteful (I know my boys - they'll eat it!!)

Any other innocent, fun ideas to prank teen boys with???

PAAS Easter egg dye tabs or Alka Seltzer in the small pocket of their swimsuits. When they get in the pool lots of yaks.

Before any idiots start flaming me... Yes, the Easter egg dye is food grade, biodegradable, and non-permanent.

I have cruised a LOT

I totally love this. I have 4 kids...one that just graduated college and moved to Florida, one that is 5 hours away and a senior in college and a freshman and junior in high school. We love to laugh (reminds me of a song from Mary Poppins). I am a single mom and laughter is the best medicine. I love that you are trying to have a great time with your kids...it goes way too fast. You will always have people that do not understand. Have a great time and please share with us what you did when you get home :)

Thank you for such kind words!!! I'll definitely share all my exploits. Kinda worried about the retribution however!! :eek:

Yes, the Easter egg dye is food grade, biodegradable, and non-permanent.

The vinyl floor in the kitchen of my previous house says otherwise. Several years and many, many attempts at stain removal later, vibrant PAAS stains of various hues still exist. But I'm sure it will all disappear any year, now, right? Because it's non-permanent.:rolleyes:

Edited by ShakyBeef

What you need to do is get yourself an "Annoy-a-tron 2.0". Not sure I can post a link here. Amazon seems sold out but that big online auction site might have one available. Do a Google search for "annoy-a-tron". I think it might fit the bill nicely for your purposes. :D

I've heard a bit about those. Going to ebay to check it out!! :)

PAAS Easter egg dye tabs or Alka Seltzer in the small pocket of their swimsuits. When they get in the pool lots of yaks.

Before any idiots start flaming me... Yes, the Easter egg dye is food grade, biodegradable, and non-permanent

I have cruised a LOT

Ohhhh my gooodness!!! This is definitely going to happen!!!

I'm getting visions of 1980's episodes of the Love Boat. They pulled a lot of hokey pranks! :rolleyes:

HA!!! That's pretty funny. I haven't seen that show since I was very young.

Thank you EVERyONE for such fun ideas!!!!!

Ohhhh my gooodness!!! This is definitely going to happen!!!

Please, for the sake of the other passengers in the pool, and the crew that will have to deal with clean-up, don't take Manmachine's foolish advice about the egg dye tablets! He is wrong - they absolutely do stain permanently! He can call me an idiot all he likes, but I know whereof I speak. I've still got the floor (still own the house, although we no longer live there:o) and some children's clothing to prove it. This particular prank would go against your own parameters of "nothing harmful" and keeping the pranks "innocent". A lot of damage can be done with those dye tablets.:(

Although the dye in the swim suit gag is hilarious. .. any type of contamination seen in the pool will probably get it closed down for disinfection. Had the pool on our trip get closed 3 times due to puke twice and spilled food once. took 3 hours to drain,clean,fill.