HAL September Sales on AK Cruises?

12Mermaids

I've seen mention of sales of merchandise onboard late in the season. I'll be sailing from Vancouver on 14 September (so soon!!) and that is the second-to-last sailing for the Alaska season.

Does anyone have experience with onboard sales?

Thanks, in advance, for any information you can share.

I've seen mention of sales of merchandise onboard late in the season. I'll be sailing from Vancouver on 14 September (so soon!!) and that is the second-to-last sailing for the Alaska season.

Not sure about your sailing week but the last sailing week we enjoyed 75-90% off all Alaska items. Smoked salmon in the nice wooden boxes went from $15 to $3. We definitely filled all of our spare luggage space with t-shirts, salmon, ceramic totem poles, crystal polar bears, etc. Sales in all of the ports were amazing, too.

There are generally onboard sales on every cruise. The last few of the season should have some and maybe better ones. Watch your daily program and get there early!

Have a super time! Alaska is such a great cruise!!

Thank you! I'm very excited about this trip.

Had no idea there are sales on every cruise--have never sailed Holland America before (this is only my second cruise).

Not sure about your sailing week but the last sailing week we enjoyed 75-90% off all Alaska items. Smoked salmon in the nice wooden boxes went from $15 to $3. We definitely filled all of our spare luggage space with t-shirts, salmon, ceramic totem poles, crystal polar bears, etc. Sales in all of the ports were amazing, too.

I actually posted another thread in the Alaska forum about sales in the ports, haha.

Those are major discounts and sound great! Maybe my week will be 50-65%. Now I know I need to pack a duffel in my suitcase, so I can bring back bargain items :).

You should be able to get a great deal on a sweatshirt that will be perfect for Alaska!