Kids & Room Keys?

NotACruiserYet

Ok... first time taking the kids along on a cruise. I always keep my roomkey in my "other wallet", but that's not going to work for the boy and for the 10 year old girl. ;) How do your kids keep track of theirs? I don't want them to have a lanyard around their necks or wrists on the waterslides.

Not sure how old the boy is, but until recently (our son is now 11), there was very little reason for him to have his card. My wife or I would generally hold on to it for him.

Even now, when we are all together (which is most of the time) then we usually keep it for him.

Edited by KeithJenner

Put them in your other wallet while they're on the water attractions?

Ha! That's kind of what I figured... but he'll be 16 and will probably be roaming the ship with his cousins and not with me all the time. Will want him to have access to whatever drinks, etc that they want without having to track me down. I was just wondering if anyone else had any other means of carrying them.

Unless they are roaming about on their own, there is no need for them to control their key. If they will be with you, then YOU keep it! A lanyard or a wrist band thing could work, too. I wouldn't let a 10 year old out and about on her own...so she'd have no need to carry her key.

If all they need is room access, you can get extra room keys from the front desk once onboard. These will not have any charging ability, they simply open the room. If they happen to loose them, well there is no room number on them and they can't be used to charge anything so it is no big deal.

As for the kids carrying them, I have not taken kids that young with me on a cruise. :D

I would not want them to have either a neck or wrist lanyard anywhere near the water.

Unless they are roaming about on their own, there is no need for them to control their key. If they will be with you, then YOU keep it! A lanyard or a wrist band thing could work, too. I wouldn't let a 10 year old out and about on her own...so she'd have no need to carry her key.

Don't they have to have their key to check in to kids club? I know they do on RCCL and they even give you the lanyard.I just can not recall when dropping off GD. My kids ,since 9 ,have worn lanyards. It allows them to get drinks or go to the arcade. if they go on waterslides they will still have shoes and a towel, they will just put all their stuff together. Your 16 year old will need his key to check himself in and out of entourage.