average age of cruisers in October

mynameisnotseth

if you're looking for people more in the 28 yr old age range, a 5 day cruise would be a better bet than a 7 day. shorter cruises attract a younger demographic than longer (time off work, cost, etc. are some factors)

that said, on any cruise, i've always met people around my age (i've been and still am roughly around your age range + a few years). i'd say the most 'people around my age' i encountered was on a 5 day out of miami late september... however, the 'most active' 'people around my age' was probably splendor 8 day out of new york in january - we'd see most of them every night lol.

go for the shorter cruise if you want the max of that demographic though.

Edited by falkcor

Hi Not Seth

I think the cruise line you choose will be more of a factor than how long the cruise is.

Carnival will attract more of a younger crowd than lets say a HAL or Celebrity al the time. If you stick with Carnival just find a cruise that you want to go on because of the normal things like price, itinerary, and your interests. I am sure you will find many people in you age group. The only question is whether you find people that you can have fun with. It is commonly felt that shorter cruises will attract more people who are looking to "party". The reality is that nobody knows for sure who will be on the ship...except...if school is out you will have more kids.

If a 7 day cruise fits you best, go on it.

have a great cruise

We have cruised in October several times and we are doing it again. The price and my work schedule attract us to them. We were your age when we first started cruising together (dw and I). Yes, the crowd is a little older and the dance club is usually dead. But most of the other venues are usually packed. The piano bar is something we enjoy on land and sea. The late night pool deck party is pretty good too. If you want a spring break party you won't find it, but there will still be a party somewhere.

I'm 28. I'm hoping to meet a few people on the cruise who are around that age. Would it be smarter to take a five day cruise or a seven day cruise. I'll be leaving out of New Orleans on October 23rd. I'm use to cruising in May, June, and July. Thanks in advanced.

DH and I sailed out of New Orleans on NCL Jewel The week of Oct. 23rd in 2013 for our 25th anniversary. It seemed that most of the passengers were late 40's to early 60's couples without kids....just like us.

My vote is for the 5 day, the 7 day cruise seemed more families the 3 day cruise was more of a party boat and the 12 day cruise well let's just say we had to make our own party and hang out with the bar tenders because no one else was our age group (ok maybe 5 other people in our age group lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We went on a cruise out of NOLA in October a couple of years ago and there were plenty of people our age (30s). I believe it was a 5 day. We have taken several 7 day cruises from NOLA on Carnival and found people our age as well. The only cruise that we had trouble finding people our age was Celebrity.

I'm 28. I'm hoping to meet a few people on the cruise who are around that age. Would it be smarter to take a five day cruise or a seven day cruise. I'll be leaving out of New Orleans on October 23rd. I'm use to cruising in May, June, and July. Thanks in advanced.

Older then those months.

What is booked for the 23rd??

I am 28 and my sister is 26. We are doing a 7 day western on the magic leaving on 10/22. Flying to Florida isn't worth it for a 5 day, in fact we are doing a day at Disney in addition to the cruise.

We don't have to work around school schedules. We didn't want to risk my sister not getting the time off in the summer (she is low on the totem pole, in fact we booked right before she started negotiating at her new job and told them she already had vacation planned). Plus the price was right, why cruise in the expensive weeks where schools are off unless you have to?

I'm 29, wife 28, niece is 25. We are cruising in October...albeit with our kids and our parents, too but still.

I've always been afraid of having enough people my own age on board. In the end, it never matters to me. I meet so many people from so many demographics that I just stop worrying about. I'll find friends no matter how young or old they are.