Actual embarkation times by category today on Miracle Long Beach sailing

jeepers13

Trying to comprehend the mindset....Passengers on the Miracle are receiving letters stating there isn't any checking in until 12:30....that is the earliest time available with boarding to begin at approx. 1 pm....Why would you show up at 9:30 or 11 am? You are just increasing to the madness at the terminal, which seems to be what Carnival wants to avoid....so if Carnival doesn't want you there earlier, why do it anyway? :confused:

Edited by First and Ten

It would be great if I could find a place to check my bags then go to Santa Monica Pier for the afternoon then board at 3pm. But I'm staying the night in Anaheim and will be urbering to the port so 11:00am check out and will need to figure out what to do with all the luggage..... Never mind That's not that close to the terminal. But something to do with out the luggage.

Edited by Chefaleslie

It is hard to break old habits!

Many of us have FTTF or suites or are diamond/platinum and are used to checking in early and being on board the ship before 1PM!

That is why many are saying they will try getting there before the 12:30 time to see if priority folks can check in earlier.

Edited by riffatsea

In my case Mom and Sis need to get home ASAP. (They're getting off as we get on, switching drivers). No need for them to wait until we can check in.

Some could drop off their luggage then tour the Queen Mary. It's free for Carnival passengers.

The point is no one will know until October. I will gladly report about my experience on the Miracle, October 8th as it will be the first time she will have staggered check in. The times people are getting on now are invalid since LB Durant have staggered check in.

One member of our roll call called Carnival and was told if Priority and FTTF you can check in at 11:00. Don't know the truth of that but will see. If all else I'll eat a few tacos at the port since I have to be out of the hotel by 11:00.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Edited by JLee1973

The point is no one will know until October. I will gladly report about my experience on the Miracle, October 8th as it will be the first time she will have staggered check in. The times people are getting on now are invalid since LB Durant have staggered check in.

One member of our roll call called Carnival and was told if Priority and FTTF you can check in at 11:00. Don't know the truth of that but will see. If all else I'll eat a few tacos at the port since I have to be out of the hotel by 11:00.

Just a thought, can you ask the hotel for a late checkout or did they already deny your request?

Edited by First and Ten

Just a thought, can you ask the hotel for a late checkout or did they already deny your request?

Honestly haven't asked. Like I said if I get to the port at 11:00 and can't check in which I suspect I'll eat tacos and watch the helicopters and shipping traffic. I'm on vacation I'll relax until I can check in. I love watching the water anyway.

I'm curious though how they came up with 12:30. In my past three experiences on the Miracle, even with check in at 9:00 and onboard by 11:45, they were still loading luggage at sail away time. Think this would delay sail away further.

Honestly haven't asked. Like I said if I get to the port at 11:00 and can't check in which I suspect I'll eat tacos and watch the helicopters and shipping traffic. I'm on vacation I'll relax until I can check in. I love watching the water anyway.

I'm curious though how they came up with 12:30. In my past three experiences on the Miracle, even with check in at 9:00 and onboard by 11:45, they were still loading luggage at sail away time. Think this would delay sail away further.

Long Beach is like the Girl with a Curl--'When it's good, it's very, very good. But when it's bad, it's horrid"

Many times we've arrived at 11:30 and onboard by noon (Platinum). In January there were a few cruises where it all went sideways and boarding didn't start until almost one. Our Journeys MR cruise hit the trifecta of complete Coast Guard Inspection, Crew Immigration Check and Rain. Adding to the misery was 700+ Diamonds and Platinums.

Arriving a bit later will be OK for those parking. It was always a cluster between 9-10 with pax trying to enter and exit the parking structure.

I've read very good reviews about the food truck.

It is hard to break old habits!

Many of us have FTTF or suites or are diamond/platinum and are used to checking in early and being on board the ship before 1PM!

That is why many are saying they will try getting there before the 12:30 time to see if priority folks can check in earlier.

Not to mention the fact that Carnival explicitly states in their new policy that "Guests who are part of our Priority Program (Diamond, Platinum and Suites), have purchased transfers with Carnival or 'Faster to the Fun' must still select a window online so we can prepare onboard, but are invited to come at their leisure".

