Regal Oct. 22 - Which airport LGA or JFK

cmoq

I have been reading about the construction of LGA and am unsure of which airport to fly into the day before we leave Red Hook on October 22, 2016. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. We plan on coming up the day before we leave.

We'll be on Regal the week before you! I grew up in Queens and visit family there often. LGA almost always has some construction going on. IMHO it's easier to get in and out of than JFK. It is also slightly quicker to get to Red Hook from LGA than JFK (13 miles as opposed to 20). I think the main consideration is what flights you can get from your home to NY. You can most likely get better flights time-wise into LGA in time to board. Enjoy your cruise!

At the present time, LGA is in serious meltdown due to current construction projects. Reports have had people abandoning taxis out on the Grand Central Parkway and walking the last 1/2 to 1 mile to make departing flights. You'd think with it that bad, there will be quick action to improve things but you never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the present time, LGA is in serious meltdown due to current construction projects. Reports have had people abandoning taxis out on the Grand Central Parkway and walking the last 1/2 to 1 mile to make departing flights. You'd think with it that bad, there will be quick action to improve things but you never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1000% correct!!!

I have been reading about the construction of LGA and am unsure of which airport to fly into the day before we leave Red Hook on October 22, 2016. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. We plan on coming up the day before we leave.

As noted above you may want to check EWR/Newark as well.

In NY we always use a car service. No meter. ;)

Definitely avoid LGA. Take JFK or EWR.

Why don't you check flights into Newark Liberty? You can get the Princess shuttle to the pier from the airport.

OP is flying in the day before the cruise. No Princess shuttle from any airport that day unless a Princess hotel package was booked.

OP is flying in the day before the cruise. No Princess shuttle from any airport that day unless a Princess hotel package was booked.

Many of the hotels near EWR have shuttles to and from the airport. Just shuttle back to the airport the following day and pick up the Princess transfer. I would choose EWR over JFK or LGA any day of the week!

I did JFK and it was a long drive to the port, but at least traffic was moving. I'd avoid LGA for quite awhile due to the construction. They're saying it's an 8-yr. project there - yikes! :eek:

It's an 8yr project but will probably take 16yrs. Still waiting for the second ave subway in Manhattan which was started in the 1920's

Many of the hotels near EWR have shuttles to and from the airport. Just shuttle back to the airport the following day and pick up the Princess transfer. I would choose EWR over JFK or LGA any day of the week!

I always do that on all cruises where embarkation port is not near home.