Free gifts from customer service - do you know what they are?

TaylorMace

I had an EZ Air issue today (Delta changed the flight) and I had to work with princess for about 2 hours on the phone to get it fixed.

The princess customer service was great. Very patient. First they offered a new flight, but the times did not work for me. The second option was going to cost money, but it did work for me.

I asked for it to be covered. Was transferred to the next level of customer service and they negotiated with Delta the new flight at no cost increase to me.

For my trouble, they gave me the following gifts (Thank you Princess!). What all do you think is included? Below are the gift descriptions.

Item 6019 - Crown Grill Cover Charge

Item 1000 - Anniversary/Pax Celebrate Onboard

Yeah, I guess I was not very specific. I'm really asking about the second one. I don't see the anniversary package based on the item number 1000.

And for the crown grill, any suggestions on nights? Go formal night, or non formal night? Do you tip extra?

Yeah, I guess I was not very specific. I'm really asking about the second one. I don't see the anniversary package based on the item number 1000.

And for the crown grill, any suggestions on nights? Go formal night, or non formal night? Do you tip extra?

Anniversary package, probably this one

Honeymoon or Anniversary Celebration Package

• One Bottle of Nicolas Feuillate Champagne
  • Godiva Heart-Shaped box of Chocolates
  • Two long stemmed roses

• Chocolate-dipped Strawberries delivered to guest's stateroom the first evening onboard
  • Two Princess Cruises Souvenir Champagne glasses
  • Framed Formal Portrait

Crown Grill

You can book for any evening. If you choose a formal night you do not have to dress formal, but you can. The Crown Grill is smart casual all the time. We normally select another night, as the menu selections in the MDR seem to be better on formal nights. Also production shows are usually on formal nights and timing to see these shows may be tight if you dine in the Crown Grill. You are not required to tip extra, but we normally do provide an extra cash tip. There may be a coupon booklet in your cabin when you board. Look through it. A few times there was a coupon for a free small bottle of wine if dining in the Crown Grill.

Thanks for the detailed response. Great info and very helpful. The customer service group really gave us more than I expected!

Check the celebration packages. It has to be one of them. Enjoy the Crown Grill.... :D. No tip necessary. It's up to you when you want to go but formal night will work!

The anniversary package is just a quick sign on your door with balloons. If you mentioned when you booked they probably added it. Its not the big anniversary celebration package... Thats item #:

1101 ANNIVERSARY PACKAGE 149.99

Crown grill is amazing though! enjoy!

The tip is included so no extra is expected. Enjoy your gifts, it was very nice of Princess.

Item 1000 most likely does refer to the door sign/balloons/cake. There is no item 1000 in the gift catalog and if you were to look at the source code of the Personalizer you'll see this:

<select name="special_occasion_add" id="special_occasion_add" required="required"> <option value=""></option>

<option value="1000">Anniversary</option>

So it appears princess uses Item 1000 internally when someone selects Anniversary in the Personalizer. :cool:

Item 1000 most likely does refer to the door sign/balloons/cake. There is no item 1000 in the gift catalog and if you were to look at the source code of the Personalizer you'll see this:

<select name="special_occasion_add" id="special_occasion_add" required="required"> <option value=""></option>

So it appears princess uses Item 1000 internally when someone selects Anniversary in the Personalizer. :cool:

And to expand on that. Here are all of the 10XX items in the Personalizer:

<span class="form-field required-field so-occasion">

<label for="special_occasion_add"><sup class="required">*</sup>Occasion</label>

<select name="special_occasion_add" id="special_occasion_add" required="required">

<option value=""></option>

<option value="1001">Birthday</option>

<option value="1002">Graduation</option>

<option value="1003">Honeymoon</option>

<option value="1004">Retirement</option>

<option value="1006">Engagement</option>

<option value="1007">Wedding</option>

<option value="1009">Reunion</option>

<option value="1010">Vow Renewal</option>

<option value="1005">Other</option>

Edited by ar1950

The anniversary package is just a quick sign on your door with balloons. If you mentioned when you booked they probably added it. .......................

Crown grill is amazing though! enjoy!

Don't forget the excellent chocolate cake for dinner in the MDR (or Crown Grill) on the night that you selected for the Anniversary date. Be sure to take your certificate that they give you when you board (or give you shortly there after).

BTW, very nice of Princess to comp a Crown Grill meal.

The princess customer service was great. Very patient. First they offered a new flight, but the times did not work for me. The second option was going to cost money, but it did work for me.

I asked for it to be covered. Was transferred to the next level of customer service and they negotiated with Delta the new flight at no cost increase to me.

For my trouble, they gave me the following gifts (Thank you Princess!). What all do you think is included? Below are the gift descriptions.

Item 6019 - Crown Grill Cover Charge

Item 1000 - Anniversary/Pax Celebrate Onboard

Glad you got an excellent service from Customer Service.

Enjoy your cruise and the package!