best grits ever on Carib P

tml1230

ok, not anywhere near as important as being underdressed on formal night in the ding room, chair hogging….. or people pushing at the elevators etc. but how can one ship …in this case the caribbean princess….. prepare PERFECT grits at breakfast in the buffet EVERY time…..on our past 26 cruises with princess their presentation of grits in the horizon court have has been generally dismal to poor. How come the whole fleet can't get it right like the carib p??

14 days into a 29 day cruise i am happy to report that the service remains outstanding,the food good and the ship remains in fine shape. This is a B2B and and the folks who disembarked in Southampton are sorely missed…many many upbeat, happy, humorous and considerate folks on the British Isles portion and we wish you were all still here….

Some of the folks who joined the ship for the crossing to New York are ……different …., maybe its just me…but the tone is definitely louder, less considerate very self focused and really different than the last group….no doubt some of these current passengers would complain if you gave them cadillac…bitching that it should have been a mercedes benz

based of the makeup of my fellow cruisers currently, i am really pleased to have the sip and sail option...

i was really lowering my exceptions of this cruise based on some past reviews but for any of you joining the Carib p. in the near future, all is well. fine ship…. and great crew.

For an uneducated Aussie please tell me what are GRITS :confused:

Grits are corn (maize in Oz) that is treated with an alkali and then ground. When boiled, it creates a dish similar to polenta.

I prefer my grits stiff, with butter and real Maple syrup, and over easy eggs to mix in. (Southern Maine grits :D)

ok, not anywhere near as important as being underdressed on formal night in the ding room, chair hogging….. or people pushing at the elevators etc. but how can one ship …in this case the caribbean princess….. prepare PERFECT grits at breakfast in the buffet EVERY time…..on our past 26 cruises with princess their presentation of grits in the horizon court have has been generally dismal to poor. How come the whole fleet can't get it right like the carib p??

14 days into a 29 day cruise i am happy to report that the service remains outstanding,the food good and the ship remains in fine shape. This is a B2B and and the folks who disembarked in Southampton are sorely missed…many many upbeat, happy, humorous and considerate folks on the British Isles portion and we wish you were all still here….

Some of the folks who joined the ship for the crossing to New York are ……different …., maybe its just me…but the tone is definitely louder, less considerate very self focused and really different than the last group….no doubt some of these current passengers would complain if you gave them cadillac…bitching that it should have been a mercedes benz

based of the makeup of my fellow cruisers currently, i am really pleased to have the sip and sail option...

i was really lowering my exceptions of this cruise based on some past reviews but for any of you joining the Carib p. in the near future, all is well. fine ship…. and great crew.

We will be on CB in October for her repositioning from Canada to Florida. Alas, I am not a grit lover. What grits are to you, hash is to me. Every cruise we have taken on the Royal and most recently on the Grand there has been a nice variety of hash in the morning (corned beef, of course, salmon, turkey and even the other white meat pork) done extremely well. Here's hoping.

I know what you mean about each group being different on each cruise. It becomes rather obvious on a back to back. But then sometimes people behave so badly that it makes me look civil. We seldom let other people's behavior get in the way of our enjoyment of a cruise.

Your post is appreciated.

Grits are corn (maize in Oz) that is treated with an alkali and then ground. When boiled, it creates a dish similar to polenta.

I prefer my grits stiff, with butter and real Maple syrup, and over easy eggs to mix in. (Southern Maine grits :D)

Grits are made from hominy. Although made from corn, it tastes nothing like it. Southerners have always eaten it, usually at breakfast. Several years ago it became trendy, resulting in dishes such as cheddar grits, shrimp and grits. Northerners generally do not eat grits, preferring hash browns with their eggs.