Princess Future Cruise Credits-You Gotta Lov'em

Stuartm

My TA contacted me a couple of days ago to tell me that, as Princess are having a sale, she has re-booked us and saved us $300 on our fare and gained us $200 extra onboard credit. This was 4 weeks before final payment and only possible because we had applied FFC's to this booking.

This isn't the first time that having FFC's have saved us money and I only mention it as there may be some who are either not aware of FFC's or who may be dubious about putting money up front for a cruise they may not take. We have sailed mainly Princess in the past years and we always buy a couple of FCC's knowing that if we don't use them we will get our money back anyway so it works only to our advantage.

I,like many others, watch with some dismay at times when cruise lines make changes where things that used to be included now incur a fee or what used to be a public area of a ship is now an exclusive 'pay for the privilege' venue. Hopefully Princess's Future Cruise Credit system will remain untouched.

cheers

Stu

We swear by them, wouldn't take a cruise without renewing for next time. On top of all the other goodies that usually comes with a booking, particularly when a Niece is your TA, we got $95.00 each from Princess this time instead of the usual $75.00.

We swear by them, wouldn't take a cruise without renewing for next time. On top of all the other goodies that usually comes with a booking, particularly when a Niece is your TA, we got $95.00 each from Princess this time instead of the usual $75.00.

We swear by them too and buy 2 future cruise deposits each, every cruise. That covers b2b or two almost b2b. The small deposit allows you to book well in advance safe in the knowledge you can change or cancel your booking without loss and potentially get a better deal like Stuart and the guaranteed OBC is an added bonus.

Thanks for this post - I have just written my travel agent about the sale and whether it would affect our quote. She hasn't been proactive in contacting us :( We booked with future cruise credits so I assume if there is a better deal then she can revise our costing.

Hi all! I have never bought an FCC so would you mind explaining how that works please? How long are they good for and approximately how much does each one cost? Are they only good for certain cruises? And does it work the same for each cruiseline; I mean is one cruiselines FCC better than another? It sounds like a great perk! Thanking you in advance!

Hi all! I have never bought an FCC so would you mind explaining how that works please? How long are they good for and approximately how much does each one cost? Are they only good for certain cruises? And does it work the same for each cruiseline; I mean is one cruiselines FCC better than another? It sounds like a great perk! Thanking you in advance!

I can only talk Princess specific.

You buy it on board at the cruise sales desk/office

$100 ea, good you two years (though I'm told they're generous at rolling them over, never had one that long :D), they are then your deposit on the next cruise you book, you can't use them on longer cruises (45 days plus) when you book using one you get additional OBC (upto $150 pp)

https://book.princess.com/html/personalizer/downloads/pdf/FutureCruiseDepositForm.pdf

other lines have similar deals.

You can also check on the status of your FFC's by going to your "My Princess" page on the website and under 'Captains Circle/membership info/circle savings' you can see what FFC's you have, those that are applied to a current booking, those that are still available and the expiry date of each credit.

We have credits that expire in January next year. We have decided that we should have a year without a cruise in 2017 (we'll see how long that crazy idea lasts!) but our TA said she can apply them to any old cruise next year and if...no ..when later in the year we book a cruise for 2018 she can transfer the same FFC over to that. Of course if we don't use the credit we will get the money back.

cheers

Stu

If you don't use the credits by 2 years they are refunded to you. An added bonus is you get on board credit depending on the cabin and length of cruise, as an example an Oceanview cabin on a 9-14 day cruise gets $75.00 on board credit per person with future cruise credit.

Edited by Russell21

We booked a 71 day cruise for next year and asked Princess to use our FCC. They said we could not use the credit on a long cruise but gave us the discount anyway and then returned our two $100 FCCs.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That was very good of them.