No More Excursion Reviews

njaloha

I agree I could never figure out how they could post "reviews" that didn't apply to the excursion.

Use tripadvisor.com for popular private tour companies. Some which X actually uses. You'll at least get a little info of the port of call highlights and options.

I wouldn't trust Celebrity to allow honest reviews of its excursions. They're in the business of selling them, after all. Negative publicity certainly wouldn't help. I think I've actually taken 2 Celebrity shore excursions in my whole cruising history. One had better arrangements for getting from St. Thomas to St. John and one to the D-Day beaches we were concerned about getting back to the ship on time. Turned out to be an accurate concern--all the Celebrity buses were at least half an hour late. Mostly I do private excursions as I dislike being in large groups on a large bus.

. Mostly I do private excursions as I dislike being in large groups on a large bus.

We agree. Unless I have obc I want to use up, we do all our excursions with private bookings or figure out a fun way to do on our own. I HATE coach buses and waiting.:o

I was asked to write a review (I'm sure it was just a email sent to all) on some excursions we took in April and those reviews were there for a while. I haven't looked lately and didn't know they didn't offer reviews any longer. On one review was pretty negative and the other was positive and they were not edited by anyone.

I just got an email from Celebrity Sep 12 asking me to write a review of one of the excursions I took with them in August. I guess I shouldn't bother!

Thank you for vacationing with Celebrity Cruises! As you know, we showcase guest reviews on our website and we would like to ask you to share your review of the shore excursions you experienced on your most recent Celebrity Cruise. Please log in to your My Celebrity account and tell us about the Alaska's Whales, Glaciers & Rainforest Trails while it's still fresh on your mind and help other potential cruisers find their perfect vacation.

You can review a different experience if you'd like:

Tracy Arm Fjord and Glacier Explorer - Celebrity Solstice Write a Review

I've written multiple excursion reviews and they were always published unedited. I agree that a lot of times people who don't know what they are doing will write a review against the entire cruise (makes you wonder if the publishers actually read the reviews). It's too bad they are gone. There have been helpful reviews that have aided me in deciding whether to take an excursion or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Put the name of the excursion in your google bar and you'll see actual reviews come up. Some link to Trip Advisor and some back here to some actual reviews that appeared in the body of a ship/cruise review. We take independent excursions too and I also "review" them first on line. Not on Celebrity or a biased site.

I agree that their "reviews" are less than helpful.

I wouldn't trust Celebrity to allow honest reviews of its excursions. They're in the business of selling them, after all. Negative publicity certainly wouldn't help. I think I've actually taken 2 Celebrity shore excursions in my whole cruising history. One had better arrangements for getting from St. Thomas to St. John and one to the D-Day beaches we were concerned about getting back to the ship on time. Turned out to be an accurate concern--all the Celebrity buses were at least half an hour late. Mostly I do private excursions as I dislike being in large groups on a large bus.

I agree.

I just noticed that Celebrity Shore Excursion pages no longer show reviews! That's not very helpful. :mad: Those reviews often made a difference whether I flipped or flew!

Although they're not line specific (based on destination), Cruise Critic has shore excursion reviews you can search to find some feedback before you decide.

Happy Cruising!

~Brittany Chrusciel, Associate Editor

Although they're not line specific (based on destination), Cruise Critic has shore excursion reviews you can search to find some feedback before you decide.

Happy Cruising!

~Brittany Chrusciel, Associate Editor

Thanks, I took a look and

I found this at the bottom of the reviews:

Provider: Bonaire Vista Tours

Provider: Celebrity Cruises

Edited by njaloha
spelling

I tried to post a review on a post-cruise excursion thru Celebrity last year that was not all that complimentary but factual and they said it could not be published. Said it did not meet the criteria but for the life of me could find nothing that was not compliant with their requirements.