Jogging around QM2's Deck 7

BoisDore

I saw this question asked in another forum and the many replies lacked clear answers but were abundant with snark. Hopefully you can help:

Is there a prescribed direction around which to jog QM2's promenade deck? Clockwise or anti/counter clockwise?

Related- I heard mentioned that jogging was either discouraged or prohibited after a certain hour. Can anyone shed light on that for me?

Here's a clear answer to the first question: no. Nothing is prescribed and one can progress round it either way. There may be a "traditional way" but everyone can exercise free will. There will be people going in both directions and it is the responsibility of all, whether jogging or walking at a different pace to others, to be suitably considerate.

The FAQ section of the Cunard website gives some advice.

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/fleet/run_jog

I believe anti-clockwise is the norm but not compulsory.

M-AR

Thanks, M-AR. For all that times I've clicked through the FAQ I must have either missed that or glossed over it.

Here's a clear answer to the first question: no. Nothing is prescribed and one can progress round it either way. There may be a "traditional way" but everyone can exercise free will. There will be people going in both directions and it is the responsibility of all, whether jogging or walking at a different pace to others, to be suitably considerate.

Indeed. If only people were so considerate in hallways, elevators, subways... ;)

On most ships it is customary to walk or jog counter-0clockwise around the promenade deck. A few passengers do walk and jog clockwise and others might go the clockwise if they are just trying to get from point A to point B.

Best answer.

I believe there is a set hour, when jogging can begin, because there can be noise generated that disturbs balcony cabins on deck 6--- but I can't remember what that time is.

Similar to comments about consideration of others on the promenade when jogging, the time one jogs should also be considered, remembering people trying to sleep in cabins below.

Happy Sailing to All !!!!

I believe there is a set hour, when jogging can begin, because there can be noise generated that disturbs balcony cabins on deck 6--- but I can't remember what that time is.

Similar to comments about consideration of others on the promenade when jogging, the time one jogs should also be considered, remembering people trying to sleep in cabins below.

The real problem on the QM2 are aggressive joggers, who literally push and bump elderly and disabled people out of their way on either end of the ship where it narrows. I am a runner but not so rude as to think I am going to run full tilt on the QM2 at 11AM therefore content myself with walking while on a TA. During dinner time the promenade deck is much emptier but on nice days quite packed at times.

We are going on the QM2 next week for the transatlantic crossing. As we will be in a cabin on deck 6 how noisy will it be if there are people jogging above us? It's something I have been worrying about but it's too late to move now. We will be in a sheltered balcony cabin if that makes any difference.

Looking forward to it nevertheless as you all seem so enthusiastic about Cunard.

We are going on the QM2 next week for the transatlantic crossing. As we will be in a cabin on deck 6 how noisy will it be if there are people jogging above us? It's something I have been worrying about but it's too late to move now. We will be in a sheltered balcony cabin if that makes any difference.

Looking forward to it nevertheless as you all seem so enthusiastic about Cunard.

We are on deck 6 also and I have been wondering about noise from the promenade and the lounge above.

We booked through Cunard and were assured we would not have any problems!

I'll try to tread softly on M619 ;)

We are on deck 6 also and I have been wondering about noise from the promenade and the lounge above.

We booked through Cunard and were assured we would not have any problems!

I was in cabin 6036 recently - only very rarely did I hear a jogger.....when I went up to look I saw swarms of walkers and joggers and heard nothing ...A heavy footed jogger may make a sound.

My room was very quiet...would not hesitate to book deck 6 again.

Every morning water would flow down the windows making a weird noise when they washed down deck 7, but while noticeable, it was not bothersome.

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin