Barcelona Tour via airport to ship

sailset

We are going on the TA cruise on the Harmony from Barcelona on October 23rd.

RC is offering a 4 hrs tour from airport to ship. Has anyone done a similiar tour from airport to ship? We're arriving in Barcelona at 9 am..I called RC they said we can't board until 1230 pm. Was wondering what options we have once we get to port as we will have luggage? Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Sorry you won't be spending some days in Barcelona before the TA, as there is so much to see. But to answer your question: Barcelona Day Tours (which has a well-deserved great reputation here on CC) will pick you up at the airport, keep your luggage in their van, give you a tour, and drop you at the ship. Might be cheaper than the RCI tour (which is using a local vendor anyway), and certain to be smaller and more fun (and probably customizeable). We used BDT for a port call a couple of years ago and had one of the best guides we've ever had on any tour.

https://barcelonadaytours.com/tour-from-airport/

Please also check out the Ports of Call/Spain forum for more info on tours in Barcelona, and on BDT

Have a great trip!

I agree with the previous poster- Barcelona day tours. We booked a private transfer/short tour from airport to port. They company has been very professional and responds immediately by email.

We are on the same TA cruise, counting down the days!:)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Depending on how many people are in your party, you can take a taxi from airport to the cruise port for around €30, drop off your luggage and then take taxi to Port Vell (less than €10). There are so much to do/see around Port Vell and you are within walking distance to La Rambla. You can spend several hours here. When you are ready to board, just take a taxi back to cruise port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taxi from airport to port -> 39 Euro flat fee

Drop your bags at port!

Take the blue T3 shuttle bus to Columbus column (4 Euro roundtrip).

You can walk to Port Vell from there or up to La Rambla. At the Columbus column there are also the HoHo buses. BTW going up the column is 6 Euro, great view but tiny elevator.

steamboats

I'm flying into Barcelona in 3 weeks and was considering doing this, too, but then the idea of going on a 4-hour bus tour after a 9-hour flight was too much. We just booked the direct transfer to ship. But following your post for ideas because maybe we'll go back out to explore Barcelona after dropping off luggage. But I'm thinking most likely we'll just beeline for deck chairs and relax on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I called RC today and asked about dropping off our luggage as I read on here that you can do that, but the representative I spoke to said he wasn't familiar with that procedure??? I told him my understanding was that someone at the port takes your luggage to your ship so you just have to contend with your carry on. For those that have done this, does this take place at the terminal your assigned to ? how does the process work once you arrive at the port? I'm sorry for so many questions just a little overwhelming. We don't want to miss the ship ...lol. Our ship leaves at 6 pm, the RC rep said we should be back by 4 pm to board if we decide not to board at 12:30 (this is the time he said we will be able to board the ship). We too will be flying in after an overnight trip of 8 hrs landing at 9 am...so just want to have no worries. Thanks again for all your help!

With an arrival at 9 am I think you will be at the port by 10/10:30 am. 10:30 am is the time they do start with check-in. Obviously your designated time slot is 12:30 pm. But if you´re lucky you can check in earlier than that. The time slots are sort of an crowd control.

Yes, you have to go to your designated terminal (B or C) to drop your luggage (and for check-in).

Muster drill is pretty likely at 4:45 pm. So that´s the time you should be onboard anyway.

I´d say, take your time at the airport (long ways to walk). Grab a taxi and go directly to the port. Drop your luggage. Check on whether the lines are long for check-in. If it´s extremely busy take the T3 port shuttle and make a stroll over La Rambla (but keep an eye on your belongings!). Go back to port by 12:30 pm and go onboard.

steamboats

With an arrival at 9 am I think you will be at the port by 10/10:30 am. 10:30 am is the time they do start with check-in.

I´d say, take your time at the airport (long ways to walk). Grab a taxi and go directly to the port. Drop your luggage. Check on whether the lines are long for check-in. If it´s extremely busy take the T3 port shuttle and make a stroll over La Rambla (but keep an eye on your belongings!). Go back to port by 12:30 pm and go onboard. steamboats

Steamboats--I see you are from Germany. I remember the line for Euro zone travelers was very short. They simply scanned their own passport at an electronic kiosk and they were off. I certainly saw the advantage of traveling within the zone. [PS-- Thank you for your review of Harmony. I love the pictures] :)

OP--However, the line for customs for others [including US citizens] was longer [+ a longish walk from gate].

Add up the time in your head. You have to deplane from the large international plane [unless first class you will take time] . . . . customs . . get luggage . . . walk to taxi stand and get a taxi with ~30 minute ride to port, it will be at least 11 am or even after for a 9 am landing. YMMV

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

DragonoftheSeas,

You´re of course correct. Flying in from Germany I don´t have any passport control. So there´s no wait for me.

So I´d add another half an hour and say arrival time at port is more like 10:30 am to 11 am. If the port is busy then take the shuttle bus and stroll around. If not then just check-in and go onboard.

steamboats

Thanks Dragonof the seas....just confirms our decision to just get on ship. Well probably be too tired anyway;). Well just have to book another TA out of Barcelona someday and arrive a couple of days earlier. Actually coming from the U.S. that's we what we usually do but this trip we couldn't :(.

Edited by sailset

So funny I was saying how I'd be too tired to do this and who wants to sit on a bus after sitting on the plane. But now that I got that email about the shore excursions and it's only $30 more than the transfers, I think we're going to do this! Either we'll be sitting/walking around on the ship or doing the same in Barcelona. We might as well do it in Barcelona.

However, for anyone who's done this transfer tour, do you actually get out of the bus and walk around and see stuff up close? I'd go crazy if it is literally sit on a bus and drive around for 4 hours!

Edited by Bound4Bermuda

Did anyone ever take this tour? Time is winding down on the sale, so I want to decide today whether to book this tour and cancel the straight transfer to port. I'm really concerned about how much of this tour is on a bus. Do you get out and walk around much or are you just driving around for 4 hours? Stopping and getting out and walking around sounds perfect, but the idea of being on a bus for 4 hours would be torture! I can't find a single review here or online.

I did actually take this tour. It was mostly just driving around and seeing the city but there were a couple times we were able to get off and take some photos. It is worth it if it's your only chance to see the city and want to stick with a royal tour. Not much more money then basic transfer. However when I go back in a couple weeks I will be using Barcelona day tours As they are highly recommended and seem to give you more bang for your buck.

Edited by Ivana Cruise

I did actually take this tour. It was mostly just driving around and seeing the city but there were a couple times we were able to get off and take some photos. It is worth it if it's your only chance to see the city and want to stick with a royal tour. Not much more money then basic transfer. However when I go back in a couple weeks I will be using Barcelona day tours As they are highly recommended and seem to give you more bang for your buck.

Thank you!!