Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

CCHelp

13 nights TA on the NCL Bliss on January. $899 for a solo balcony, $1445 all-in with drink package. Runs Miami to Southampton, with stops in Portugal, Spain and France.

You can also choose the "free" airfare, which gives you 50% off. It was $519 from Boston. 

• Like 2

On 6/7/2024 at 7:39 PM, tdfam2 said:

I priced Seaside and it was over $900 plus tax with Voyagers discount so you got a great price. Where did you book it?

Sorry for the delay, off cruising!  I booked via MSC. But found the deal on a fruity website.

1 hour ago, jingle5616 said:

... But found the deal on a fruity website.

@jingle5616

If your hint is about CruisePlumb, don't worry. You CAN name it on the Cruise Critic boards. It is a search engine with lots of bells & whistles but is NOT a TA. If you find a cruise you want to take on their website and click More info & Book, the website takes you to the cruise lines' website for you to commence your booking. Therefore, at this time CruisePlum is not a venue by which you purchase a cruise as I mentioned before.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2024 at 12:42 PM, Host Kat said:

FYI to all reading this thread,

Numerous posts have been removed due to being off topic thread drift aka hijacking, mentioning a TA or some other source/venue for cruise purchase, and containing quotes of removed posts.

This is a friendly reminder regarding the title of this thread, "Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE". The topic is bargains offered by the CRUISE LINES only... NOT travel agents/agencies (online, brick & mortar, big box, etc.), promoters of hosted group cruises for singles/solos or any other source/venue for cruise purchase. Please see the Travel Agent Recommendations and Advertising is Not Allowed sections in the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships. In this thread, this also means no screen shots of cruise bargains from any website other than a cruise line website. 

Perhaps a copy/paste of the first post by cruisinryan on the previous thread with the same title will be helpful:

A thread for single supplement/solo bargains is very helpful for solo cruisers. 🙂

There used to be one, but it disappeared 😕 ...maybe it got too big.

So let's start another one and see what happens. 

😄 Post all those great deals everyone! 😄

But remember, you can't mention specific travel agencies, just general info like:

"Cruise line .... currently has good prices for solo occupancy on .... sailing".

Note the above states general info for cruise line, ship name and sail date are all that has been requested. Please feel free to add the itinerary or info regarding the cruise that will be helpful to those waiting with bated breath for the next bargain to appear on this thread.

And yes, there will be times where there will be the need for additional posts requesting & receiving clarification about a previous bargain posted in this thread. However, please be considerate of your fellow Cruise Critic members. Posting chit chat (off topic thread drift aka hijacking) within a thread is boring to some readers and wastes their time. Especially for the 217 members Following this thread at this time. Everyone reading this thread only wants to know about the latest CRUISE LINE single supplement bargains. This is NOT a thread for "discussion" as are other Cruise Critic threads.

I sincerely hope this will be helpful to all and thanks in advance for everyone's cooperation.

Happy sails,

Host Kat

On 5/10/2024 at 1:56 PM, Host Kat said:

Another FYI to all,

Just a friendly reminder regarding the chit chat-type posts mentioned in my previous FYI. This is NOT a thread for "discussion" as are other Cruise Critic threads. More posts have had to be removed. Please "play nice" folks!

And again, numerous OT thread drift/hijacking posts as well as posts containing quotes had to be removed. 

And again, just the general info for cruise line, ship name and sail date was all that was originally requested. I later added for all to add the itinerary or info regarding the cruise that would be helpful to those waiting with bated breath for the next bargain to appear in this thread.

And again, this is not a thread for discussion. The topic is Single Supplement/Solo Bargains offered by the CRUISE LINES. And yes, there will be times where there will be the need for additional posts requesting & receiving clarification about a previous bargain posted in this thread. That is okay in that it will help clarify the bargain for all Following this thread. This forum has many avenues for discussion on other existing threads or new threads. Just not this thread.

And again, my previous post regarding questions/comments/feedback:

On 5/10/2024 at 10:23 PM, Host Kat said:

Please note the following from the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships:

"... Discussion of the management of this community is not allowed on the forums..."

"... However, we would be happy to address any concerns you have via email.   Please write to the Community Manager at:  community@cruisecritic.com..."

"... If you have any questions or comments regarding our posting guidelines or any content found on our message boards please be sure and let me know. I'll be happy to discuss them with you.

LauraS
Senior Manager, Community
community@cruisecritic.com ..."

Please send your email with your questions/comments/feedback to LauraS, Senior Manager, Community at community@cruisecritic.com.  Also, please send the email from your current Cruise Critic email address of record and be sure to mention your Cruise Critic user name. This is so your membership can be verified, and reply sent to your current Cruise Critic email address of record. If your current Cruise Critic email address of record is not correct and needs to be updated before you send your email, please click the following: How To: Update your Cruise Critic Email Address

Happy sails to all,

Host Kat

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 6/12/2024 at 9:23 AM, alanstarr said:

13 nights TA on the NCL Bliss on January. $899 for a solo balcony, $1445 all-in with drink package. Runs Miami to Southampton, with stops in Portugal, Spain and France.

