Can full suites get 3-for-free promotions?

Go-Bucks!

I have a full suite booked and it qualifies for the new promotion. I called my usually-great TA and she called Princess to refare me. She called me back and said that Princess told her that full suites don't qualify!

I know suites don't qualify for the room upgrade, but the wording in the rules for free gratuities lists how much they pay for suites so surely suites can get the obc and free tips.

Anyone gotten this promotion for a suite?

The fine print indicates: Offer has limited space regardless of cabin availability

It could be that there isn't space available for the cruise you've selected. You might want to try a mock booking on your own to confirm that though.

They sure do! I just re-fared our Vista Suite (which could be upgraded, as it is the lowest level suite - except our is marked NO!) We booked early just to get this suite! But yes, free gratuities and OBC!

Happy Sailing!!

I called Princess myself and the rep said that "yes, suites can get the promotion." I called my TA back and told her what they told me and she said she'll call again and get me refared and into the promotion.

We booked quite awhile ago but only 2 suites have been booked so far, so it isn't that they're all gone. The cruise is still 14 mo. away but doesn't seem to be selling well. We have an Owner's suite on the Regal so no upgrade would be possible even if it were allowed. We just want the OBC and free gratuities.

Edited by Go-Bucks!

I just booked an Owner's Suite on Pacific Princess and received $300 onboard credit (17 day cruise) and free prepaid gratuities. There could be no upgrade because there is nothing to upgrade to. And you can't get an Owner's Suite at a Penthouse Suite price.

I just called Princess myself. Owner's Suites on our 18-night Pacific Princess sailing have been sold out for months so I was told that it is NOT eligible for the current promotion, plus the price has gone UP since we booked it on opening day.

That is fine with me because I plan to transfer it to a TA that will give us 8% of the cruise fare as OBC.

I just compared our Vista 10 day cruise from San Francisco to Alaska. We qualify for the three for free, but when I calculated the promotions from our original booking with the sip and sail (we took OBC instead of the drink card) to the three for free, it was a wash. for us, with the sip and sail, we'll pay our gratuities from the OBC, and then have less non-refundable money left that we have to spend on the ship. We sometimes end up with more non-refundable OBC than we can use since we don't drink or take excursions since we've been to the ports so many times...

My daughter is in an inside on a 15 day Panama Canal cruise, and going with the three for free saves her several hundred dollars. Bottom line: take the time to calculate the benefits to see which deal works better.

I called Princess directly regarding my suite for a 12-day BI cruise, and got the 2 for Free promotion:D

The fine print says quite plainly, Upgrade offer excludes select categories, including but not limited to premium categories and suites.

Anyway, that means that my Vista Suite does not qualify for an upgrade to a Penthouse or Owner's Suite, darn. But it does mean that I can get the pre-paid gratuities ($334.80) and $200 OBC.

I did have to give up my AIBPx2 which was "worth" substantially more, but DH doesn't drink alcohol at all, and i will have mostly sodas and coffee. For a lot less, we can get two coffee cards and maybe 1 or 2 Soda Only packages and be perfectly happy. The BI cruise has a lot of port days, and we really would not have realized the full value of of the AIBP.

The only weird part was that the Princess rep kept asking me, Are you sure you want to do this? Seriously, she must have asked 10 times in a 10-minute call.

I'm really disappointed in my TA's answer today. She said that our cruise has increased in price so that more than cancels out the OBC and free gratuities "deal!" :mad:

This is the SECOND time that this has happened to us!!!! Cruiselines do a "bait-and-switch" deal; up the cruise fare then give perks that are worth less than the increase so no one will benefit from it . . . . well, except for them. :rolleyes:

Edited by Go-Bucks!

I have four cruises booked and my category suites are sold out. Received the drink package months ago and since they are long cruises, it doesn't pay to switch and just get the obc and gratuities.

I really haven't been happy with Princess the past years since they keep eliminating suite perks. And I am ready to switch lines. A friend is on Cunard right now and very please. Everyone get free internet.

I do have one other non suite cruise booked. And did get a great the 3 for free deal. Still makes me mad that suites don't get the deals that the other cabins get. Starting to think Princess suites aren't worth the cost anymore.

I have four cruises booked and my category suites are sold out. Received the drink package months ago and since they are long cruises, it doesn't pay to switch and just get the obc and gratuities.

We don't drink alcohol, so not interested in a drink package. But OBC and free tips are great.

Starting to think Princess suites aren't worth the cost anymore.

We tried Celebrity suite, but they are WAY overpriced and even fewer perks than Princess. No laundry (or laundrettes)!

Edited by Go-Bucks!