Inside (P326) on Plaza Deck of Caribbean Princess

AryMay

I've been reading every post I can find on the inside cabins near the art gallery on the Caribbean Princess. (I've also read many posts pertaining to these cabins on the Emerald, Ruby, etc.)

I read that some people say these are the best cabins ever...close to the IC and entertainment in the Piazza, quiet, only one flight of stairs to climb when returning from ports, etc.

Then I've also read other posts that say never again would they book cabins in this location due to loud noises from thrusters, doors in the hull being opened for the pilots to board, noise from art being taken down/put up, and even poor ventilation in the cabins.

Arghhhhh! :confused: We have booked cabin #P326 for a Caribbean cruise thinking it was a good choice...now I am second-guessing myself and wondering if we should choose a different cabin.

The only other comparable Princess ship we have been on was the Emerald Princess and we had a cabin on the Riviera Deck near the door to the Terrace Pool. We liked the ease of getting outside and close proximity to the buffet, but did not like the strong vibration in the room.

I would love to hear opinions from anyone who has stayed in P326 or any of the other inside cabins near the art gallery specifically on the Caribbean Princess.

Oh...and one other question...is the doorway leading from the hallway by P326 out to the Piazza accessible by guests...or is this strictly for crew working in the IC? The deck plan is different than what I see on the Emerald, for example.

Thanks so much for any help or advice. I tend to stress out over things like this and I think I am starting to drive my husband crazy with my indecisiveness.

We stayed in P326 on the Emerald and our friends had P319. We both were happy with our choices.. Loved being that close to the IC and like you said, it was only one floor up after excursions. Occasionally we heard some sort of noise, mechanical? but not a lot. I would stay in that area again.

We had an inside cabin many years ago on ( I think) Diamond Princess and the only problem was during very rough weather, one night, a painting was banging against the wall. We however still enjoyed the trip and would not hesitate to book a cabin in this area.

I've stayed twice in this location. Once on the Sapphire, but further forward and this last time on the Ruby in that exact cabin.

There was lots of noise on the Sapphire in the more forward cabin (thrusters? stabilizers?). But, E326 on the Ruby was not noisy at all.

It's a very convenient location. And yes, we used the door at the end of the hall as did several other passengers. It opens right next to the IC. The door is heavy and the area was occasionally congested with employees and boxes and things they were stocking the IC with. But, mostly no problem.

nd yes, we used the door at the end of the hall as did several other passengers. It opens right next to the IC. The door is heavy and the area was occasionally congested with employees and boxes and things they were stocking the IC with. But, mostly no problem.

When looking at the deck plan of the Caribbean Princess, it looks like the doorway opens up to the area behind the counter of the IC...a different layout than what I see on the deck plan of the Ruby, Emerald, etc.

Edited by AryMay

We had the last inside cabin down your hallway towards the middle of the ship on the Grand (P331 if I recall correctly). There was some sort of mechanical lift or winch or something that did make some noise from time to time right beside us, but it really didn't bother us very much. If the layout is similar, you would be insulated by a few cabins from the direct noise.

Oh I loved being close to the IC. Midnight snacks every night!. I don't sleep well so I would take a book and sit by the IC and grab something decadent anytime I was restless. Often I was the only one in the Atrium except for the staff. I had so many pistachio puddings and fruit tarts!!!!

I would not hesitate to take that location again.

Don

AryMay,

Yep, double-checked the deck plans and you are definitely correct. So, I bet that door is not accessible on the Caribbean. The truth is on the Ruby, while we (and others) used it, it had the distinct feel of a crew access door. And to get to it you had to wind around the people sitting there at the IC. So, it may never have been intended for use by passengers, but not specifically marked "crew-only".

AryMay,

Yep, double-checked the deck plans and you are definitely correct. So, I bet that door is not accessible on the Caribbean. The truth is on the Ruby, while we (and others) used it, it had the distinct feel of a crew access door. And to get to it you had to wind around the people sitting there at the IC. So, it may never have been intended for use by passengers, but not specifically marked "crew-only".

Here is a photo of the IC on the Crown Princess that I found online. I think that must be the hallway to the cabins you can see in the background. It does look like it would be accessible.

crowninternationalcafe.jpg

This second photo is the IC on the Caribbean Princess. I wonder if the closed door behind the counter is the one that leads to the cabins? If so, it does not look like it would be one that could be used by passengers.

international-cafe--v10849527-cc-720.jpg

Does this make sense? Has anyone used the door by the IC to get to the P3xx cabins on the Caribbean Princess?

I've been reading every post I can find on the inside cabins near the art gallery on the Caribbean Princess. (I've also read many posts pertaining to these cabins on the Emerald, Ruby, etc.)

I would love to hear opinions from anyone who has stayed in P326 or any of the other inside cabins near the art gallery specifically on the Caribbean Princess.

Oh...and one other question...is the doorway leading from the hallway by P326 out to the Piazza accessible by guests...or is this strictly for crew working in the IC? The deck plan is different than what I see on the Emerald, for example.

We have stayed in P322, beside P326. Had no disturbance from art gallery behind the wall. Sometimes, there were noise from rolling carts from Crown Grill above but only on mid afternoon, but not everyday.

No, the hallway you mentioned is not accessible by guests.

I've booked P331 on the Caribbean Princess specifically for its closeness to the International Cafe. We can access the IC directly from there, right? :confused:

I have stayed in P327 on the Caribbean Princess and used a door in Vines to go between cabin and the Piazza. Would book that area in a minute on that ship. Have a great cruise!

I've been in P326 on the Grand. Although there was a little noise from the art gallery one morning, it wasn't bad. Certainly not bad enough to negate all the positives about a cabin in that area. We've also been in a cabin further forward (approx. P263?) and there was more thruster/machine noise in that area. I prefer the inside cabins closer to the art gallery.