You can also choose the "free" airfare, which gives you 50% off. It was $519 from Boston. 

This had jumped way up in price, but now has come back down to almost the same amount. Balcony is currently $1029, OV $849 and Inside is $749. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/25/2024 at 3:50 AM, alanstarr said:

This had jumped way up in price, but now has come back down to almost the same amount. Balcony is currently $1029, OV $849 and Inside is $749. 

At risk of being classified discussion, can I if these rates are with or without taxes, and if/where they are still available?
I've been keeping a keen eye on the NCL website, but haven't seen the balcony come back down into the 0 single supplement range.

17 minutes ago, Mr_Indecisive said:

At risk of being classified discussion, can I if these rates are with or without taxes, and if/where they are still available?
I've been keeping a keen eye on the NCL website, but haven't seen the balcony come back down into the 0 single supplement range.

These were all direct on the NCL website. I'm guessing they're just doing some very dynamic pricing, tying to fill up a cruise that would traditionally be pretty empty (TA in January, right before dry dock).

I was lucky to pull the trigger when I did; the only reason I did was that I wanted to take advantage of the expiring double-up offer for CruiseNext. I honestly didn't expect it to jump back up so high.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

NCL Joy Sept. 2--8 days New England/Canada NYC-Quebec City 

Balcony $1136 w/ drinks, 2 specialty dining & wifi ($956 no drinks)

Ocean view $1078--drinks, 1 specialty dining & wifi ($898 no drinks)

Interior $978--drinks, 1 dinner & wifi ($798 no drinks)

(wifi is 150 min; also includes $50 shore ex credit per port--pretty good value for a solo

Was able to use 2 Cruise Next on the balcony, so actual cost $886.

(And I play MyVegas games on my phone, and got $250 more off! Nice!

Leaves won't have changed but new ship & ports for me, so I'm excited!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 6/12/2024 at 9:23 AM, alanstarr said:

After a big price jump for a couple months, this deal is back. Price is just a bit higher now - $1645 all-in for Solo Balcony, which gives access to the lounge as well. Not bad for 13-nights.

Royal cut the solo supplement on TA TP and transits. Cant say a exact price but these are super bargains. Your loyalty level and if you do group rates also affects the price. I'm already booked on the oct 2025 Panama transit at 125% solo supplement and along came a ovation late sept 2025 TP from calif to Tokyo. I'd sure have jumped on it when my TA sent a heads up if I could do 2 ships at once.

Basically if you already hit 340 pts you get 150% all the time, now you get 125% on these 3. If you are below 340 pts and paying 200% then you go to 150% on these 3. I was already at 150% and repriced at 125%. For sure I'll be booking more of these for 125%. I have the may 2025 TA from PC on voyager and the oct 2025 on radiance just too good to pass up. Prices on the transit were so cheap when it came out tbh regular balconies aere gone in 4 days or less. But spacious balconies still were a good deal on group space. I was at $100 a day and then repriced at 25% less. $86 a day? I'd have to do the math.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/17/2024 at 9:27 PM, latebuyer said:

It looks like baja sea of cortez princess nov 21st sailing has just a small single supplement.

It was $995 for me solo for 10 nights, as is an earlier sailing in November (the 21st sailing returns on Dec 1, the Sunday after Thanksgiving, so high airfares). NCL Bliss is down to $580 or so for 5 nights for a studio over Halloween (right after I paid $699, of course). For those looking longer out, I scored 5 sailings on Quantum of the Seas, overnight in Cabo, for an average of $750 for a studio cabin for 5 nts. I've also seen Navigator of the Seas have some good solo rates Dec-Feb, around $500-550 for 4 nights from LA, whereas for a year at least they've been gouging solos by charging more than double the double rate. So it looks like more ships from LA/SD/SF means more deals, especially with such ridiculous demand in the Caribbean, where I never see Princess/HAL/Celebrity 7nts under $1000. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

30 nights Tenerife to Dubai starting from just over £500 sterling (inside cabin) for a solo cruise on Costa Smeralda. I did get a discount as i am a Costa club member. 

I will bag a aft balcony for less than £1000 sterling. There are also deals to be had boarding the ship in Rome and Barcelona, although its nearly 40 nights from Rome. 

I normally embark in Barcelona but as i live in Gran Canaria it will take me just a hour to get to get to Tenerife, happy days. 

image.thumb.png.8e9010ef66ac199fb664453b10a0a190.png

• Thanks 1