Seafood Shack on Carnival Vista

drakes2

Would love to try out the lobster rolls on my upcoming cruise in February on the Vista but wondering if they use real lobster or is it imitation sea legs, which I believe is made of Pollock fish. The price of $12 seems pretty reasonable so just wondering if it's really lobster. I once had it at a restaurant in Fort Lauderdale and it was 'God Awful'. I'm pretty picky when it comes to seafood. Sorry if there is already a thread on this topic; I just could not find it.:)

There are several threads and reviews on the Everything Vista board.

Such as this one. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2309712&highlight=seafood+shack&page=2

Just do a search there. As the ship hasn't been to the US yet and supposedly does get some local seafood, things may be different, but the lobster looks real to me. Most likely in the Caribbean it'll be the spiny, rock, lobsters like the ones served in the MDR (No claws), not the Maine lobsters.

Wow! That's great to know. I'll be there every day for lunch. Want to check out their clam chowder also.

It's real lobster and you get 2 lobster rolls for $12. Also u can order them with just drawn butter instead of mayo