Resolutions Dept no help

Regarding the purchase of beverage package.

Brandy & Rod

Sent from my iPhone

Please explain in more detail. One of us should be able to direct you to the proper department. Have you cruised yet? Or, is this after your cruise? What happened that you needed to get a hold of the Resolution Department?

Rick

I have not cruised yet. Just need to know who/what department I can contact when resolutions department can't/wont help be of help. Is there another department to contact?

Brandy & Rod

Sent from my iPhone

Can you relate your exact problem? ( ie......I ordered the beverage package, and now I want to cancel it, but RCCL won't let me). You are being quite vague about your issue.

Rick

I have not cruised yet. Just need to know who/what department I can contact when resolutions department can't/wont help be of help. Is there another department to contact?

Brandy & Rod

Sent from my iPhone

so you obviously won't share your problem and resolutions won't give you the answer you want

Wanting to purchasing and not allowing me to purchase.

Brandy & Rod

Sent from my iPhone

Are you trying to purchase a package that has been discontinued? New package bundles were released today. May just be an issue as they load up + it is a holiday. I'm not sure I'd expect resolutions to be fully staffed on a holiday weekend.

they literally just changed the packages. what used to be an option yesterday is no longer an option today. furthermore any sales on pre purchasing also have end dates, or are limited to certain sailings.

so unless you get specific, chances are no one can help you.

you can always buy packages once on board.

As mentioned new drink packages have been introduced effective 06Sep. Some existing packages will no long be available for sale. (Eg Select package)

If you've tried to purchase a discontinued package this may be why you 'cannot' buy it and not sure anyone at resolutions can help other than explain the new offerings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The packages come out tomorrow, sounds like they want to purchase today and still should be able to, no? Anyway I have no answer as I find the resolution department essentially useless. Having worked in a resolution department for many years, niceness helps as does persistence.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

When trying to purchase a package today resolutions department stated I should be able to purchase and they do not understand why I can't. They stated package will change as of tomorrow but that I should be able to purchase what I want to today. Since they have no idea why I can't due to "the system being down" I would just have to take what is offered as of tomorrow. She stayed others have purchased today but I could not and there was nothing she could do. Does not make sense to me.

Brandy & Rod

Sent from my iPhone

When trying to purchase a package today resolutions department stated I should be able to purchase and they do not understand why I can't. They stated package will change as of tomorrow but that I should be able to purchase what I want to today. Since they have no idea why I can't due to "the system being down" I would just have to take what is offered as of tomorrow. She stayed others have purchased today but I could not and there was nothing she could do. Does not make sense to me.

Brandy & Rod

Sent from my iPhone

What happens if you try to purchase it online?

The packages come out tomorrow, sounds like they want to purchase today and still should be able to, no? Anyway I have no answer as I find the resolution department essentially useless. Having worked in a resolution department for many years, niceness helps as does persistence.

True! I'm in OZ and it's 06Sep already!! But yes expect the policy change to take effect via US time.

Just guessing really as OP hasn't given any detail, and it seems strange to 'not' be able to purchase a drink package unless someone in the booking is underage or it is somehow related to confusion (back to resolutions team!!) around the new drink packages.

it might be worth waiting for the long weekend in the US to pass then trying them again and ask to speak to a supervisor if needed.

I agree with previous poster, they will likely be on skeleton crew over the long weekend and knowing how great RCI are with internal communications some may have the wrong end of the bat :-) as to correct info.

In all my calls they did offer to sell me a package over the phone so they should be able to do that. I wanted to upgrade my select package which they would not do. You should be able to buy it on the phone if the crappy website won't work.

True! I'm in OZ and it's 06Sep already!! But yes expect the policy change to take effect via US time.

Just guessing really as OP hasn't given any detail, and it seems strange to 'not' be able to purchase a drink package unless someone in the booking is underage or it is somehow related to confusion (back to resolutions team!!) around the new drink packages.

it might be worth waiting for the long weekend in the US to pass then trying them again and ask to speak to a supervisor if needed.

I agree with previous poster, they will likely be on skeleton crew over the long weekend and knowing how great RCI are with internal communications some may have the wrong end of the bat :-) as to correct info.

D'oh! Sorry. I'm in the country of Texas so not aware there are people elsewhere, hehehe. Sorry about that, stupid of me.

I am in the states also. Online would not let me purchase. Support staff stated I should be able to purchase but for some unknown reason I can't and they stated there is nothing I nor they can due other than wait for new rates/packages tomorrow. No alcohol packages request both traveling are well over 21.

Brandy & Rod

Sent from my iPhone