Beverage Package? Buy Today!!

RAC630

Hello all. I just got off the phone with Royal and it is true that starting tomorrow the beverage packages will change. The ultimate and premium packages are being combined into the new Deluxe Package. The cost of the new package is $55 per day. I just purchased the Premium package for $44. If you are cruising soon and are considering buying a beverage package, you could save some money if you purchase it today.

Hello all. I just got off the phone with Royal and it is true that starting tomorrow the beverage packages will change. The ultimate and premium packages are being combined into the new Deluxe Package. The cost of the new package is $55 per day. I just purchased the Premium package for $44. If you are cruising soon and are considering buying a beverage package, you could save some money if you purchase it today.

Here is one of several running threads on the subject:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2397588

What you purchased was tomorrow's price today. The site showed 20% off, but the final price today is what you will pay tomorrow. 20% off of $55 is $44. The price today should have been $44 or $46 less 20%. I just got off Oasis on Saturday and those were the prices offered.

What you purchased was tomorrow's price today. The site showed 20% off, but the final price today is what you will pay tomorrow. 20% off of $55 is $44. The price today should have been $44 or $46 less 20%. I just got off Oasis on Saturday and those were the prices offered.

The new package is $55 but it may not be on sale tomorrow.

Also, the price is not consistent on different ships. Last week I purchased the Premium package for my husband and I for our November cruise on the Anthem. The 20 % off sale price was $47/day, not $44.

If they do offer it tomorrow at 20% off, at $44/day then I will call to change. Hey, that's $21 p/p less. lol. But I'm glad it's more unified now, and still a good buy.

It's been $44/20% off for as long as I can remember. So, I assume higher prices as of tomorrow.

Correct. But tomorrow it will be $55 less 20% for a net of $44 (+ 18% of course).. Today should have been the old price, but alas, not to be.

Correct. But tomorrow it will be $55 less 20% for a net of $44 (+ 18% of course).. Today should have been the old price, but alas, not to be.

OH! I did not know that. Where did you read that tomorrow it will be $55 less 20% for a net of $44 (+18%) ??? I did not read that anywhere, am I missing some information? I do not see that anywhere....Thanks!

Well I'm disappointed. I'm a big fan of the Select Package since I only drink beer. I'll be less likely to buy a package now. :(

Metal Man is with you, he has the select for our upcoming Oasis, he is not sure he will get a package for the Majesty in January.

By the way, how have you been? Hope to catch up with you sometime.

Just curious but the original 20 percent off wasn't offered on every itinerary so what makes you think it will be offered tomorrow on every ship?

I paid today's price yesterday, you can pay today's price today, which may or may not be tomorrow's price. You may be able to pay today's price tomorrow, which would of course make it tomorrow's price, but who knows?

Just curious but the original 20 percent off wasn't offered on every itinerary so what makes you think it will be offered tomorrow on every ship?

It was on the Oasis and Allure and still is on the Oasis and Allure. And those were the only ships I was talking about.

I actually just logged onto my cruise planner for our November cruise and it is still offering the old packages...at the 20% off rate.

Mine as well. I was looking to see what the deal would really be and I'm still getting the old packages and the 20% off. I wonder if anyone is seeing the new packages yet.

What will happen if i already purchased the select package months ago for my November cruise? What will I be receiving when I step on board in November?

Thanks in advance

They will still honor the terms of the Select package you purchased.

Mine as well. I was looking to see what the deal would really be and I'm still getting the old packages and the 20% off. I wonder if anyone is seeing the new packages yet.

Our 2017 Oasis sailing is showing the new Deluxe package at $46 pp/pd plus 18%... total $760. It says "20% off".

Pondering the value of buying now. Previously, the ultimate was in the neighborhood of $55 pp/pd. Hate to pay for this now, given its a year away. But, if the price bounces back to $55+, that's a pretty good nugget of money.

Any idea what they mean by "until it's depleted" Assume that means they will honor until all that purchased have sailed???

That's the way I interpret it, but until we get some actual feedback from cruisers, it's hard to know for sure.

I paid today's price yesterday, you can pay today's price today, which may or may not be tomorrow's price. You may be able to pay today's price tomorrow, which would of course make it tomorrow's price, but who knows?

Why sir, I'd gladly pay you a premium package today for a deluxe package tomorrow! :D

:eek: