Laundry

HoneyandMe

$2 wash and $2 dry, and they are tokens, not quarters.... and they supply the soap..... do not bring your own soap or detergent, it will mess things up. and cause a pollution problem for the ship and create problems. The soap provided works just fine so dont worry.

You get the washer tokens at reception and can charge to your room.. no sense in in you having to use cash.

Since Dan ran me thru spin-dry when lecturing about my Tide pods in a a previous post....

I brought and used my Tide pods on Sirena last month. And for what it's worth, the laundry on Sirena was such a huge mess that the ship's soap was available in large bulk boxes on the laundry room floor. It was just cheap Italian wash soap - no special blend. The old soap dispenser was still on the wall (though not working) and had a couple other regular US brands, so apparently not a problem on Princess....And I asked a housekeeping senior staffer, and they said no problem using my Tide pods. And my laundry got clean.

Oh, and BTW, I always bring lots of fabric softener sheets too. They are a prized commodity in the laundry.

Oh, and BTW, I always bring lots of fabric softener sheets too. They are a prized commodity in the laundry.

Tote them to the ship inside of the "extra" shoes in your luggage.

You may (as we have) start putting dryer sheets inside of your shoes on a regular basis. :D

some people are allergic to those dryer sheets so please make sure you do not leave them in the dryer when you are done

I take my dryer cloths along they are enviro friendly & no scent & reusable

45110401.jpg

Just my 2 cents

Tote them to the ship inside of the "extra" shoes in your luggage.

You may (as we have) start putting dryer sheets inside of your shoes on a regular basis. :D

I do this also, especially in my tennis shoes.

JimandStan,

I don't know how you guys know everything, but you ought to write a book of cruising tips.

I also leave fabric softener sheets in my suitcases after they are emptied, so they smell nice and fresh the next time I pack.

I do this also. I probably use more dryer sheets for these two things than actually in the dryer.

Didn't know about the dryer sheets thanks for the tip.

I always bring some of these colour catcher cloths too to save any accidents and so you can always make up a batch without using two machines

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dylon-Colour-Catcher-Prevents-Runs/dp/B01C5PDRV6/ref=pd_day0_79_8?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=3G8TVB0JHQ27TA2H8A4N

Point to consider, you spending thousands on the cruise, maybe 4 to 600 a day for the joy of being on a cruise your spend about $25 an hour for that privileged. Consider that it takes you maybe 2 hours to do laundry your self 2 loads $8 + 25+25 =$58 to do your laundry.

Send the stuff out... yes is isnt cheap but when you factor you costs in time and energy id becomes very reasonable

You could be playing triva with ORV and being astounded by his genius, Or attending an art or cooking class or sipping a martini in horizons during the same 2 hours!

There are always 2 sides of the laundry question, unless doing laundry is a serious source of pleasure and enjoyment for you. You have to give up something either money or time.

You can always get more money, but you cant ever get back more time!

Point to consider, you spending thousands on the cruise, maybe 4 to 600 a day for the joy of being on a cruise your spend about $25 an hour for that privileged. Consider that it takes you maybe 2 hours to do laundry your self 2 loads $8 + 25+25 =$58 to do your laundry.

Send the stuff out... yes is isnt cheap but when you factor you costs in time and energy id becomes very reasonable

You could be playing triva with ORV and being astounded by his genius, Or attending an art or cooking class or sipping a martini in horizons during the same 2 hours!

There are always 2 sides of the laundry question, unless doing laundry is a serious source of pleasure and enjoyment for you. You have to give up something either money or time.

You can always get more money, but you cant ever get back more time!

Makes a whole lotta sense to me! I can (and do) stay home and do laundry! :)

Does O offer specials on laundry (fill up a bag for $$, and such)? We've had this on other cruises.

Edited by nyfeds

Makes a whole lotta sense to me! I can (and do) stay home and do laundry! :)

Does O offer specials on laundry (fill up a bag for $$, and such)? We've had this on other cruises.

Some of the longer cruise like 14+ days they do

I am one that prefers to do my own laundry that way it does not get washed in hot water & dried to death

You do not have to sit by the washer all the time just check your watch against the time on the machine ...be back on time

I throw in a load go have a coffee come back throw it in the dryer & go people watch or something & come back when it is almost done

it is my personal choice though

YMMV

I have done the same, Lynn. Considering all options available. We have 5 days, pre-cruise, in NY, so no doubt laundry needs to be done, either way. I also like to hang up certain things rather than dry them ;)

Doing stuff like sox and underware is fast and easu in the good old sink as they are very expensive.. but pants and shirts come back on hangars and ironed and that is worth it... I take 3 pairs and one is always at the ships laundry 3 dress shirts too... one pair pants and shirts always out and come back as a set which is very easy to deal with...good for organization too

This way for a 21 say cruise I can pack everything in a 26 inch roller bag weight at 48 lbs... which makes travel lite and easy....emphasis on easy

They do the $20 a bag every 5 to 6 days as I recall on 7 day or longer ( thats what they did in Jan anyway.

I have done the same, Lynn. Considering all options available. We have 5 days, pre-cruise, in NY, so no doubt laundry needs to be done, either way. I also like to hang up certain things rather than dry them ;)

Yes I take a lot of wash n wear type clothing, so a quick fluff in the dryer & hang it up

we take 2 x 26" cases for 10+ days even for a month + cruises

cannot seem to get under the 35 lbs pp with all the other crap we need LOL

I guess I need to take another motorcycle trip to remind me how to pack light

:D

If they offer a bag of laundry it is usually $25 for 20 items last time I checked

Enjoy the cruise it looks great

Lyn

Yes I take a lot of wash n wear type clothing, so a quick fluff in the dryer & hang it up

we take 2 x 26" cases for 10+ days even for a month + cruises

cannot seem to get under the 35 lbs pp with all the other crap we need LOL

I guess I need to take another motorcycle trip to remind me how to pack light

:D

If they offer a bag of laundry it is usually $25 for 20 items last time I checked

Enjoy the cruise it looks great

Lyn

Thanks, Lyn (sorry I previously misspelled your name).

After years and years of travel "schlepping" I have learned, less is more! At least no more formal attire, which I always hated! :)

Yes, this cruise has a really lovely itinerary that were eager to book. And, we get to return "home" for several days prior. Once a NYer, always a NYer :)