Move over offers

blambition

Has anyone had a move over offer, or an upgrade when booked in a sold out inside cabin? Are these offers reserved only for the higher category?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Depends on the specific cruise. They make offers to "move over" passengers who are occupying space for which they are getting the most interest by prospective "new" passengers.

As an example, inside cabins are usually dead space on Alaska sailings, but are hot stuff on Trans-Oceanic and World Cruise Segments.

That said, the biggest Suites as well as the cheapest cabins available are always the first categories to sell out on ANY cruise.

Upgrades are quite rare on Oceania. You're much more likely to be offered an up-sell, but those offers are time sensitive. If you're actively hoping to move up, it's best to decide what your budget would be, so that you're in the position to grab the upsell IF one is offered to you.

Edited by JimandStan

We were just offered an upsell from a concierge veranda A3 to a Penthouse Suite PH2 on our Sept 27 cruise on Marina. It was a great deal and we snapped it up. We are very excited about our first suite. The cabin looks great.

50pg-vertical.jpgo-staterooms-3d-penthouse-sm.jpg

The Penthouses on Marina and Riviera are probably the best one room Suites at sea today. Perfect for a couple.

b_014803.jpg

LOL, and this comes from a person who can remember sailing on the Rotterdam of 1959 when One Room Suites were first introduced......:eek:

although HAL INSISTED, at that time anyway, on calling them "Cabins De Luxe, " which was later modified to "Staterooms De Luxe".

King beds were the absolute ultimate in luxury then, almost unheard of on ships at that time.

How times have changed.

We were just offered an upsell from a concierge veranda A3 to a Penthouse Suite PH2 on our Sept 27 cruise on Marina. It was a great deal and we snapped it up. We are very excited about our first suite. The cabin looks great.

We got back last night from sailing Riviera.We had the exact same offer a week before we went.I wasn't sure whether to take it but my husband said yes immediately as we were celebrating our anniversary.We absolutely loved the penthouse.Whilst it is easy to say," oh it's just a butler" or " it's just a bigger cabin" or even " who needs a lounge". Those things are there everyday plus more.It really enhanced our experience.I am not sure if we would ever pay full price for a penthouse as the other cabins look so good.( we did a little room safari with others),but on this occasion we really though it was worth a few hundred quid..

Please feel free to ask me anything about the penthouse experience...you have every right to feel excited.Its great.Happy sailing and Let us know how you get on....

We got back last night from sailing Riviera.We had the exact same offer a week before we went.I wasn't sure whether to take it but my husband said yes immediately as we were celebrating our anniversary.We absolutely loved the penthouse.Whilst it is easy to say," oh it's just a butler" or " it's just a bigger cabin" or even " who needs a lounge". Those things are there everyday plus more.It really enhanced our experience.I am not sure if we would ever pay full price for a penthouse as the other cabins look so good.( we did a little room safari with others),but on this occasion we really though it was worth a few hundred quid..

Please feel free to ask me anything about the penthouse experience...you have every right to feel excited.Its great.Happy sailing and Let us know how you get on....

Careful....they are addictive :) Happy to see you enjoyed your experience.

Careful....they are addictive :) Happy to see you enjoyed your experience.

Spent 34 days in a PH across the Pacific.... Then tried the inside, and for the value and the fact that it allows us to cruise more and longer on the same O ship , we found the compromise "rewarding" For the same fare for a PH on a 11 day cruise we were able to book 3 cruises, a 16 a 11 and a 10 !!! So beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it is possible to go down in cabins and still enjoy life and the same ship as the vista suite folks... Perspective .

I cannot disagree with that :). I personally would feel claustrophobic in an inside cabin and need to see the water. However, when we choose to go with the larger suites, we made a decision that we need to treat ourselves and live as luxuriously as we do at home. If we don't spend it, our children will be doing that when we are gone. I hope we spend it all ;-))

Yes luxury is always nice, we have done PH on Regent and O, and it is very nice. However we tried the inside for a cruise and didnt feel at all cramped or at a loss personally . Our rational was that the ship is totaly luxury and any cabin thus on the ship is part of that., Just a different position in the entire scope of things. Too, that both of us spend 98% or the day outside the cabin, whether PH or Inside that it didn't matter that much to us.

To us a cabin is really a bed a bathroom and a closet...nothing more. We used to own a sailboat so we are happy with smaller and no water views. I spent a lot of my former life on Navy ships, where everyone has an inside cabin even the captain and admiral ( on carriers)... The price differential allows us to cruise some 70 to 80 days a year vs 28... More places to see and things to do.

I am of the same mind as you on children.. we plan on spending the vast majority on fun not them. To quote my late mother, " If your lookig for a hand , you will find one at the end of your wrist" ........

I agree, you should spend what you can and get the suite you really want...it just makes for a better vacation. A lot of you say you don't spend that much time in your suite, but i enjoy all the time we do spend in the suite. Like getting up in the morning with coffee waiting for you--followed by breakfast. And when you get tried of eating out, you can have dinner in your suite the way you want it..............

I agree, you should spend what you can and get the suite you really want...it just makes for a better vacation. A lot of you say you don't spend that much time in your suite, but i enjoy all the time we do spend in the suite. Like getting up in the morning with coffee waiting for you--followed by breakfast. And when you get tried of eating out, you can have dinner in your suite the way you want it..............

Thats what I love about O, everyone has a laughing place to do that which they most enjoy.. Each in their own world happiness and contentment ... ... Yet when out of these cabins , they all seem to mingle , in harmony, unlike some class promoting lines.

O is one big happy family. without pretense or attitude...at least thats been my experience....

I've been in various cabins from an inside, Veranda, Concierge, PH to an Oceania Suite. Going in an Oceanview on Marina for the first time in January.

It's all good. It depends on the price and itinerary.