So the 12:30 time is really not applicable to us Diamonds/Platinums. Although we must select a check-in 'window' when we complete our onboard paperwork (ours is 12:30-1:00pm for our November sailing), it doesn't mean anything, as we can still show up at anytime, including before 12:30. ;) :)

Edited by KroozNut

When's your cruise? Staggered check in doesn't start til October. If your cruises before it starts, check in starts at 9:30.

My understanding is that this doesn't start until 10/6. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. In case I am, go to the check in page. Under dining assignment will be staggered check in. Edit online check in to choose your time.

My cruise is Oct 1st; from what I'm reading, the Miracle starts the program Oct 8th.

I was able to choose my check in time on 2 of my next 3 cruises, it's not yet open for the Magic :)

Edited by LibratPDX

So the 12:30 time is really not applicable to us Diamonds/Platinums. Although we must select a check-in 'window' when we complete our onboard paperwork (ours is 12:30-1:00pm for our November sailing), it doesn't mean anything, as we can still show up at anytime, including before 12:30. ;) :)

and Suites and FTTF, don't forget FTTF

Short cruises are a good bargain, but adding a few extras can double the cost (excursions, for example, cost the same no matter the length of the cruise, so are a higher percentage of the total cost on short cruises.). We usually cruise In cheapest cabin with which we are comfortable. For us, that's a porthole. On short cruises we are busy enough that extras such as excursions and a balcony are not worth it for us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by simplelife

Priority Checkin allows you to check in anytime you want, we get that. Long Beach has gone to later checkin times where the first slot is now going to be 12 or 12:30. If that is the first checkin time, why would someone show up at 10:30 or 11? Is the Long Beach terminal parking lot that big of a sightseeing destination that needs 1 - 1.5 hrs to fully see and appreciate? :rolleyes:

Edited by First and Ten

Priority Checkin allows you to check in anytime you want, we get that. Long Beach has gone to later checkin times where the first slot is now going to be 12 or 12:30. If that is the first checkin time, why would someone show up at 10:30 or 11? Is the Long Beach terminal parking lot that big of a sightseeing destination that needs 1 - 1.5 hrs to fully see and appreciate? :rolleyes:

Really can't answer for non-priority folks, as to why they would choose to show up earlier than their assigned check-in times. Carnival has clearly stated that guests will be turned away if they do that. :o ;)

The point I was making though is that as Platinums, if we decide that we want to show up and check-in say at 11:00am (even though our 'assigned' check-in window is 12:30-1:00pm), we can do that. So the new rules don't apply to us.. :p :D

Really can't answer for non-priority folks, as to why they would choose to show up earlier than their assigned check-in times. Carnival has clearly stated that guests will be turned away if they do that. :o ;)

The point I was making though is that as Platinums, if we decide that we want to show up and check-in say at 11:00am (even though our 'assigned' check-in window is 12:30-1:00pm), we can do that. So the new rules don't apply to us.. :p :D

The letter is indicating that the terminal isn't opening until 12:30. That is the first "checkin" time....I get Priority Boarders (Dia/Plat/Suite/FTTF) get to board whenever they want, but if the first opportunity to checkin is 12:30, why would you show up at 11? I do know at some ports, there is a separate building for checking in for Dia/Plats. In that case, if they are open at 11, I can understand showing up at that time. My question is if the first person walking thru the terminal doors isnt until 12:30, why would you show up at 11? To go sightseeing in the parking lot?

Edited by First and Ten

The letter is indicating that the terminal isn't opening until 12:30. That is the first "checkin" time....I get Priority Boarders (Dia/Plat/Suite/FTTF) get to board whenever they want, but if the first opportunity to checkin is 12:30, why would you show up at 11? I do know at some ports, there is a separate building for checking in for Dia/Plats. In that case, if they are open at 11, I can understand showing up at that time. My question is if the first person walking thru the terminal doors isnt until 12:30, why would you show up at 11? To go sightseeing in the parking lot?

