Coral MDR seats 10?

masterty

I know the Grand Class ships have tables for 10 in the MDR as I have sat in them with my family of 10. Does the Coral also have tables for 10? Everytime I select a table for 10 in my personalizer it returns to 8 on the next login. I called customer service and they said I will have to request table for 10 once onboard.

Any advice is appreciated.

Ask once onboard. The Maitre D' will be taking requests embarkation day. The norm is eight; ten is a special request as it involves changing the table top and adds a strain on the waitstaff to serve additional passengers. The large tabletop makes it difficult to talk to anyone other than those immediately next to you.

Sounds like they do exist on the Coral. On our last cruise (Grand) they placed 9 chairs at a table for 8. It was miserable. The chairs wouldn't go in all the way and everyone's knees were banging. It did not matter that 2 were children, the chairs simply did not fit within a useable circumference. On a previous cruise our group of 10 sat at a table for 10 on the Star Princess. It was pleasant having 10 at a table made for 10.

Ask once onboard. The Maitre D' will be taking requests embarkation day. The norm is eight; ten is a special request as it involves changing the table top and adds a strain on the waitstaff to serve additional passengers. The large tabletop makes it difficult to talk to anyone other than those immediately next to you.

Pam, you're right and it will take over 2 hours every night for dinner. I think that's why they don't like to do it.

Tony

Sounds like they do exist on the Coral. On our last cruise (Grand) they placed 9 chairs at a table for 8. It was miserable. The chairs wouldn't go in all the way and everyone's knees were banging. It did not matter that 2 were children, the chairs simply did not fit within a useable circumference. On a previous cruise our group of 10 sat at a table for 10 on the Star Princess. It was pleasant having 10 at a table made for 10.

Ah!! That's terrible!! We booked a cruise a year ago with another couple. We always do Thanksgiving together at Disneyland with our kids. This year we decided to change things up and do a cruise. Another friend decided she needed to get away and is joining us. She only know my family, not my friends. The 8 of us are confirmed early seating but my friend just booked. She's on a wait list. I would hate for her to have to eat alone, and I know our group wants to get the kids fed and put to bed so we can enjoy our evening.

It's going to stress me out. It's both friend's first cruises!

Ah, just going to have to go with the flow :)

I know the Grand Class ships have tables for 10 in the MDR as I have sat in them with my family of 10. Does the Coral also have tables for 10? Everytime I select a table for 10 in my personalizer it returns to 8 on the next login. I called customer service and they said I will have to request table for 10 once onboard.

Any advice is appreciated.

Gosh, I really hope they do. No one wants to be cramped or uncomfortable during dinner, or split up! That sucks too. :(