Long Beach (our departure port in Nov) has the exact arrangement for check-in that you describe. Priority folks go to a different location for check-in, which I understand does not wait until 12:30 to open, hence our opportunity to check in earlier (as we plan to do) than non-priority folks whose first opportunity is 12:30.

That being said, I totally agree with you as to why a non-priority guest would even think about showing up prior to their assigned check-in time.. only to be promptly turned away at the terminal by Carnival staff. But I can almost guarantee you there will still be those that try to do it!

Long Beach (our departure port in Nov) has the exact arrangement for check-in that you describe. Priority folks go to a different location for check-in, which I understand does not wait until 12:30 to open, hence our opportunity to check in earlier (as we plan to do) than non-priority folks whose first opportunity is 12:30.

That being said, I totally agree with you as to why a non-priority guest would even think about showing up prior to their assigned check-in time.. only to be promptly turned away at the terminal by Carnival staff. But I can almost guarantee you there will still be those that try to do it!

One small correction if I may, and I could be wrong at Long Beach....At many ports, Carnival isn't in charge of the security, it is the Port Authority, which are typically state/county employees, not employees of the cruise lines

as far as would people show up, oh heck yea....I am willing to bet the FTTF "Firsties" will start lining up at around 9:30 and then argue with the PA security "I have FTTF, that lets me board whenever I want"....it will take awhile to get the concept that the terminal doesn't OPEN until 12:30

Edited by First and Ten

One small correction if I may, and I could be wrong at Long Beach....At many ports, Carnival isn't in charge of the security, it is the Port Authority, which are typically state/county employees, not employees of the cruise lines

For security I think you're right, the port authority manages that. But I do believe that the cruise line has complete control of when they begin the check-in process, which is why (at least at Long Beach); and I've heard from a friend that Galveston is very similar, Carnival can allow Priority guests to check in earlier than others.

The Diamond/Platinum/Suite lounge is outside the Dome in Long Beach. FTTF has been a separate line either outside during early checkin or inside after the doors open.

Any idea how late staggered checkin effects Weddings?

Edited by SadieN

Long Beach is like the Girl with a Curl--'When it's good, it's very, very good. But when it's bad, it's horrid"

Many times we've arrived at 11:30 and onboard by noon (Platinum). In January there were a few cruises where it all went sideways and boarding didn't start until almost one. Our Journeys MR cruise hit the trifecta of complete Coast Guard Inspection, Crew Immigration Check and Rain. Adding to the misery was 700+ Diamonds and Platinums.

Arriving a bit later will be OK for those parking. It was always a cluster between 9-10 with pax trying to enter and exit the parking structure.

I've read very good reviews about the food truck.

I love the food truck there. I boarded the Imagination the day before you MR Journeys cruise and was on by 11:45. Funny same port, one day difference with a different result.

I have a question? So when is this actually suppose to take an effect? I sail on the Miracle on Oct 1st. I did not pick a time to check in, but I look and it gave me the 1 to 3 time frame. :mad: I like to check in early and then go to the Queen Mary. Am I not able to do that now? :confused:

I have a question? So when is this actually suppose to take an effect? I sail on the Miracle on Oct 1st. I did not pick a time to check in, but I look and it gave me the 1 to 3 time frame. :mad: I like to check in early and then go to the Queen Mary. Am I not able to do that now? :confused:

Tammie, it officially starts the day we disembark, the 1-3 time frame is apparently showing for ships without the staggered check in program, it's not enforced.

Q: When should I arrive at the terminal?

A: You must arrive at the cruise terminal within the 30 minute check-in window you selected. Check-in windows will be strictly enforced so that we can minimize wait times in the terminal.

Guests who are part of our Priority Program (Diamond, Platinum and suites), have purchased transfers with Carnival or 'Faster to the Fun' must still select a window online, but are invited to come at their leisure, up to one (1) hour prior to sailing - please select your anticipated check-in time so that we can prepare for your arrival onboard. Please keep in mind that transfers and Faster to the Fun may not be available for all sailings. Departure times can be found on your boarding pass.